Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:52:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Charm upgrades  (Read 11563 times)
Solbash

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2010, 09:04:32 am »

I'd like to propose an idea. As the past week i've been camping for charm upgrades, i've had alot of noobs/lower end players complain alot about camps being taken. Would it be possible to make it to where Cyan stones can upgrade below level 25 charms? It would clear ldon for the people that actually need it and give the higher end people something to do with the millions of plat that they have banked. Just my idea, comment please.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 11:29:24 am »

Support.
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 12:02:55 pm »

support

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
Bunk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 12:40:27 pm »

This topic has been brought up before, and passed over.  I do disagree, I think cyans should be left as they are, as its a big effort to make it to the 25 mark.  Now that said, and it has been said before, it would be nice to have a chance at upgrades in other zones, say like tunat in tacvi droping the quiver or arrow. 

One idea is having t1/t2/3/4 chest bosses and epic 4.0 boss having an upward scaling chance to drop an upgrade, on top of what their normal drops are.  Another take away the chance of ldon bosses to drop an upgrade, and increase the % to drop off trash, therefore the camps are left in most part to the people who need them for their 2.0 pages. 

Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 01:16:03 pm »

Another take away the chance of ldon bosses to drop an upgrade, and increase the % to drop off trash, therefore the camps are left in most part to the people who need them for their 2.0 pages. 

I think that is a really good solution.  That and maybe some rare chance that a PoD boss could drop a charm upgrade.

Keep cyans the way they are though.

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 03:25:42 pm »

What are they complaining about? For the most part if someone is camping for Charms they let nearly everything else rot and allow passing noobs to loot.

As I worked through LDON 6 I found the only thing to complain about was if the higher levels were there clearing the trash 1/4 of the zone at a time - I could easily be making my way to one of the bosses and find the entire room spawn on my head.

However, the only solution to this problem would be to remove the desire for high end players to be there at all.

I like the idea of increasing chances of charm drops on the bosses of each progressing zone and would go so far as to say make the drop off trash in LDON 6 low enough to be undesireble to farm for.

Balthor2
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 03:27:54 pm »

Use to get charm upgrades off MoW and TT on a semi regular basis. I once got one off Tunat.
Some time ago it was changed and they no longer drop charms. Wouldnt mind seeing it added back on cause it was a nice reason to go kill mow for others. A chance I could get a charm upgrade.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 03:37:51 pm »

Use to get charm upgrades off MoW and TT on a semi regular basis. I once got one off Tunat.
Some time ago it was changed and they no longer drop charms. Wouldnt mind seeing it added back on cause it was a nice reason to go kill mow for others. A chance I could get a charm upgrade.

I recall this was how it was before I took my long break. I thought it got changed because of the reduced spawn times on these mobs. I think Tunat's drop rate was eitiher extremly high or guranteed.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 04:05:20 pm »

I like the idea of increasing chances of charm drops on the bosses of each progressing zone and would go so far as to say make the drop off trash in LDON 6 low enough to be undesireble to farm for.

I understand your point about entire rooms spawning at once.  It's something I've not worried about for a while now but makes sense for newer players.

However, I'm not sure lowering the trash drop rate and increasing boss drops will make a difference.  You would still see warriors pulling ungodly large portions of the zone in an effort to get to the bosses quickly.  In fact, the trains might be larger because if the boss is your only shot at a charm you damn sure don't want to be leapfrogged.

Not to mention you would see even more fights over boss camps because I'd wager more people are in ldon for charms than pages (i could be wrong though).

I think we all know that something needs to be done with the ldon but I'm not really sure what that is.  My guess is that if a lower player gets tramped when a room repops it won't be as hard to get a rez and keep moving to the boss as it will be to sort out the problems that would come with trash drops being close to nil.

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
Balthor2
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 04:32:27 pm »

He was saying REDUCE the boss and INCREASE the trash.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 04:36:51 pm »

I didnt specify in my earlier post but if they were made to drop off each progressing zone (Qvic, Tacvi and the tiers) I would hope the bosses in LDON 6 would get a drop rate just as undesireable as the trash.

This way people who are able to pull large amounts of trash could find charm upgrades quicker by killing qvic bosses than they could in LDON at all. This would leave LDON to the newer players and provide another area where helping others could benefit higher players.

By the By: As much as a change like this would be convenient and nice, I dont think the problem is large enough to warrant the amount of work and time it would take to fix it. When you get down to it this doesnt hinder anyones progression.

Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 04:49:20 pm »

I see what you are saying.  I like the concept.  Would be nice to back gear boxes and farm for charms at the same time in PoD.

tacl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 05:12:47 pm »

ya i think toss them in the POD loot table would be awesome. i love the charms, i just hate sitting in ldon6 farming trash. it is not the farming trash is the problem it is i am normally a contest to see who can kill the most trash for the best chance of a charm.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 05:27:08 pm »

I hope you don't reduce the drops in LDON because it's the only way I can get charm upgrades at the moment..  and I mean they are ridiculously rare as it is.  I've spent more hours in ldon6 than I want to think about and gotten maybe 8 or 9 charm upgrades total, for 2 characters (and yes I'm doing bosses AND trash - just not 47 trash at a time...)

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 12:16:10 am »

Personally I dont think getting your charm lvl25 is all to important in progressing to Qvic. I think the majority of people end up going back to farm them up.

Like in all things you cant make everybody happy Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057