Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 10:39:04 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: T10 GSS non-nerf  (Read 6073 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2019, 09:23:55 am »

I am wondering...to me it seems that ever since the potion ingredients were added to T10 that the drop rate of other items in T10 have been inadvertently effected. So I don't think there was necessarily an intended nerf to drop rates BUT drop rates were affected IMO. Rent/Akka what are ya'lls thoughts?  Huh

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 09:47:44 am »

I have camped T10 for four days now, I pull three camps at a time and I used 5 hours of doubles without a single GSS drop. Earlier this year I would get at least 1 a day using htis method. Keep in mind I am full UA, UW12 with all of the goodies, I can only imagine what this would be like for people without UA. The drop rate seems to be almost non existant for me. There is no reward for camping T10 anymore other than CS pieces and the occasional essence. The gemstone drop rate is way less as well, this is an item that should be dropping more commonly in the hardest zone in the game more than the easier tiers as this is the level you are really wanting those upgrades.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 07:41:16 pm »

It doesn't seem to be any different than it has for years to me.  I've gone 4 weeks without seeing one and I've gotten 3 in a day, it's all just RNG and an extremely low drop chance item.  If you were reliably getting them to drop earlier this year by pulling 3 camps in 5 hours of doubles, consider yourself extremely fortunate.  The rate I've seen has consistently been about 1 in every 15k-20k kills and this doesn't seem to have changed.  I did manage to pull in 4 in the last week though, so I'm expecting to see a dry spell in the near future.  As far as the class inks being added, they're on a completely different drop table so I don't think they'd have any effect on the chance for gsoa or gss.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 08:31:10 pm »

I can confirm, yet again, the drop rate for GSS's has not been changed by me or Akka

Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 08:43:34 pm »

I can confirm, yet again, the drop rate for GSS's has not been changed by me or Akka

It was changed by someone else - Confirmed!  Grin

neccos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 04:46:17 pm »

Ok good thing inks stack to 1K now there are only so many spells u can make (way way overkill), the pp bags and diamonds flow like rain too (again useless - add something u can buy for a shit load of pp) and the infamous outdated/useless stone of impatience (ug).  Not even begging for new content because I know RL gets in the way (although it would be really nice) but dam a couple minor changes for items that are actually useful for the time bei
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:02:29 pm by neccos » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 06:08:16 pm »

Well with such an articulate and detailed list of possible suggestions, how could they not feel compelled to implement those suggestions.  Not trying to be a dick here, even though I'm definitely being a dick, but feedback without anything tangible given is hardly actionable.  Maybe instead of bitching about everything you think is inherently wrong with the drop tables, you could offer up some of your insight into how they could be improved upon.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 11:03:28 pm »

so the spell ink recipe components are dropping way too much?

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 02:24:27 pm »

so the spell ink recipe components are dropping way too much?

They drop A LOT in T10....when I pull a camp I will get 5-6 spell drop parts per pull

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2019, 04:14:43 pm »

All drop rate decisions are made with crunching numbers determining a reasonable amount of difficulty versus effort relative to the reward

I have record of all drop rates for the past 2 years and the attainability has been right on track and it has been dropping plenty for what it was intended for. It is ultimate armor and not meant to be something that is meant to be a cakewalk and is going to be a GRIND

I'm really tired of hearing that drop rates have been nerfed when it hasn't changed even once. I always exercise settings things higher on implementation and bringing them down over time rather than setting them too low initially and then nerfing the shit out of them, that just pisses players off and I don't like doing that

Too many people are used to how easy all of the Halloween event boosters have made things, that they become desensitized to how bad the grind really was not very long ago. This is really just more of the same

Here is some hard data for you, same drop historic drop rates took place last year as they did this year. The only variance in these numbers has to do with whether or not DL is taking place, folks are popping DL/TL instances, or a group of folks is just grinding the zone incredibly hard. We've also had generally lower population grinding out T10 as of late as well so you have to take that into consideration of drop rate stats

Regardless, I have made adjustments to T10 since it has been a few years now to make things a little "softer" for folks. I don't want to hear any more complaining

Server Changelog
  • T10 boss spawn rates have been increased
  • T10 GSS drop rates have been slightly adjusted up
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 04:22:28 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
neccos

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 04:43:20 pm »

Just for shits and giggles could this also be posted for TOFS masters ? been running doubles and triples for a month seen a few Tsernas but no advisors, doesn't seem right.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 05:22:14 pm »

ToFS loot tables have not been changed either.

Nope, just hasn't happened.

neccos

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 10:51:59 pm »

Must just be my shitty luck, before doubles and triples came out couple years ago u would at least see some eofs drop, but I know nothing has changed (cough)
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2019, 11:18:29 am »

There is no "cough", nothing has been changed.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)