Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:19:43 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Quick question from a private server newb  (Read 6090 times)
Sethisto

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2010, 08:57:34 pm »

Me and some friends used to play eq1 way back in the day, hardcore raiding 7 days a week and stuff.

We want to revisit all the content, but don't have time for any of that raiding.  We pretty much just want to hit up all the old zones 3 man style and nostalgia bomb on the loot and bosses.  Get our tov keys and kill our old dragon buddies.

Any servers out there that would allow something like this?  I think this one looks like the closest thing we can find. 
Afini

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:12:02 pm »

This is possible on most servers as long as the zone isn't used for custom content.   You can even solo most things that were once difficult raids too, like ToV.  You wont find your example of ToV up too often on EZ though, it's cleared out a lot by others.

Synria Twinfang - Warrior
Saryia Twinfang - Paladin
Reya Dawnbringer - Cleric
Rozalin Twinfang - Ranger
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 07:17:42 am »

The Hidden Forest might be a good bet for you.. a lot of the zones are custom, but the exp isnt 50x speed and actually gives a lot of nostalgia, but with a little custom spin of course. I can't speak for end-game, though.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 07:41:40 am »

I have a group of 5 RL friends doing this on EZ server throughout the summer. We log in to EZ every other Thursday. All of us have family, jobs and a shortage of time but we like to revisit the old content.

It's not a 'god' server where you log in at lvl 1 with ultimate power, but with a little work (Revisit some low lvl zones) you can be pretty impressive and go solo or tri-team most any mob in the old world game.

If you are looking for a one-night-stand to run Norath with some friends, EZ server is not it. But a couple week's adventure it is.
bufferofnewbies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 08:02:53 am »

Try Irreverent. It used to be a solo server, but some recient changes made it a bit harder later on: but if you are always with friends in a group, it should make for a good setup.

The server is supposed to be setup so that an even con mob should be a 50/50 chance for you to kill. With 3+ folks (depending on if you box this could mean a 6 man party): this would allow you guys to 'raid' w/o having to have other folks along...

Alhbie Eurhuckelberry <Brans Flakes> -- Erudite Paladin
Branlenio <Brans Flakes>-- Gnome Mage
Sethisto

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 05:27:14 am »

I'm checking out that Irreverent then!  Pretty interesting logging in for the first time in forever :3

Does it matter what class I play? I wanted to make a bard just to feel the crazy runspeed.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439