Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:07:36 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Autopay  (Read 3633 times)
kuahara

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2018, 08:07:17 am »

I don't know how possible it is, but I had a thought that seemed like it might be rather win/win for players and for server maintenance.

There are certain zones that I almost always want an instance of, particularly crowded zones like nexus or stonehive and any spot where I plan to farm often.  Every few days, I have to recreate all my instances and I thought, "wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to set an autopay or auto renew flag" so that certain zones automatically get 3 additional days added to their expiration time and money is automatically taken from my inventory.

Akkadius, you mentioned that zone creation and destruction were two things that were contributing to performance issues.  I don't know if those were issues that were only present during the halloween event.  I still wake up each morning to all my clients being logged out.  Also, I don't know if this weird suggestion would even help.  If I have an instance of qeynos2 open and no one is in it for hours, has the zone been taken down even though my instance is not expired?  Does it get "recreated" again when I /say enter blah?

On the surface, it seems like being able to automatically extend instance times would help with the number of instances being orphaned upon expiration, but I may be missing some of the bigger picture.
Finkleton

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 03:20:25 pm »

+1
Not a horrible idea if its not to much time to do
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149