Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 03:39:28 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Pet summon clicky items  (Read 12554 times)
bufferofnewbies

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2010, 08:20:06 am »

Anyone know of any Paladin useable pet summoning items on EZ server? just curious if it is even possible for Paladins to get one for rebuffing, I don't really care if its a non-combat pet.

Alhbie Eurhuckelberry <Brans Flakes> -- Erudite Paladin
Branlenio <Brans Flakes>-- Gnome Mage
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 02:54:50 pm »

Gnoll Slayer is PAL usable, but it only has 2 charges I guess.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:46:19 pm by walk2k » Logged

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 10:33:54 am »

hardly worth doing the quest for 2 charges... but interesting nonetheless. Does this pet buff you?
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 10:59:14 am »

yes. any pet you summon besides enc tank pet buffs you after hailing. even the cleric hammer.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 10:39:42 pm »

hardly worth doing the quest for 2 charges... but interesting nonetheless. Does this pet buff you?
Should be noted that you must have CG/FG in order to get buffed by a pet.
bufferofnewbies

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 05:55:08 am »

Any particular reason the CG guild pet isnt all/all useable?

Alhbie Eurhuckelberry <Brans Flakes> -- Erudite Paladin
Branlenio <Brans Flakes>-- Gnome Mage
Pazz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 06:24:51 am »

yes. any pet you summon besides enc tank pet buffs you after hailing. even the cleric hammer.

What about the Paladin AA Stalion?
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 07:09:54 am »

Heh, couldn't tell ya..if it acts as a pet, then probably Smiley
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 08:32:11 am »

nope, he's a mount, not a pet.

Caster Guild pet isn't All/All because it is only intended to be used by the pet classes.  Making it all would give an unfair boost to melee at that stage of the game.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 10:01:55 am »

Because the caster guild pet is a viable pet with tanking and dps ability .. up to about LDON and not much beyond if it all.
Balthor2
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 04:43:47 pm »

That is kind of funny since your new characters that are doing potimea / ldon would be using a 10-12.5khp warrior and a 9k mana cleric.
With epic 1.5's boxing warrior + cleric and grouped with friends we struggled through LDON.

That pet I always felt was meant for those that did the guildhall quest and for that stage of the game its a great addition and should be all/all.

/shrug opinion of one dorf
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 11:16:24 pm »

For Rangers/Druids

(druids dont much matter since they get caster guild pet)

Scimitar of the Mistwalker ( got one off vox tonight)

summons a wolf pet, proc in battle, light blue to me at 70, pet can buff you.

I still recoment the $10 pet, but if you are really cheap, you can get one of these for buffs. T1 trash would kill this thing in seconds with aoe's but up to qvic you could use it for buffs.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 11:41:45 am »

Mistwalker pet has like 20 hp unbuffed... any hit or riposte from just about anything over level 40 will kill it.  If you are CG flagged you can give it a Firesword for about 10k hps, and if you can buff it with cleric/etc, it can survive for a while.  It's not going to tank qvic or anything, but it won't die as soon as anything breathes on it.

I like it a lot on my CG+FG flagged ranger  Grin

FWIW the CG pet (ring) is the level 70 mage pet and has about 27k hp with Fireswords, it can tank ok at least thru Ldon... I even killed some qvic trash with it (but it dropped pretty hard when 2-3 mobs attacked..)

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 09:30:11 am »

Mistwalker pet has like 20 hp unbuffed... any hit or riposte from just about anything over level 40 will kill it.  If you are CG flagged you can give it a Firesword for about 10k hps, and if you can buff it with cleric/etc, it can survive for a while.  It's not going to tank qvic or anything, but it won't die as soon as anything breathes on it.

I like it a lot on my CG+FG flagged ranger  Grin

Good point... Using it for a buff in custom content assumes many things.

1. that you are a ranger, using ranged to attack. The pet would stay with you and not attack (hopefully) unless you've buffed it's hp as described.

2. that you can get the thing to spawn and stay alive to the end of a fight. It's a proc, so you must be using melee to get it. Might take a few tries.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 10:21:26 am »

I just picked one of these up for my ragner this weekend. I tested it out on a Frost Giant. In the time it took to kill him the pet spawned 4 times and died 3. It would stay alive for less than a second.

Using this on anything before T1 is going to be cake since you can trigger it off trash from behind the mob and it will be fine.

T1 it will die as soon as the mob AEs. You can probably set up a hotkey to ask for buffs as soon as it spawns and then go back to shooting. Its better than nothing. to bad my warrior cant use it :\

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 318