Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 09, 2024, 10:11:35 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hard Mode NPC  (Read 1805 times)
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2024, 09:47:21 pm »

There is a new NPC in Nexus named Gerald. Gerald doesn't say much, but if you tell him 'hard' or 'easy' he will flag you for 'hard mode' content that doesn't really  exist. However, if you want to give it a try, you can get flagged for hard mode (it flags by account) and head to Vex Thal (there's no loot or anything particularly special in VT at this point) and test that it's working. It will check for more than 50% of characters in a zone are flagged as hard mode, and will scale NPC's if so. If this is implemented, it would provide much more challenging content, in exchange for more rewards. Scaling is currently quite aggressive in hard mode, and this is absolutely, by no means a final product, nor indicative of what the final scaling will be.

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2024, 06:43:03 pm »

Awesome work!!!
Nyzin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2024, 12:30:06 am »

I tried the new zone said hard to Gerald on all 30 went to public pulled one thinking i was going to get hit very hard and it could not do melee damage to me same as mobs in t10 or lower i am immune to fromtal melee so i zoned my others out equipped guardian charm and did a Zone pull took about 10 mins for riposte to killl them all but never went below 99% health
They seem to be somewhere between T10 and VP on mob health but with hit me chance of T10 or lower which is no chance they punted me alot but once i was in the corner that did not matter either
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2024, 01:57:12 pm »

I tried the new zone said hard to Gerald on all 30 went to public pulled one thinking i was going to get hit very hard and it could not do melee damage to me same as mobs in t10 or lower i am immune to fromtal melee so i zoned my others out equipped guardian charm and did a Zone pull took about 10 mins for riposte to killl them all but never went below 99% health
They seem to be somewhere between T10 and VP on mob health but with hit me chance of T10 or lower which is no chance they punted me alot but once i was in the corner that did not matter either

I fail at my job. I'll make the adjustments needed.

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2024, 06:59:58 pm »

NPC's should now hit like trucks, and Guardian Charm should not work.

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2024, 09:37:00 am »

I am all for this! We need something to keep the hardcore players around and not make things too difficult for those that are just breaking in. GJ Draca!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6143
  • Latest: Toluene
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65077
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 76