Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:26:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: EZ Halloween 2018  (Read 18340 times)
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 07:55:31 am »

Woah started earlier than expected! Too bad my laptop is still busted Sad

Enjoy all!

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 01:33:36 pm »

This halloween event is no longer worth the time.  I've resorted to doing actual work irl over the event I looked forward to for so long.  What a disappointment.

I don't like to say this often but grow up guy....these guys bust their butt FOR NOTHING...no fan fair....no money....and then someone like you makes a comment like this...maybe look at the reason changes were/were not made because people were exploiting content......

Let me preface by saying, I really like the server. I spent money on it at the start of the event. However, I think it would just be cool to get confirmation if there was a purposeful change.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 02:03:59 pm »

I'm not sure what you guys are going on about out about regarding loot in the normal tiered zones, that is just ONE aspect of the many events we have going on

The entire reasoning for having loot in those zones available is so that folks who may not necessarily be up in the upper tier can still enjoy getting some of these items to help them super charge the progression they already have to do. These items are not meant to be a shower of loot as they are meant for amplifying gameplay in a fun and powerful way, naturally they are going to be more on the uncommon side

Just today alone, in all zones BUT Plane of Regret, there has been:

• 481 Zone Wide Pull Drops
  • 68 DL Instance Drops
  • 47 TL Instance Drops

In ONLY in Plane of Regret

• 226 Zone Wide Pull Drops
  • 81 DL Instance Drops
  • 27 TL Instance Drops

If anything, I'm thinking normalized zones need to be adjusted a tad to be inline with the top end event, and the top end needs slight adjustment as well which I will do now

Also, the event is going on for a LONG period (2 weeks), you have time to take advantage of it and make it worthwhile and the rates are plenty reasonable. There are ALOT of things to get out of this event outside of these three items.

Come on folks, stop throwing fits over a special event that we put together for you. You can simply do your progression just as you were

EZ Server GM
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 02:46:35 pm »

Come on folks, stop throwing fits over a special event that we put together for you. You can simply do your progression just as you were

+1
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 02:56:23 pm »

This post will earn me some haters.... but I saw this coming.

Raise concerns about something that was implemented for people to receive and enjoy in all tiers, but in no way was a definite guarantee for every pull, then something will get changed in the end... and not always for the better ie...the Zone Pullers.

RNG is a bitch and as soon as you understand that and learn to accept it.. then less things get looked at and changed. You have a lucky streak and then you don't. Simple as that.. and yes.. that can be server wide.

Akk hit the nail on the head with his post. If they change something, ie drop rates, etc.. they post it on the forums and changelog. Akk and Rent have been pretty transparent with everything they do to the server to benefit us or balance things. There was a lot of /ooc posts and concern over something that now will be changed and balanced. Basically ask and you shall receive and accept that sometimes its not always for the better....

Oh and congrats to those that received a portion of the 700+ zone pullers (that were suppose to be rare in drop rate) that dropped today, cause I received 0 of that portion. Haven't logged in today.  Cheesy

...my 1 copper...

Mix
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 03:01:53 pm by Mixlor » Logged
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 03:00:45 pm »

I have all my uber lewts already screw the noobs!  Grin

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2018, 05:13:13 pm »

I have all my uber lewts already screw the noobs!  Grin

Shuddap noob!  Smiley

Mix
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2018, 06:22:37 pm »

I hope I didn't come off as throwing a fit. I tried to preface my post: I like the event either way and it even convinced me to go ahead and drop money on the server.

To clarify I think it seemed like the ZP drop specifically had changed (the others are far too rare to estimate off a single day of farming). I believe there would be merit in nerfing the ZP drops (if they were). By having the drops average >1 in a clear (like they were) you have an infinitely replenishing system which was tons of fun but puts a lot of stress to farm farm farm as fast as possible. Over the first several days my stash of ZPs steadily grew. Yesterday my stash went down by 1/3 before I decided that it seemed like the drop on ZPs had changed. So I went to the halloween zone instead and I had lots of fun there.

For me I'd just like to know so I can make an informed decision about what to do, if spears no longer self replenish then I'd like to save them, otherwise I'll keep chugging away with zone pulls.
kuahara

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2018, 10:41:49 pm »

People are going to interpret my statements however they want, regardless of what I actually say or how I intend for them to come across.  I love the server.  If I was in a position to give money away, I'd still donate to it.  I'm very grateful that it's here and free of cost.  I'm also vaguely aware of the large amount of time sunk into bringing the various ideas to fruition and don't take that for granted.

All that said, I'm still entitled to an opinion and sometimes I'll voice it.  If I think a piece of armor is ugly and say so that doesn't mean I expect someone to come running to fix it.  I'm not trying to exude a sense of entitlement.  People love their drama and it's more dramatic to say, "look at that entitled little bitch" and take that interpretation from my comments.  If that's what you want to do with it.  Go do that.  If you don't care for my opinion, I don't give a shit. Just move on.  No one said anyone had to like me.

When I first came back to EZ server I remarked one time in ooc how it'd be nice if there was a way to pull the whole zone at once in some of the places I'd been farming.  When I said it, I had no idea the zone clicky even existed.  Someone told me about it, said they drop like candy during Halloween, and got me a little excited for the event.  My expectations had been set.  Whether I'm owed a damn thing or not, my expectations had been set.  No differently than they'd have been set if someone said, "hey there's a froglok ghost on ldon lvl 5".  I'd wander in expecting to see a froglok ghost.

When the Halloween event was kicked off, it turned out what someone said was true.  I made my plans and set forth doing what I thought was fun.  Then I felt like I had the carpet pulled out from under my feet.  I realize I'm not owed the Halloween event that someone described a few weeks/months back.  That's fine.  I get that.  My opinion is now that the event is no longer worth my time.  I was disappointed.  That's just my opinion.  The server as a whole is still fun to play on.  I just felt like as a lowly 73, when the ZP drop rate was nuked, ZP was reduced from being something potentially very useful to a party trick I'll be able to do a few times before I run out.

That's ok though, I can just continue progression as though the event never happened.

I appreciate the effort put into the event.  Sorry if I didn't like it as much as you might have hoped.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2018, 06:55:51 am »

I get where you are coming from, kuahara...BUT please make sure you get IG for ALL your toons (you will regret it if you don't later on) once you get to the end level you will find the newer of the halloween is a TON of fun....and rewarding.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2018, 07:25:52 am »

Voice of Cazic Thule will be very helpful later on, as well.

Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 07:50:42 am »

I get where you are coming from, kuahara...BUT please make sure you get IG for ALL your toons (you will regret it if you don't later on) once you get to the end level you will find the newer of the halloween is a TON of fun....and rewarding.

What's the best method to get drops now that spears don't self-sustain? The drop rates only worked out when you were killing 200+ mobs a minute. I've been working the gravedigger quest which gives three tokens per hand in but it actually doesn't seem to be very fast anymore either (maybe I just got really really really unlucky yesterday though).
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 08:36:33 am »

Unfamiliar with gravedigger quest...All I ever did was just make a big loop and run all the mobs back to the tunnel (so you didnt get thrown far when that one named spawned....and looted on whatever toon had quest items.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 12:02:59 pm »

Unfamiliar with gravedigger quest...All I ever did was just make a big loop and run all the mobs back to the tunnel (so you didnt get thrown far when that one named spawned....and looted on whatever toon had quest items.

I've only completed T4 so I'm definitely not quite on that level yet. I actually didn't even know housegarden had a tunnel. Maybe it's all about doing the kill quests now but if I focus on them I can only complete a couple a night which would be a little rough to complete.
Finkleton

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2018, 02:15:36 pm »

Seems like this event is causing alot of grief and hate between players. Nerfs daily and everyones upset threw server weather they admit it or not. I think a good idea would be to end the event and do a double loot till it ls over. No more doubles/triples or zone pulls cause its gonna cause more hate and grief to newer players that gotta read ooc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 169