Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 05:54:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Punching through QVIC  (Read 13006 times)
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 03:21:54 pm »

Hmmmmm. I was under the impression trains were only 'trains' if you're killing people via carelessness or people are dying because of them. /shrug. Because what's harm in a train not killing anyone?
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 03:26:57 pm »

Its a Rule that you can not make trains larger than 10 mobs in custom Zones. The harm is in the new players to the server. I would hate for my first experience to be getting lvl 20 and going to mistmoore to find someone doing their ROA and training the entire zone a few times so you can sit there with no mobs to kill for 20 minutes.

There are plenty of other zones out there where you can train your nuts off and have no value to new players.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 03:39:52 pm »

As stated it is a rule in custom zones to not pull anything more than 10 mobs. That means if you have 11 mobs on you and you move back to your camp and someone fraps you, you can be banned.

As for the sk, sure, if you get your ring up so that you have 30k hp while entering not qvic then you may well be able to tank the bosses. But let me tell you what will happen practically. You will be tanking a boss who spawns adds. Because your tanking with an sk you have to maintain the hate with spell clicks. Meanwhile you are going to need your cleric healing every few seconds and your dps needs to be switched to adds otherwise they will overwhelm you. You will spend your entire fight tabing here and clicking there over and over again. The slightest little mishap and your done. Now you have to fight your way back to from the zone in.

You could eventually do it, but it will take you a hell of a long time. What a lot of people don't figure on is the frustration that comes along with this tact. Dying over and over and having to fight your way just to get back to where you were instead of fighting your way to get ahead will only result in using the /exit function out of frustration. I have seen this happen over and over again.

barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 08:00:52 pm »

I'm most certainly not pulling "everything in Mistmoore".  I'll have 10 mobs(IF that) and in 2 pulls I'll be around level 28-29, then i'll just do mob by mob till 30.  The reason I get to 30 in a few minutes is because all the shit in the castle is a lot higher level to a level 1 toon than the stuff at zone in and leading to castle. I'm not breaking any rules.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:16:28 pm by barrettd04 » Logged

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 08:20:29 pm »

As stated it is a rule in custom zones to not pull anything more than 10 mobs. That means if you have 11 mobs on you and you move back to your camp and someone fraps you, you can be banned.

As for the sk, sure, if you get your ring up so that you have 30k hp while entering not qvic then you may well be able to tank the bosses. But let me tell you what will happen practically. You will be tanking a boss who spawns adds. Because your tanking with an sk you have to maintain the hate with spell clicks. Meanwhile you are going to need your cleric healing every few seconds and your dps needs to be switched to adds otherwise they will overwhelm you. You will spend your entire fight tabing here and clicking there over and over again. The slightest little mishap and your done. Now you have to fight your way back to from the zone in.

You could eventually do it, but it will take you a hell of a long time. What a lot of people don't figure on is the frustration that comes along with this tact. Dying over and over and having to fight your way just to get back to where you were instead of fighting your way to get ahead will only result in using the /exit function out of frustration. I have seen this happen over and over again.

Yep, it only takes those adds mere seconds to drop non-tanks.

barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 08:34:57 pm »

What'd be a good strat?  Stick the warrior on the boss, when adds pop, just kill those then back to boss? 

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Afini

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 09:38:44 pm »

Hmmmmm. I was under the impression trains were only 'trains' if you're killing people via carelessness or people are dying because of them. /shrug. Because what's harm in a train not killing anyone?

The harm of trains on EQEmu is actually the fact that numbers over 10, especially in custom zones, starts creating a large possibility for zones crashes.  Especially if you use AOEs like Rampage.  I can almost guarantee you crash a custom zone if you kill around 15~20 mobs with Ramp.

Synria Twinfang - Warrior
Saryia Twinfang - Paladin
Reya Dawnbringer - Cleric
Rozalin Twinfang - Ranger
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 10:47:30 pm »

It was tough when I first started there with my mage cleric and warrior.  I died over and over getting it down man.

Poop
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 10:48:02 pm »

you can crash zones with 2 mobs also
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 07:31:43 am »

Thanks for the tips guys. But I think im still going to try my way with my SK-fronted team. Just because I roll that way. I refuse to make a warrior, as long as I can help it. Challenge be damned. If I have to crank out another 20 RoA, id rather do that than make a warrior. o.O
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 08:52:52 pm »

/agree

They tank pretty well t2 geared out, I can solo trash with no issue in there.
adding ROA will only make it that more workable post t2 to have a Sk fronted tank group

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 09:53:08 am »

That's a common interpretation, and misconception with the rule.  There is a difference between 'a train' and 'training someone.'

A Train:  A group of two or more mobs following a toon.  (on this server, trains of up to 10 mobs are permitted)

Training Someone:  Pulling a group of mobs over top of another player often (tho not necessarily) resulting in the death of the trained player.

So, you can pull up to 10 mobs at a time in a custom zone.  You can pull any number of mobs in a non custom zone.  It is never acceptable to train someone.

As to the harm, others have covered that.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2010, 10:31:25 am »

Word. Thanks for that clarification.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 08:20:22 am »

An update for all those interested:

Got 2x3.0 on my monk, 3.0 on my SK and am very close to a 3.0 on my cleric. A little bit more gearage and hopefully some ROA and Oracle 11 on my SK and I will be ready to rock.

My SK can solo ~8 LDON6 mobs at once @ 19k hp buffed. Admittedly relying completely on procs. But with just that fact, im tempted just to try qvic with SK/MNK/CLR as they are atm. Will report back.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 246