Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:08:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Question: List of working zones on this server?  (Read 2257 times)
Tymberwulf

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2020, 09:38:38 pm »

Is there a list of every working, playable zone on this server? I've seen the post with the listing of all zones (with short names) in EQ, but Pocket Porter has a limited selection, so I can't tell if a:) they don't exist because that's not the scope of this server, or b.) I'm supposed to run there from another zone.

I Pocket Ported to Nektulos Forest with a new dark elf (loading in the middle of the river), but any time I tried to take one of the zone-ins (like the one from Lava), I got stuck endlessly loading and had to use Char Mover. Another toon, zoning from Paineel to Toxxulia crashed that particular client window to desktop (zone file not found message). Some Pocket Port destinations work properly, but the "other" name takes you to a broken, or unfinished, version. Using RoF client, and a million other things work beautifully, so can't be my client.

I'm still new, only been here a month, and haven't played since EQ "year one", so picture how much there is to learn since then. (I now have 4 accounts, and just started boxing up to 3 toons). I know this server is mainly for hurrying to 70, and I'm having a blast, but I'd like know if I can explore all, or which, zones, in the process.
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 05:58:14 am »

Zones are available, zone list is on the left column, just say the shortname to the teleporter

Some zones have 2 versions pre & post revamp - sro-southro oot-oceanoftears etc

Nek forest also has 2 versions but used the same ZoneID so only one is available, same for lavastorm and maybe others
The server probably uses the old versions while the client has revamped versions so not compatible
All Emu servers have the same issue, maybe they addressed them

If you have a titanium client, you might be able to go to them if you just want to look around, not tested so maybe wrong Smiley
But for the most it should work fine, although they may be empty as any zone not used on EZ will be just at default setting

Red

Tymberwulf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 07:39:25 am »

Great answers, just what I was looking for.  I'm bewildered at how I missed the left-column link, I found the forum posting from Tananthalas, but did not know about saying the short name to the porter. Big help.

Tried Blackfeather Roost (wanted to play the stepped-tasks there) but the two zones I tried were unpopulated. But they do exist, so maybe there are pre & post versions, will investigate.

"All Emu servers have the same issue". Also good to know. And about Titanium, which I deleted after getting RoF. Thanks for the reply!
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 12:07:56 pm »

Nps
I doubt Blackfeather Roost has 2 versions, i think its only some of the original base zones that got updated/revamped

When EZ came online back in 2010 it was probably based on the PEQ database and doubtful spawns/quests were created at that point for Serpent's Spine zones which is why it is unpopulated

Zones are available to roam around but NPC/quests may not exist as not part of EZ which is all custom and not EQ
You may find some NPC's to kill and some EQ quests do work or work to a point although I've never tried

EZ is a great little community and fully custom with a set path, if you want to play original EQ then you may need another server
But you will have fun if you stick with it here

Red
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 12:13:04 pm by RedDwarf » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats