Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:14:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HP Regen/Heals Problem  (Read 8233 times)
theheadmata

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2010, 04:07:14 pm »

Forgive me if this has already been covered and I'm just not seeing it, but I've downloaded the custom spell file and replaced my existing one and I am still unable to heal/regen past 88% health on all of my characters. Is there something I'm missing?
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 04:52:12 pm »

Never heard of this before.
What client are you using?
Any special mods/ui's?
theheadmata

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 04:59:02 pm »

SoD, everything is default, no mods or ui's. Just started happening today, multiple accounts, multiple characters. A friend of mine is having the exact same issue (different percentages, mine stops at 88%, his in the high 70s) on multiple accounts/chars. Everything was fine yesterday, stopped playing in the early AM CST.
BlastBeats666

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 05:08:27 pm »

Just registered to add some color -

theheadmata and myself are friends that play together, and both of us originally bought (crazy eh ?) the SoD client from Steam in early June i believe, perhaps late May.  No problems at all until today.

I normally play 3 of my chars at a time, and today I logged 2 in, on separate physical machines, and was unable to regen past 80% on one and 75% on the other.  i zoned, died, rebooted, no change.  Was playing on these machines/chars yesterday.

SoD client, no custom UIs, nothing other than just customizing options in-game.

I've tried the following:
downloading the latest spell file from the left, place in directory overwriting the default, close/restart EQ
download the SoF spell client from 7/06/2010 that is available on this site (linked in a newbie guide of sorts)

revert to my backup copy of the original download from Steam, tested that spell file, SoF from 7/06/2010, latest spell file from last night....still no luck

Seems very odd that this is happening to both of us.  I've re-read all the updates from Hunter on server changes etc and none of it appears to be applicable to our scenario.

Balthor2
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 05:33:06 pm »

have you moved the Seeds client out of the steam folders and did you make sure to uncheck the "keep this shit updated" box?
BlastBeats666

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 05:48:23 pm »

I don't ever run the Steam app - and I don't let things auto update (I forget if that was an option in the Steam app ? I recall taking precautions) - for a sanity check that's also why I reverted to an old backup copy of that EQ directory as well.  My backup directory is not in the Steam dirs (yeah thats probably obvious but just trying to be detailed here)

On my main machine I do still run out of that steam folder out of laziness - but my 2nd machine does not.

If this is a symptom of a Steam update installing - then I can definitely investigate further on my setup, but since I tested on another directory as well...it seems unlikely.  Especially since I had this happening on two separate machines that had not ran Steam or anything since I played yesterday.  My second computer doesn't even have Steam installed.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 06:20:31 pm by BlastBeats666 » Logged
theheadmata

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 05:54:55 pm »

have you moved the Seeds client out of the steam folders and did you make sure to uncheck the "keep this shit updated" box?

Yes, my client resides outside of the steam folder and it is not updating.
Akrom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 06:46:54 pm »

This is also happening to me.  Everything was fine and then I logged off before the reboot today (7/25).  Once I logged back in, I couldn't regen health past 76% and mana past 78%.  I'm using the Steam version of the client as well.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 07:21:15 pm »

I had this issue all the time when I was playing on Clumsy's World.  Course that was on Titanium client and back in 2008/2009.  I'm sure a ton has changed since then.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 09:12:12 pm »

There is some hp/mana bug, introduced after the update today/yesterday.

On my group-member screen it shows 100% but on char's own screen it shows 87-92% (actually bounces between that and 100% with druid regen on...)

BlastBeats666

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 09:41:28 pm »

using another client, i log in and now my mage is missing about 2.5k hp when buffed up.......he can get past 80% hp and all...but....this definitely isn't cool.  He has all PoTime gear, 262 AA, and when buffed he is now missing 2.5k hp and 1.5k mana ?!?

Is this expected with Titanium ?

I'll also add this - i saw somebody in /ooc advertise Shaman 3.0 epic MGB in Nexus.  I came to Nexus just to see if that would stick - and it did.

Previously when using SoD, my mage had ~12.2k hp and ~11.3k mana, but everytime the shaman 3.0 epic hit me, it never really did anything.  i never got the '10k hp' , but it appears that now I do.

This is extremely confusing because if I had my druthers I would continue to just use my SoD client...I liked natively having better UI options, better item details, more hp/mana - but perhaps this was the intended way of the game ?  If so, I really wish something would have clearly detailed all of this.  I'm not so sure this char/game is going to be as much fun now...and it seems very odd that the client dictates so many options.  I haven't even tried to log on my Shaman or Cleric whom are similarly geared and have similar hp/mana....

Maybe this is all just part of a bug with the latest updates, but man it still just seems really, really weird.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 09:59:16 pm »

SoD will give you 1200-1500 more hpts, yes this is normal.

As for shaman buff, you have to click off Conviction for it to stick.  Considering that Conviction is what 2500hp buff, that means Shaman 3.0 will really "only" give you about 7500hp more than normal/buffbot buffs.

Besides that though, there's a new bug that doesn't give you full 100% hp/mana, and that just happened today/yesterday patch.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:01:16 pm by walk2k » Logged

BlastBeats666

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 10:04:41 pm »

Ok cool - good to know there is known arbitrage in hp/versions.

I've now had it just poof and crash a few times on me.  I'm using a totally different client so it may be due to that + Vista...but this all is just so weird.

guess i'll dust off the xbox or go to the bar haha

theheadmata

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 06:52:07 pm »

Huzzah, all my characters are fine now and my SoD client appears to be working normally.
BlastBeats666

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 09:40:20 pm »

Same - I'll take a ninja fix.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis