Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:33:29 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Tool: Window Switcher  (Read 6111 times)
nadr

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2018, 11:09:00 am »

Hey guys.  I got back into the game recently and got frustrated with the Alt+Tab hell of managing 12 toons.  I wrote a program that will let you easily name and switch to specific windows.  It's pretty rough atm, but if there's interest, I'll clean it up.

Basically, you use the top half to add a process.  It's nearly the same as what you'd write in a .bat file for MQ2AutoLogin, but you can add a name.  When you hit "Save", it'll add to the list on the left.  To start EQ, you can either select from the list and hit "StartProcess" or hit "Start All" to start everything in the list. After you get things running, selecting an item in the list will maximize the selected window and minimize the rest.

To get the app, download it from https://github.com/bartam/windowSwitcher/releases.  I'm not a windows dev, but fingers crossed, it should just work.

If you run into problems, the best place to reach me is on github: https://github.com/bartam/windowSwitcher.  I'll do my best to help.

s0rcier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 06:48:16 am »

can u make your window support up to 36 or 42 toons? i dont see any scrolldown or anything Smiley

yes i do run that many toons not just asking for fun!

nice works!

Hardtime
nadr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 09:43:39 am »

It'll start to scroll when you add enough rows. 
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 12:20:26 pm »

I believe I have it setup correctly, but when I hit Start Process, it closes the application, and nothing happens.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 01:08:57 pm »

Works great. Thank you.

Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 05:45:51 pm »

I love the idea. I hate relying on the window ordering in Windows because if I crash or one doesn't start up they are out of order and there's no way I can find to reorder them. However does the tool always maximize windows? Is there a way to change it?
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 06:07:45 pm »

Was unable to launch after the first usage. I'm getting a permission error even when running as admin.

Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 06:53:55 pm »

can u make your window support up to 36 or 42 toons? i dont see any scrolldown or anything Smiley

yes i do run that many toons not just asking for fun!

nice works!

Hardtime

42 toons holy crap my 24 i thought was crazy. Lol

nadr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 08:40:39 pm »

I believe I have it setup correctly, but when I hit Start Process, it closes the application, and nothing happens.

The only thing that happens when you push the start button is that it attempts to run the process.  Basically "start {command}".  I'll read up on the specifics, but double check that the command is right.

Was unable to launch after the first usage. I'm getting a permission error even when running as admin.

That's weird.  I'll run some tests on my end.

I love the idea. I hate relying on the window ordering in Windows because if I crash or one doesn't start up they are out of order and there's no way I can find to reorder them. However does the tool always maximize windows? Is there a way to change it?

I'll add that to my feature list.  Thanks!
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 03:42:31 pm »

Thats the only reason I run WinEQ2.  Love the hot key functionality, but it is limited to 18.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 11:12:04 pm »

I had to disable AVG.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 08:37:39 am »

Isboxer/Inner Space is what I have always used. It does cost $15/$50 per 90/365 days, unless you join their Discord and snag a coupon code(not always available). Each to their own if it's worth it or not. They do have a free trial though so you can test it out before you decide.

Software includes making character sets, starting all clients, hotkeys to switch windows, broadcast system, sweet client windows layouts and much more.

https://ibb.co/rFmZmZV <- Picture of the layout I use currently.

Not sure why [img] tag didn't work..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 08:44:59 am by Sarthin » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081