Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:03:25 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Very new - rate my group please  (Read 2878 times)
grumplez

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2021, 11:42:00 am »

Hey everyone,

Totally new to ezserver but I am really enjoying the custom experience with some classic feel. I am totally set up with MQ2 and a full group. Getting use to playing multiple accounts. Anyway I want to make sure I don't hit a point where I am stuck end game.

Current classes -

War
Monk
Monk
Bard
Cleric
Druid

Should I have a paladin? Maybe swap out a Monk for a rogue?

Cheers thanks!
Grumplez the Cleric(?)
Ginge
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 12:28:35 pm »

Drop the cleric for a pally, drop druid for rogue, swap one monk for a zerker...

~You'll end up making a second group if you stay for a while anyway so you can always have a druid cleric etc in that group

That's what I'd do anyway  Smiley

Tankus
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 01:38:34 pm by Tankus » Logged
grumplez

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 02:52:39 pm »

Thank you very much!
Ginge
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 07:24:50 am »

Thank you very much!

I will say though, just play what you enjoy really, if you don't enjoy playing certain classes then don't  Grin

Tankus
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 03:48:03 am »

just play what you enjoy it does not really matter
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 11:57:54 am »

While it is true, that you can play through the majority of the content with your original group listing, and 'play what you enjoy' is a fun sentiment, there's a couple considerations. First off, while you may enjoy certain classes, because of the nature of boxing, you're likely going to end up playing a Warrior, and sending commands to your team through MQ2/EQBC, which pretty much negates the need to enjoy the individual classes you use to comprise your team. Secondly, EZ Server is a monster, unrelenting grind, even with the best of group compositions. While there are some who may not care as much as others about getting through the Tier progression as quickly as possible, I can assure you, that even with an ideal group, you'll be spending plenty of time in each of the tiers.

If I was starting from scratch and limiting myself to 6 man group, I would go with:

Warrior - it's just the most dominant tank on EZ Server, and it's not even close.
Paladin - early in the tiers they get automatic heals from melee'ing, and are the best healers by a lot.
Monk - through the early to mid tiers they are both good damage, especially with the strike augments, but they also tank very well through the early tiers, when they likely will rip agro from your tank.
Rogue - exceptional damage through all tiers, and hide/sneak becomes useful in end-game zones.
Bard - mid-range damage as you'd expect, but they have a low-recast group invuln buff, which can come in handy during progression in some rare occasions, but really shines in some late game areas, plus the normal Bard songs/buffs
Beserker/Rogue #2 - I don't like Beserkers, as in end-game play their AE damage is so high that agro of large pulls becomes an issue, but during progression/normal pulls they are very good.  I would supplement with a 2nd Rogue, as again, their damage is extremely high.

This group would be a bit of a pain in the very early pre-tiers, until the Paladin gets his proper Epic augment, and proc, but it would be effective all the way through the current end-zone, Sleepers Tomb.

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 10:56:30 pm »

I agree in large part with draca. His breakdown of the top classes is on point.
I would say however, to substitute a necro for the bard. Necros are cheap AOE dps.
Your first group will be the hardest to get up so you want utility and cheap whilst feeding your warrior.
By the time the bard is useful, you will  be able to back-flag one in a couple weeks.

Now for a personal rant about bards, feel free to skip:

To be useful in a group, Bard buff/utility songs need aggro greatly reduced. This should have been done long ago here on EZ to make them a viable toon. I don't know why this isn't the case here on EZ, having a bard is like having a boat anchor on your team most of the time. All they do is die. I have a sleeper flagged bard, and he was apart of my original group here on EZ. But you want one in sleeper, they are a checklist item but again that is so late game it's not even remotely worth it unless you like fighting one-handed while dragging a dead bard everywhere.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 10:58:12 pm by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 09:17:25 pm »

Wolf is correct on Bards, I am basing my decision on a very specific fight, in what is now the end zone of the game. There is little incentive to include a Bard, and a Rogue, Necro, Berserker, Monk or even a 2nd Warrior would all be legitimate replacements.

Ultimately, you'll end up like the rest of us, and be logging in 18 toons soon enough. Smiley

Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 09:35:35 am »

got all of the classes and u be sure whatever is need u got them ... start with an easy setup and when u carrie all up solo then do 3-4 new chars again and again until u got them all ;p

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 91