Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:53:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2020 EZ Server Code Update Testing  (Read 5625 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2020, 02:07:31 pm »

EZ Test Server is up on the standard server list, the main things that I need testing are:

• Combat (damage should be improved if anything)
  • Factions, interactions with factions, quests in both T9 and T10 Done
  • Task functionality Done
  • Interaction with items Done
  • Expedition functionality Done

I've already gone through most of these myself, but I need extra eyes to take a look at not only thing but everything as a whole. We have a lot of great updates (year and a half worth) out of this but there are some things that could have potentially broke along the way so I definitely appreciate your guys help taking a look.

Once testing is done I will extend doubles through the weekend and we can not only migrate to our new server but also new hardware.

Thanks everyone!

Please respond inline in thread in regards to testing

If you are interested in what has changed in the past year in a half you can refer to:

https://eqemu.gitbook.io/changelog/years/2019
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 12:11:28 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 05:10:09 pm »

Are our characters already copied to the test server?

shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 12:29:17 pm »

Akk, what else needs testing at this point?  I should be able to log on tonight if there is anything pending.

Tobin
kleo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 12:31:45 pm »

only thing i noticed was sunderock gnolls when i hit them took off running slowly like they were snared hopefully this got fixed
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 02:27:15 pm »

only thing i noticed was sunderock gnolls when i hit them took off running slowly like they were snared hopefully this got fixed

This was related to a bug in the code related to flee, this should be fixed at least in Sunderock

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 02:30:43 pm »

Akk, what else needs testing at this point?  I should be able to log on tonight if there is anything pending.

Tobin

Combat Formulas

Combat mostly just needs some additional testing

Because damage is now correct, this means players are actually getting belted on in T10, so I've shaved it back a little bit

This also means that player damage has almost doubled in some cases, so its just tweaking content so that combat is accurate, challenging and not unreasonable to what people already expect

You may not be able to pull a whole zone if you were used to because you were basically invulnerable in higher zones, that was never meant to happen. Maybe you could pull a whole camp at the tier you are trivialized at, but not the entire zone like its nothing
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:35:57 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 02:35:06 pm »

Factions

Lots of faction oriented testing happened in T10 on behalf of Ekiir and Dimurwar, we had to rewire a lot of quests to get things to operate as they should. I had them power play through all of the content A-Z to make sure we didn't get any progression that broke there

We did another A-Z on T9 with the help of Tobin, he power played through the entire Tier to make sure that all of the faction oriented references worked as intended

I want to thank the testers that took the time to make sure things go smoothly on the update

EZ Server GM
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 08:24:23 pm »

Ok so as far as combat.  DPS seems a good bit better.  No complaints there lol Smiley

Taking damage needs to be scaled back a bit I think.  I have a UC3 Pally in my group, and a cleric/druid/shaman healing me out of group.  Full Orc T10 gear, with about 7 Million HPs and 78% Shield wall.  Pulling 3 mobs at the orc camp I was spiking down to 36%.  Pulling 6 wiped me in a few seconds.  ATM on prod I can take 7-8 with no problems, and 9-10 in a pinch.

Tobin
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 03:33:40 pm »

The only thing that is left in this update is just making sure that combat is as close to possible to expectations on the Live server

Undoubtedly there will be adjustments and changes and it won't be perfect, but it will be really close

I've spent quite a bit of time with testers to make sure that if anything, players output more damage and that fight difficulty matches what we currently expect on the Live server

Post update; if we need to consider making further tweaks we will

I plan to make the update towards the end of the week so I have adequate time to field any additional issues that may arise during that time

Otherwise I can safely say that most of the testing has gone really well and I'm looking forward to getting things moved over

Once again thanks everyone who has put time into testing
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 03:35:23 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats