Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 11:25:37 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Offensive Guild Name  (Read 22540 times)
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 01:19:10 pm »

You just re-iterated what I already said--they are a gang.  

What is OFFENSIVE?

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2005/fall/smashing-the-shamrock/being-a-brother read some excerpts from their constitution if you doubt what is offensive.

I believe they are also on the list of Domestic Terrorist organizations.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 01:20:56 pm by Crabthewall » Logged
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 01:34:50 pm »

This is a dumb "discussion"

from the RULES

NO BAD WORDS
Offensive words in names or public chat will not be tolerated, such as anything sexual, racist, hateful, etc.

trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 01:37:34 pm »

......seriously?

You don't see what is wrong with organized crime, murder, extortion....etc?

jesus tapdaning man...

Let go kill your family after we rape their skulls, steal all their money, and burn their house down. Would that offend you, yet?

And lets say the group that did this called themselves "panda bears"

If I saw a guild named "panda bears" I would expect them to be banned from any public forum...let alone a fucking RPG game that an outside negative element such as said symbolic name represents does not belong in.

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 01:40:13 pm »

Back to the core, thanks walk2.

Now if we can just get that policy enforced, the world in which we seek escape and enjoyment in can once be....and escape and enjoyable.

Hunter and crew will be referred to this and these very important matters.

Slackoff01

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 02:56:49 pm »

Stupid question I suppose but doesnt anyone wishing to create a guild need to post here as a request for Hunter / GM approval?

If thats the case I would assume someone would already know and possibly be turning a blind eye to it.

And for the record I in no way support the idea of a guild with any sort of racist or otherwise stupid ass name.

And to the person tryin to say this isnt offensive or should be allowed as thier right or some BS, are you fucking serious?!

That only goes to show the level of idiocy that is present in our society.

OMG that is Justin Timberlake,, never knew he played on EZ

/nice duck face
Mirielle
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 03:00:03 pm »

It may have been that Hunter was unaware of it's background history.

I am sure that after reading this, he will be.......
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 03:05:17 pm »

Fucking fail
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 03:15:19 pm »

That only goes to show the level of idiocy that is present in our society.

I don't know you but.....will you marry me? <3

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 05:11:46 pm »

I tried pretty hard up to this point to avoid directly calling anyone out Admin wise, but seriously:

HUNTER PLEASE GIVE US A FUCKING ANSWER!

Are you allowing names to be whatever we want?
Can we have guild named whatever we care to pollute the server?
Can we just end this whole thing once and for all?

Seriously, just log in for a minute and say "Hey, no need to fight about this, i dont give a fuck what you name your characters or guilds", because im sure thats about the response incoming.

This would end this thread and the one i started with names of characters. I would gladly end it if you just said you didn't care.  At that point I would just ignore everyone's dumb ass names and just not care about bettering the server. Let its filth ruin itself. Wow-ish kids will go nuts making the OOC even worse than it is, chuck norris jokes will run rampant, (more) immature arguments for everyone to hear in global channels, etc...

Like I said, 5 minutes of your time man. Does us all a world of good.

yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 05:18:39 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Honor

I am not suggesting that your named is based off of or influenced by that group.  However, I think it illustrates the point that Hunter may not be "in the know" when it comes to extremist/racist groups.  He works a fulltime job (often times 60+ hours a week) and runs this server as a hobby.  At the very least cut the guy some slack.  Ideally give him the benefit of the doubt.  I am sure that Hunter had no idea what the Aryan Brotherhood was when he made the guild.  In the same way that I am sure no one from Blood and Honor knew it was an obscure neo-nazi record label.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 05:53:53 pm »

This is the kind of things that happen when the naming policy is allowed to get as lax as it has been lately. I agree with what someone else said, the entire guild should be banned.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 05:54:28 pm »

The difference is everyone on the server (who reads the forums) knows that my guild was one merged with another. Blood and Steel was original, Merge with (Dignatio = Honor in Latin iirc) thus Blood and Honor. A pretty forgivable mistake if anyone would like the guild name changed, however I dont think B&H has nearly the same impact. I dont expect every name to be analyzed to death, however common sense man.

Its pretty common knowledge that stuff like AB was a gang. I know he works long hours and what not to make ends meet and does this as a hobby. Its just fucked up that there have been 13+ pages in the thread i made about names  and a bunch of stupid bickering that could have easily been resolved with a Hunter post.

trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 05:56:37 pm »

Although spelling is different with blood and honor. Yellow does pose a good point. But I have already sent hunter all the information that is needed and offered several alternative/solutions and my own time in effort to enforce the policy if needed. People have spoken, and they are sick of the fucktards polluting the server. And we are not JUST bitching, we are saying we want it fixed...and we have ways of offering a hand in the solution.

There is no reason this policy should not be in full effect by this point in time.

Given that Hunter simply did not realize that AB was an offense, might be true...but at this point in time it is obvious that it is not a welcome choice by the majority

Mirielle
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 05:59:16 pm »

The thing is, the post is there in the rules, about offensive names etc.

The problem lies in the enforcing of said rules.

I understand and acknowledge that Hunter works a shedton of hours.
But if there are rules, then there need to be people able to enforce them.

Otherwise it spirals out of control (as it has done).

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 06:01:13 pm »

Just remove the rule and save everyone heart ache, at least we know to expect it at that point

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 172