Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 08:21:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mob damage is going crazy.  (Read 8153 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2010, 03:57:50 pm »

I don't have any parses because I did not parse mob damage before hand but I do have is solid examples.

When I go to pl a toon that I am starting I always do the same thing. I buff them with conviction, ds, sow and druid 3.0. I take them to crystal caverns and run them all through the caves collecting all the orcs. Tank all the orcs till they die off the ds, then run and collect all the spiders and the other little mobs right next to that cave, tank them till they die, gets me to about 37. I went to do the same thing yesterday, boom splat. So I tried it again thinking maybe it was just a lucky round, nope, boom splat. So I tried splitting it up a bit. Managed to get myself to lvl 27 but my regen was wearing off so I zoned out. Came back in, rebuffed and headed down the caves again. This time I am lvl 27 and half the orcs are gone. So I run through and collect what is left and boom splat. Before, I could tank all the orcs at lvl 1, (yes, all at lvl 1, didn't kill anything until I was all the way down bottom and they were all hitting on me), now I can't tank half of them at lvl 27. I finally managed to get myself to 34, and went in to collect the spiders. By now I am cautious about tanking too much so I decided I would just to the spiders by themselves. Nope, boom splat again.

Another example. I tanked Kronos the first time at about 100k hp. Stonewall wore off and I still had no issues with tanking Kronos, his two buddies and his adds. I just burn off the adds as soon as they pop and everything is fine. And the same for every other mob below him. I died to alf. 3 times. I have never died to alf. Could it be a fluke, sure. But coupled with the other incident, I am thinking not. Something weird is going on with mob damage. I dont know if it is maybe focus's are not working or ac got changed or whatever the case may be. But please, please fix this so I can enjoy playing this game again.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 04:08:45 pm »

In support of my observation I submit to you this link. It seems we are not the only ones dealing with this problem.

http://stormhavenserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1736

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 04:17:22 pm »

Additionally I would like to point out there is discussion on SH about focus effects being broken. Personally I think things are broken enough to revert back to an older code till they fix what they broke.

http://stormhavenserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1734

Temptrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 04:18:58 pm »

Ah.  This would explain the crap in Qvic that we stated a while ago as well as everywhere else now.  It would also explain why the pets have been taking massively more damage now as well. 

Xx**Official Creeper**xX
Temptrix- 70 Mage
Vanity- 70 Warrior
Erotika- 70 Enchanter
Dallas- 70 Paladin
Celestiss- 70 Ranger
Acaydia- 70 Druid
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 05:09:51 pm »

It's interesting, I did a few hours of T4 this morning, and didn't notice any issues at all regarding damage. I wonder if the change impacts ac or mitigation perhaps - I'd think I would have noticed it up there as the day before in T3 with the enrage/strike thru issue, I immediately noticed the impact from that when 3+ 300k tanks dropped in sub 1 second Smiley
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 05:19:34 pm »

From what I read, the higher up you go the less it is noticed. My deal with Alf may well have been the same issue you had as it was a couple days ago. The deal with my lowbies was today and yesterday.

Balthor2
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 06:01:35 pm »

God xiggie dont link to SH anymore. That flashing background is fucking annoying.
Shit be hitting harder tho.
Enough that even I notice it when I am drunk.
I think its comical tho... "oh this hits for 2k so I can pull 10 or 20"
SPLAT... "oh wtf"
LOADING PLEASE WAIT...
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 10:56:27 pm »

Lmao, too funny. It is really irritating when you think you know a zone in then your flat out pwnt.

yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 11:11:01 pm »

This could be related to the enrage bug.  I asked Reed to have yall log combat if you noticed anything different.  Did you?  Need dates/times and logs.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 11:16:40 pm »

This could be related to the enrage bug.  I asked Reed to have yall log combat if you noticed anything different.  Did you?  Need dates/times and logs.

Mobs in crystal caverns do not enrage. I can send a toon down there and deliver some parse logs but without a before shot it wont really mean anything.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 11:35:56 pm »

i only got a few, havent had the time to be on and parse anything reliable. but seems it doesnt matter now since enrage was taken off mobs

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 03:42:33 pm »

The "froglok slavers" right at the entrace to LDON6 are now mega-hasted or something.  They hit easily 3-5x harder than ANYTHING else in the zone, including bosses!

Slackoff01

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 11:11:12 am »

I would have to argree on the LDoN mab damage, never run any parses but on LDoN 4 near end got jumped by 3 mobs and pwned badly, granted im monk tanking with shammy heals but ive managed on LDoN 5/6 without huge issues before, and have solod on monk all the way thru LDoN 4 without major issues.

I didnt even have time to land a heal, and that sucker is macro'd so it surely wasnt from lack of targeting or speed to swap screens.

Also possibly unrelated but I ventured into Fear looking for augs and Dread / Terror are droppin me like BS fast, maybe I am missing somethign there but my screen is only reading 2k-3k damaged when I drop. Honestly been forever since I was in there on live.

OMG that is Justin Timberlake,, never knew he played on EZ

/nice duck face
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 01:22:18 pm »

I'm guessing there's a few specific mobs here or there that are the prob.  I've been smacked down harder than I thought possible on LDON 4-5 too, but I noticed it for sure on those frogs in 6.

As for Dread/Terror - they deathtouch for 90k  Cool  You didn't notice them shouting your name right before you got hit for 90000?  Otherwise they are incredibly easy for a 1.5+ geared level 70 here.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 359