Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:37:52 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Options - Filter  (Read 14052 times)
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 07:43:41 am »

But it sounds like you are either trying to justify cursing because there is a filter in game and/or say people should not be punished simply because there is a filter. No matter how you word it to make sense fact is, filter or no, the rules are there.

Incorrect sir.  I rarely, if ever, curse.  My point, that everyone is missing, is that if a game has a no cursing rule why even give the community the option of displaying curse words.

It's a system designed for people to fail.

Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 08:08:32 am »

If people are offended they need to chill, go join the military and see how hard it is for them to not cuss from time to time, or more often.

If you don't want to join the military then just spend some time grouping with Balthor.

All of the fun and none of the camel spiders.

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 12:54:14 pm »

Honestly, this is stupid to argue about.

It's one of those stupid rules that mom/dad feel better just saying/stating but don't really intend to police it. I mean cmon. If it really is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy then why aren't we all banned.

It's a loose rule that basically means don't be an idiot/obnoxious with language/chat.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 07:09:13 pm »

But it sounds like you are either trying to justify cursing because there is a filter in game and/or say people should not be punished simply because there is a filter. No matter how you word it to make sense fact is, filter or no, the rules are there.

Incorrect sir.  I rarely, if ever, curse.  My point, that everyone is missing, is that if a game has a no cursing rule why even give the community the option of displaying curse words.

I am trying to tell you what your post sounds like, if you don't want to listen to that, it's fine, but don't dismiss what I said and call me incorrect. Incidentally, now it sounds like you are trying to twist into a ethics discussion about games in general and how their systems are designed for people to fail. Just stop now, lol. It sounds like you are bs'ing your way through the conversation.

Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 08:29:30 pm »

I am trying to tell you what your post sounds like, if you don't want to listen to that, it's fine, but don't dismiss what I said and call me incorrect. Incidentally, now it sounds like you are trying to twist into a ethics discussion about games in general and how their systems are designed for people to fail. Just stop now, lol. It sounds like you are bs'ing your way through the conversation.

If I'm twisting this into games in general, then show me where I was specific about a certain game.

I'll be waiting  Roll Eyes

I don't know why so many of you get bent out of shape when someone wants to have a casual discussion about something.  I'm not contesting any rules;  I abide by all of them.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 12:36:21 am »

Use common sense and don't over-do it.

The occasional 4-letter-word isn't usually a problem (that I have seen) but a NOBODY wants to read your curse-ridden tirade (this isn't directed at anyone in particular.. Balthor... Smiley

Balthor2
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 12:39:58 am »

hahah I know I know.
There are times I go hard core on an issue and when I get tells saying to chill I generally turn off /ooc for a few hours.

Some of this thread is petty bickering which isnt the point of it.
brakkin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 12:52:31 am »

If I'm twisting this into games in general, then show me where I was specific about a certain game.

I'll be waiting  Roll Eyes

I don't know why so many of you get bent out of shape when someone wants to have a casual discussion about something.  I'm not contesting any rules;  I abide by all of them.

Lmao we arent getting 'bent out of shape' because you are casually discussing something. you decided to put on ur smart ass britches and bs around something you knew nothing about. However thanks for a little entertainment

Laaros-3.0 tacvi/T1 SK
Kendral-2.0 Mage
Brakkin-1.5 Cleric
Teir-1.5 Rogue
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis