Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:30:10 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: guide to LDoN  (Read 15196 times)
Otaduke

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2010, 10:00:59 am »

Does anyone have a guide available. I am looking forward to progressing and am confused on how LDoN works on EZ. I found the Teleport NPC in the Nexus and teleported in. See the boss labled on the map and a few other locations marked. How do you progress through this. If I remember on Live server you were sent to random instances that you had to complete to advance forward but I'm old and that was years ago.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Mirielle
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 10:09:47 am »

Kill mobs along the way (along with the 2 bosses on each level (no bosses on level 1 though).
Mobs will randomly drop a Stone of Descent (lore, no drop).
Hand one in to the Gatekeeper at the end of the level to be sent to the next level.

Only 1 stone per group is needed (except to get to level 6 - each member of the group needs one).
Once on level 6, each person automatically gets a key on their cursor.
(Put this in your bags - does not get saved to your keychain).

Hand this key to the Gatekeeper in Nexus or FG/CG guilds to be sent straight to level 6 on subsequent visits.
(You get it back on your cursor once you zone into level 6)

Anything I've forgotten or unclear?
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 10:14:55 am »

These zones are custom so don't rely on the downloaded maps for boss locations.

First floor has no cards or pages, you just need to loot a stone of descent off of any random mob.  Hand that stone to the teleport mob (not the one at the start) and you will go to the 2nd floor.  This method of getting to the next floor is the same on every level and eventually you will get a key for ldon 6 which you can return to without running through the others.

Floors 2-6 each have 2 bosses that drop 2 epic 2.0 pages.  Floor 2 does have a 3rd boss that does not drop a page but does drop a 50 point ldon point token.

Armor cards drop on floors 2-5, forget what drops where but the coveted king's chest cards are on 5.

Charms have a chance at dropping on every level (aside from the 1st I think) but are very rare as you will soon learn.  Bosses have a higher chance of dropping charms.  The 6th floor has the best chance at charm drops but they are still rare.  The tokens can be handed in for points.  2000 points will buy you one charm upgrade of your choice.

Hope this helps.

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 10:21:18 am »

I dont have time to do an entire guide but I can give a brief explaination to get you through it your first time. Also, I feel your pain because the first time I zoned into LDON I had no idea what to do.

First I would suggest downloading the custom LDON maps that are somewhere in these forums. These maps are much like a guide through the instances as it will tell you where the bosses spawn and what 2.0 pages they drop.

In each level there is a Gatekeeper whom you hand one "Stone of Decent" to and he will teleport your entire group to the next level. Make sure you want to progress because LDON is a one way street. Once you go up you cant go back down without starting all over again. The stones are randomly dropped off any mob in the zone.

Level 1 - No bosses just fight through get your stone and go into level 2
Level 2 - 6 - Each level has 2 page bosses for your 2.0

Please note you get your uncompleted 2.0 book from a completely seperate zone (chambersb) which you can get to by hailing any epic vendor.

Each level (except levels 1 and 6) drop armor cards. Collect 4 of the same armor card and turn them into the card collector in Nexus for your LDON gear. Each level has specific armor cards that drop. For example I believe boots and gloves drop from level 2. I do not remember every levels gear drop off the top of my head perhaps someone else could fill this bit in.

I may be wrong here so someone correct me if im mistaken - but I believe the Kings Chest (your Breastplate or FG/CG cards) are the only cards that have a chance of dropping on levels 2-5 but are primarily dropped in level 5.

Another quirk is that the first time you progress from level 5 to level 6 everyone in your group must hand a stone of decent to the gatekeeper as he will only port you up individually but also give you a key so you can skip right to level six in the future.

Level six is the primary source for charm upgrades although they have a small chance of dropping on all the lower levels except 1. I will not explain charms as there are multiple threads with how they work.

There is also a point system in LDON which you can purchase armor cards or charm upgrades. 10 point coin drop randomly off all the trash mobs in LDON. Each boss will drop one 50 point coin and you can sell armor cards back to the NPC in the nexus for 1/10 the amount you can purchase them for.

That should be enough to stumble your way through the first time.

Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 10:22:02 am »

Awesome thank you for the responses helps alot.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 10:37:07 am »

Hand this key to the Gatekeeper in Nexus or FG/CG guilds to be sent straight to level 6 on subsequent visits.
(You get it back on your cursor once you zone into level 6)

You can actually right click the key for an effect that ports you to level 6.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Mirielle
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 10:46:23 am »

Thank you, I never knew that  Smiley
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 10:51:03 am »

Nor did I

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 11:39:39 am »

You can also hail the Gatekeeper in Nexus or guild halls and click the link to go to level 6.  I never knew you could click the key either...

Other items... bosses always drop pages (100% chance) - on double-drop days they drop 2.  Bosses are 15 mins respawn.   They also drop pretty good non-set items (earrings etc) the ones on level 6 drop weapons (that you probably won't use... except maybe the bow from Chaos).  The cards can drop on any level except 1, but certain ones are much more common on certain floors.  There's info on LDON in the newbie guide here on the forum.

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=87.0

Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 11:55:10 am »

If you struggle to kill things in or progress smoothly through Level 1, don't bother going into 2.

I know it is pretty basic advice but I learned the hard way.
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 03:14:19 pm »

Thanks for the feed back and yeah if I can't clear it or struggle solo with my 5 bots, I'll keep working on AA's or RoA a few times. I usually run with 2 friends and we do pretty well.

In game I am also playing
Frogzilla War 70
Embarkr Dru 70
Resmue Clr 70
Afterburn Wiz 70
Puffdragon Mag 70
Bodilly hunt 70
Tunein Bard 70
Otaduke shm 60

Doubt any of you need help in game, but if you do or need help from one of my toons let me know be glad to give back.
Rystan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 04:26:24 am »

Each level (except levels 1 and 6) drop armor cards. Collect 4 of the same armor card and turn them into the card collector in Nexus for your LDON gear. Each level has specific armor cards that drop. For example I believe boots and gloves drop from level 2. I do not remember every levels gear drop off the top of my head perhaps someone else could fill this bit in.

This seems to be the list:

lvl 2 = Boots and Gloves
lvl 3 = Bracer and Helm
lvl 4 = Legs and Arms
lvl 5 = Chest
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 01:11:32 pm »

That isn't right.  The correct list is

ldon2=feet/hands
ldon3=arms/head
ldon4=bracers/legs(bracers have an increased drop rate since you need two bracers)
ldon5=chest
ldon6=illusion

Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 01:50:36 pm »

That isn't right.  The correct list is

ldon2=feet/hands
ldon3=arms/head
ldon4=bracers/legs(bracers have an increased drop rate since you need two bracers)
ldon5=chest
ldon6=illusion

It should be noted you have a very small chance to get any of the armor cards on 2-5. I agree with this list for the most part. I think though crown (head) has a similar chance to drop on 2 and 3.

I feel like legs are kind of rare. This maybe be because as Walk2k pointed out bracer rate is higher. Just something to consider if you were thinking of staying in ldon4 to try for the set.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats