Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:48:09 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anyone else noticing. . . .  (Read 7822 times)
Ummn

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 12:33:10 pm »

Anyone else noticing the increase in people camping all LDoN bosses for more than a fair share of pages? I just made a new char and getting 2.0 took 5 runs level 1-6 over the course a a week b/c every time at least, AT LEAST, 1 boss had like 7 people sitting around and you ask. "how many you guys need?" and get a response  "uhhhh 5 more, so another hour and 15 minutes!."  I tend to just skip past and then usually run into another one of these group somewhere along the line.  When i was starting out with my duo i never camped 2 pages at a time i ran through 2 times! more tokens more chances for cards and more loots all around. 

Don't really have an idea on how to fix it! just wanting to vent b/c its frustrating and annoying and BLAH!!!!!

Thanks for reading and add to this if you notice the same or have a decent idea on how to fix it.
Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 12:40:39 pm »

I sit on the same side of the fence as with the FG/CG overcamping issue: Don't instance, spread out the camps.

A second set of public LDoN 1-6 (plenty of maps to use, assuming the database is populated) would account for the spike in population better than allowing every shmoe to have a private instance.

I haven't run through LDoN in the past week or so, but for the most part I only found the last 2 floors camped by non-page farmers.

I may've just been lucky, though.

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 12:54:34 pm »

Anyone else noticing the increase in people camping all LDoN bosses for more than a fair share of pages?

Not in LDoN but I saw it at Master of Weaponry. I was waiting on friends to help me get a book when 2 full groups and 3.0 War show up at the same time.

My buddy asks the other groups "How many books you after?"

Someone from the other party replies "Twelve"

Cheesy
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 01:15:37 pm »

As much as it sux, it is the persons right to camp it as many times as they need. It is the way of every mmorpg that I have ever seen.

Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 01:18:45 pm »

Yeah, MoW is definitely a bottleneck right now. Luckily we have Guild instancing, but in larger guilds it can still be a bit of a wait.

Same with Terrorantula/Quillmane, though not so bad.

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 05:36:48 pm »

I was sitting on MoW last night for 2-3 hours but I never had anyone come up and ask me how many I needed.  Most everyone I saw either came in and just sat there or came in and immediately created a guild instance.  I knocked out a bunch of 2.0's finally and even though it took me a while to get the hang of the fight, it finally paid off.

Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 05:42:50 pm »

As much as it sux, it is the persons right to camp it as many times as they need. It is the way of every mmorpg that I have ever seen.

Yeah he can, which was why I just came back the next day and got a book. I was just glad the guy responded and told me straight up how many he was after. Saved me a lot of wasted time checking back in.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 06:11:20 pm »

Yeah, not responding is just totally being a douche. As far as not being able to speak english as a defense, it should be a requirement to play on the server.

Temptrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 06:20:34 pm »

I had this issue in Plane of Time before they opened up instancing.  One person with their 6 other characters would camp it.  Took forever to get all the pages.

Xx**Official Creeper**xX
Temptrix- 70 Mage
Vanity- 70 Warrior
Erotika- 70 Enchanter
Dallas- 70 Paladin
Celestiss- 70 Ranger
Acaydia- 70 Druid
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 07:51:24 pm »

I sit on the same side of the fence as with the FG/CG overcamping issue: Don't instance, spread out the camps.

A second set of public LDoN 1-6 (plenty of maps to use, assuming the database is populated) would account for the spike in population better than allowing every shmoe to have a private instance.

I haven't run through LDoN in the past week or so, but for the most part I only found the last 2 floors camped by non-page farmers.

I may've just been lucky, though.

Why not instance? That would fix the problem better then making more camps. Making more camps = 2 camps people can complain about then just 1. Sure it could be more zones to explore (which is always fun) but isn't worth it over just instancing.
Balthor2
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 08:04:38 pm »

I wouldnt say its more then a fair share.
They got there, happened to have a few boxs and need pages.
Sucks really bad but just move on and come through later.

I am dreading my new characters 3 of them and its going to take 7 3.0's
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678