Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 03:43:15 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Boxing Tools  (Read 16407 times)
Reiker

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2010, 05:54:34 pm »

To anyone who boxes 6+ or even 3+ chars, are there any special tools you use to manage the chars? I've never used anything special, but I've read that with wineq you can bind windows to specific keystrokes. This sounds like it would really help me manage more chars, as I could just press a macro button on my keyboard to go directly to the window I want, instead of wasting time with alt+tab. Do you guys all use wineq or is there a better program that helps with box management?
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 06:48:26 pm »

wineq, isboxer, mq2, etc.

A keyboard with macro buttons.

There's a ton of options.

Reiker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 07:57:57 pm »

MQ2 for /stick is obviously essential (although I've heard of people boxing 2+ groups without it, masochists) but I've always preferred . I hadn't heard of ISBoxer before, looks great but unfortunately it's not free Sad might give it a shot in a month when my finances are a bit more stable.

Would just try out WinEQ to see how it feels, but my hard drive just went up so I'm on a computer that can't handle boxing for the moment.
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 08:29:59 pm »

Reiker: Stop being impatient.  I will answer your questions on AIM.  Christ.  Also, download Mumble.  It is our VoIP of choice.

War/War/Clr/Pal/Monk/Monk is about the perfect group.  If you don't want to deal with 5 melee chars switch out two monks for two rangers.  You can use my characters if need be while you gear up.
Reiker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 08:56:21 pm »

Bro, since when are you not EQing it in the middle of the day?

But yeah, like I said, gotta wait to call Western Digital tomorrow to get my shit RMAed.

I was thinking War/War/Clr/Clr/Rng/Rng. Why Pal over another War or Clr?

Nvm, I'll just IM you.
Pazz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 12:38:02 am »

Bro, since when are you not EQing it in the middle of the day?

But yeah, like I said, gotta wait to call Western Digital tomorrow to get my shit RMAed.

I was thinking War/War/Clr/Clr/Rng/Rng. Why Pal over another War or Clr?

Nvm, I'll just IM you.

No No! Don't just IM him, we wanna know to answer to that Pal question too please Smiley
Balthor2
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 05:17:15 am »

Paladin with decent oracle or even ultimate is fucking godly.
Kind of wish I was dedicated enough to charm up a paladin. I would replace a cleric with it in a heartbeat.

I highly recomend 2 monks and if you got YB to back you then you should be able to get the T4 "spell" for them which imo is fuggin sweet.
If you dont want to be tabbing around so much to control the monks then rangers are pretty damn good and if the monks lack the T4 then rangers are the place to be.
Pazz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 06:01:53 am »

Thank you for your answer Balthor.
Balthor2
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 06:29:15 am »

Ive always fought the "2war2clr2rng" setup and for the longest time I ran
War Clr Brd Rng Mnk Mnk
Now I run War Clr Clr Rng Rng Mnk when farming T2 trash/named or T3 trash
At times Ive put in a paladin instead of a cleric and I like it when I do.
Always makes my head spin when my warrior dies to a bad round and I snap agro to the paladin and it manages to survive with less then half the warriors HP.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 07:09:46 am »

Do you require a 6box to farm anything past t1?

I'd like to stick to my SK/CLR/MNK/RNG combo, if at all possible.
Balthor2
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 07:41:13 am »

nah you dont need to 6box to farm past t1.
It just goes faster.
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 07:45:58 am »

Do you require a 6box to farm anything past t1?

I'd like to stick to my SK/CLR/MNK/RNG combo, if at all possible.

Depends how many charms you are willing to grind and how many RoAs you have.  I mean if you want to talk about what's "required" you can look at Crab's post showing the pally/war T3 boss duo.  However, not everyone has put in the time he has and accordingly does not have that kind of gear.

I think you might have mentioned before that you don't want to make a warrior. Neither did I.  I started this server with a SK and had him full T2 before I even started boxing.  Then I got smart... I don't really play my SK anymore.

I try to keep it to 6 at a minimum and if you want to make your way into T3 you should do the same.  You should also make a warrior... you should actually make two... maybe even three.

Here is what I'm working with at the moment. WAR/WAR/WAR/RNG/CLR/CLR
Which will likely turn into, WAR/WAR/WAR/PAL/RNG/CLR after I do some back gearing and farm some more charms.

I even hope to replace the ranger with a monk because they are all the new rage if you are at the T3/T4 level.  I jumped on the ranger bandwagon before I knew any better.

So to answer your question.  No you won't 'need 6 but you will want them, especially if you insist on keeping the SK.

Drop the SK imo. If you must keep it then at least make a WAR and have the SK be a backup tank if your WAR goes down.  I would think about making a 2nd CLR for when you start boxing Kronos in T2.

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 10:01:48 am »

nah you dont need to 6box to farm past t1.
It just goes faster.
You absolutely need to at least 5 box to get passed t1 or it will take FOREVER.
Once you have accomplished it, yes, you can go back and 3 box, but there is no way you will progress without a solid group first.

Example...
Can I 3 box and get into t3?
Very unlikely.
The only 3 box combo that may kill Kronos is full t2 (no bp) cleric, pally, warrior.
You will have to have your warrior with a significant ROA and possible UC(UC not needed but having over 110k hp will help with the heals and dps)
You will have to have the pally with full t2 (no bp) and a high charm.
Cleric will need to have a high charm as well.
Even THEN, it will be a huge battle to kill kronos with 3 that haven't progressed passed him.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 10:11:45 am »

Guess I might as well ask advice on the set up I am currently going with to start farming the T1 and beyond.

War/Pal/Pal/Rng/Rng/Clr

The reason being is so the dual palidans can take care of group healing while my cleric can focus on healing the tank. The Goal is to have a group that I can eventually switch the Rngs for Mnks but to do so I need to feel comfortable with the healing in the group not taking to much attention.

What do you guys think?

yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 10:19:30 am »

You can't go wrong with any of the following combinations.

War/War/War/Clr/Clr/Clr(Pal): Will seem very weak until you start getting Anger augs.  You won't die, but you will kill very slowly.

War/War/Clr/Clr(Pal)/Rng/Mnk
War/War/Clr/Clr(Pal)/Mnkx2 or Rngx2: two rangers beat out two monks until you get your T4 monk spell.

War/War/Pal/Pal/Pal/Bard: Not as stable as if you had a cleric in place of one Paladin, but 5 melee benefitting from bard songs would rip through stuff in short order.

Are you beginning to sense a pattern here?

Sohami: You might have some difficulty with Kronos in T2 without a warrior.  It all depends on how willing you are to RoA up your SK and if you can split Kronos from his adds.  A high Oracle charm on the SK helps a lot too.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 318