Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:37:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Buff the Arthicrex bosses  (Read 3703 times)
Clinicus

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2019, 09:58:08 pm »

I have a level appropriate group of 6 and I've been having fun in Arthicrex as a cool alternative to CT. I like the zone and that it's open and kind of AE friendly, but the bosses seem to be too easy to me.

The first time I spawned The Proponent, I saw that he was a red con at 71, with a zone wide spawn emote, a cazic thule model, casting some spells on himself. Having come from CT and fighting bloodfin piranhas, I figure this fight will be tougher than that.

So I buff the group and psych myself up and try to bow pull him... and I crit the first bow shot and he falls dead. I'm just using the vendor bow from PoD, that everyone that can access this zone will also have access to.

Then I tried the Queen with a similar cautious approach. The bow shot got her to 50%, she summoned me, and I finished her in one or two rounds without any assist from my group.

I've spawned those two again later, and a couple of other bosses too, and its the same story. I can solo them in one or two combat rounds with typical 3.0 geared warrior.

I'm not sure what the intention with this zone was. Maybe it was meant for soloing? But the Proponent and the Queen at least spawn in out of the way spots, so if they were buffed, I don't think they would pose much threat to a soloer if they were stronger.

Anyway, I definitely want to say again that I really appreciate the zone and the work that has gone into it. I just think the bosses are a bit of an anti-climax.

Buffalo, Klynn, etc etc
mercarsist28

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 11:50:05 am »

This zone is meant to be an alternative for those who are boxing, the loot from the bosses is subpar as well just gearing really to move onto PoD.
Clinicus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 05:39:41 pm »

The loot is as good or better than the named in CT though, which makes me wonder why they're not at least as tough as them.

Buffalo, Klynn, etc etc
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 04:25:17 pm »

I will look into a slight "tuning" of those mobs.

Thank you.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 12:02:15 pm »

All of the bosses have had their stats revised.

For level appropriate players these encounters should be challenging now.

Please report any problems to me at ezserveronline@gmail.com 

Clinicus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 05:02:33 pm »

I finally got a chance to try them out. They're a lot better now. The traitor and the jailer were good fights in particular. The queen didn't last long but it's possible I just got lucky with that fight and I only saw her once.

Anyway, thanks for doing that. Such a fun zone.

Buffalo, Klynn, etc etc
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053