Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 05:23:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Items needed for 4.0 epic  (Read 23117 times)
Grindle

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2010, 05:17:08 pm »

This being rants and flames i thought i would give my opinion (as a returning player) on the amount of time and effort (or plat) needed to get the 4.0 epic.

I found out today what it takes to spawn the 4.0 boss (not going to list items or amounts ..No spoilers here) and i have to say I think it is completely ridiculous. I cant say much else without giving stuff about the quest away but I for one will not ever be getting my 4.0 epic for my Mage and truthfully i don't think it could be good enough to make me put in that much effort.

I know this is hunters playground and we all just play here but a quest for a important item like a 4.0 epic shouldn't be almost impossible to do unless you have massive time to sink or a massive amount of plat to give to someone else to farm them for you. Please rethink this quest line, as it stands now 90% of the server wont ever be able to get their 4.0 and that is just sad for a epic quest.

Ok putting on +fire resist armor flame away in response

Grindle
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 05:43:48 pm »

This being rants and flames i thought i would give my opinion (as a returning player) on the amount of time and effort (or plat) needed to get the 4.0 epic.

I found out today what it takes to spawn the 4.0 boss (not going to list items or amounts ..No spoilers here) and i have to say I think it is completely ridiculous. I cant say much else without giving stuff about the quest away but I for one will not ever be getting my 4.0 epic for my Mage and truthfully i don't think it could be good enough to make me put in that much effort.

I know this is hunters playground and we all just play here but a quest for a important item like a 4.0 epic shouldn't be almost impossible to do unless you have massive time to sink or a massive amount of plat to give to someone else to farm them for you. Please rethink this quest line, as it stands now 90% of the server wont ever be able to get their 4.0 and that is just sad for a epic quest.

Grindle

One thing to remember is that a 4.0 completely trivializes all content in the game prior to t3/t4 and even t3/t4 is made vastly easier (see my post about duoing a t3 boss). The 4.0 is not designed to be for all players much like the ultimate charm. It's designed only for people that are fighting top end content, if everyone on the server had 4.0's or even a fraction of the players that have 3.0 the server would be broken, badly. That's the simple truth behind why no one wants to see 4.0's flood the game in general tier population.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 07:21:47 pm »

Grindle

One thing to remember is that a 4.0 completely trivializes all content in the game prior to t3/t4 and even t3/t4 is made vastly easier (see my post about duoing a t3 boss). The 4.0 is not designed to be for all players much like the ultimate charm. It's designed only for people that are fighting top end content, if everyone on the server had 4.0's or even a fraction of the players that have 3.0 the server would be broken, badly. That's the simple truth behind why no one wants to see 4.0's flood the game in general tier population.

I respectfully disagree, somewhat.
The 4.0 doesnt trivialize the game anymore than the 3.0 did to the ones under it.
I too believe its unfair to put content in the game that is absolutely unobtainable to most of the server. The UC is not like the 4.0 as you can obtain it with a single group if you wanted to put the effort forth.

I would like to see something like possible 3.5's that would make obtaining the 4.0's with a single group possible.

Your comments about the server being broken badly is no different than when before the 4.0's came out.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 07:24:06 pm »

For the record, i box 2 groups and we are just progressing through Plane of Air now.
Seeing 1 or 1000 4.0's in the game means nothing to me personally.
I would prefer seeing more players enjoying obtaining their 4.0's than currently allowed.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 07:41:29 pm »

For the record, i box 2 groups and we are just progressing through Plane of Air now.
I would prefer seeing more players enjoying obtaining their 4.0's than currently allowed.

For the record you are wrong on almost all counts between the two posts. How do you know what is possible unless you try - have you personally fought that fight?

How do you know what it does to content unless you have a group with them?

I've done all of these things, I speak from knowing what it does to content, and knowing what the fight has been like in every incarnation it has had so far which are many.

The 3.0 did not trivialize the content to the degree that a group of 4.0's does, it isn't even close. Furthermore there is no one not allowing people to get the 4.0, as far as I know, if you haven't tried spawning it, then you aren't being blocked by anyone else other than yourself - so what's your excuse?

Let me make this super clear: I'd rather there were no 4.0's in the game that's how badly I think they break the game. If I thought I could get them removed I would - some of them are truly that broken.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 07:47:21 pm by Crabthewall » Logged
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 07:49:38 pm »

For the record you are wrong on almost all counts between the two posts. How do you know what is possible unless you try - have you personally fought that fight?

I've done all of these things, I speak from knowing what it does to content, and knowing what the fight has been like in every incarnation it has had so far which are many.

The 3.0 did not trivialize the content to the degree that a group of 4.0's does, it isn't even close.

Im not debating what you have done or the fact that i haven't done the 4.0 fight is irrelevant to the post.

These are the comments stressed.
Did the 3.0 trivilize obtaining the epics underneath it. Yes.
Does the 4.0 require at least 3 groups for most of the server to obtain. Yes.
Is the 4.0 unobtainable to most of the server who do not have access to multiple groups. Yes.
Is this different the progression of the epics prior too? Yes.

No offence, but your knowledge of the 4.0 fight or how these items trivialize the game is not what is in question here.

So I am not sure where you believe I am wrong.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 07:52:23 pm »

Fact is this.
I dont see the relevance of keeping items unobtainable to most players is so important on a server like EZ.
Yes, there should be content to get to.
Yes, there should be a challenge.
But, there is a significant difference between "challenge" and "sorry, you need to make more toons".

Tuomo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 07:53:17 pm »

Ieawenpo, I'm not sure why you are disagreeing with something that is a fact.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 07:54:02 pm »

The 3.0 did not trivialize the content to the degree that a group of 4.0's does, it isn't even close.

Im not debating what you have done or the fact that i haven't done the 4.0 fight is irrelevant to the post.

These are the comments stressed.
Did the 3.0 trivilize obtaining the epics underneath it. Yes.
Does the 4.0 require at least 3 groups for most of the server to obtain. Yes.
Is the 4.0 unobtainable to most of the server who do not have access to multiple groups. Yes.
Is this different the progression of the epics prior too? Yes.

No offence, but your knowledge of the 4.0 fight or how these items trivialize the game is not what is in question here.

So I am not sure where you believe I am wrong.

Point by point:

Did the 3.0 trivialize t2 = No
Does the 4.0 trivialize all content on the server = yes including t3/t4 epic 4.

Does the 4.0 require at least 3 groups for most of the server to obtain. - No (as far as I know no one that has gotten one has required 3 groups to do so - while some may use 3 groups it simply isn't required)

Is the 4.0 unobtainable to most of the server who do not have access to multiple groups. Yes - unless you have help from others which is likely true for most progressing to 3.0 also

Is this different the progression of the epics prior too? Not much different - but substantially more powerful than any other epic in the past see the point that it trivializes ALL content of all tiers.

I'm afraid my knowledge of the fight is the crux here, you speak as if it can't be done outside of 3 groups, but again you haven't tried it have you, so how do you know that point - that's where I say your opinions aren't based upon fact. You can't make a statement like it requires 3 groups if you haven't tried it to see that.
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 07:59:01 pm »

As much as I'd hate to see HoHA clogged up, there are four or five guilds on this server that could do the 4.0 boss.  That only two have bothered to spawn it is immaterial.  Farm up four purples, be prepared to lose the first three.  By the fourth I am sure that FP and BoH will have downed The MCP.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 08:01:52 pm »

Fact is this.
I dont see the relevance of keeping items unobtainable to most players is so important on a server like EZ.
Yes, there should be content to get to.
Yes, there should be a challenge.
But, there is a significant difference between "challenge" and "sorry, you need to make more toons".

Did you believe all items in live should be obtainable by all? That's ridiculous btw, in eq there is always a group that sets the goals and achieves the loot far ahead of the rest of the server. That's what uber guilds were all about, did others eventually get the same loot - yes but often an expansion or two behind. To expect the entire server to have the top tier of gear available is pure sillyness.
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 08:11:11 pm »

Except for SoD crab. That expansion was so easy that tons of guilds beat that expansion before uf came out. Didn't have to be such an uber guild to beat that.
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 08:19:48 pm »

New forum rule.  Don't post in this thread unless you've spawned The MCP. I will go one further.  I will be on Jujitsu this evening.  Any officer from RoL, BoH or FP can contact me.  I will spawn one MCP so yall can see the fight.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 08:48:26 pm »

New forum rule.  Don't post in this thread unless you've spawned The MCP. I will go one further.  I will be on Jujitsu this evening.  Any officer from RoL, BoH or FP can contact me.  I will spawn one MCP so yall can see the fight.

You are way nicer than me to give up a stone for people that can't be bothered to do it for themselves and then want to tell everyone how hard the fight they never bothered to try is... Yes I'm crabby  Grin
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 08:55:52 pm »

I would like to take you up on that offer sometime Yellowbird, if anything, just to watch it go down.

Although I have not spawned MCP I do think I can offer some input as I have been in the top guild on this server at one point. The same thing has been said about every new expansion of content. When I first started this server everyone said that it was impossible to get your 3.0 unless you were in OOS. Then it was impossible for the longest time for anyone to get into t1 gear. Granted part of that was the design of the zone, I saw plenty come up there to try, and get utterly destroyed. Fact is people are moving through PoA tons faster than anyone ever moved through Anguish. How long was Anguish and PoD been out? A year from now the same things will be said about 5.0's.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 310