Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 08:42:24 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Items needed for 4.0 epic  (Read 20485 times)
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 01:15:13 am »

New forum rule.  Don't post in this thread unless you've spawned The MCP.
LoL

Not missing the point here? The post was about the massive jump between 3.0 and 4.0 not who has spawned it. I personally gave up because I can box one grp but dont have the ability to play 3 groups nor the computer equipment. What you are saying is this event should only be open to people with 20+ chars or a large guild event, on a server with not to many large guilds.

p.s telling folk you cant post in rants on a public forum, your a penis no?... go on, sure you are!
Balthor2
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 02:27:54 am »

Well whos spawning it = Crab and FoH.
Whos talking shit about it? Almost every one else.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 04:51:55 am »

New forum rule.  Don't post in this thread unless you've spawned The MCP.
LoL

Not missing the point here? The post was about the massive jump between 3.0 and 4.0 not who has spawned it. I personally gave up because I can box one grp but dont have the ability to play 3 groups nor the computer equipment. What you are saying is this event should only be open to people with 20+ chars or a large guild event, on a server with not to many large guilds.

p.s telling folk you cant post in rants on a public forum, your a penis no?... go on, sure you are!

See this is the part that gets me, what massive jump - if you haven't tried it how do you know there is a massive jump? How do you know 1 group isn't enough. The first time I killed this mob I did it with 13 toons, could i Have done it with less - easily. How few can you kill this mob with, I'd rather not say, let people learn it on their own. I however did spend months and months gearing my toons to where the main tank was full t4 and almost every other toon was close also - if you don't want to put in that kind of time, that's on you, but the top gear on the server doesn't come without effort.

But anyone that complains about the jump without trying the mob or the requirements without trying it, doesn't know what they are talking about. They aren't expressing a valid opinion because you have to at least try the fight for it to be valid - they are just repeating an assumption they have which isn't really based upon fact. What you are saying is wrong - that isn't an opinion it's the truth. There isn't the level jump you are describing if you spend the time gearing your toons and testing the fight till you understand it.
Grindle

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 08:40:46 am »

This being rants and flames i thought i would give my opinion (as a returning player) on the amount of time and effort (or plat) needed to get the 4.0 epic.

I found out today what it takes to spawn the 4.0 boss (not going to list items or amounts ..No spoilers here) and i have to say I think it is completely ridiculous. I cant say much else without giving stuff about the quest away but I for one will not ever be getting my 4.0 epic for my Mage and truthfully i don't think it could be good enough to make me put in that much effort.

I know this is hunters playground and we all just play here but a quest for a important item like a 4.0 epic shouldn't be almost impossible to do unless you have massive time to sink or a massive amount of plat to give to someone else to farm them for you. Please rethink this quest line, as it stands now 90% of the server wont ever be able to get their 4.0 and that is just sad for a epic quest.

Ok putting on +fire resist armor flame away in response

Grindle
I just wanted to say i never said the fight was hard or anything of the sort the part i was talking about was the large amount of farming that is required to do the quest i dont have the time or truly the inclination to do  that much farming and i do realise that is entrirely my choice. I work hard all week at more than one job and i personally dont want to come into the game i use as a relaxation and have to farm for days and days for one encounter.

I just wanted to say i know nothing of the encounter at all i have never seen it and know nothing of the mobs or tactics involved and everyone  flaming this quest because of the final encounter really shouldnt be saying anything unless you have fought the final boss and can speak from experience.

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 08:56:15 am »

See this is the part that gets me, what massive jump - if you haven't tried it how do you know there is a massive jump?

Sorry if this is taken out of context but, Crab, I could have sworn that you said it was a massive jump, yourself.

PS, do you have to smoke cigarettes yourself, to say they're bad for you? No. But The logic you're touting suggests as much.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 09:13:17 am »

See this is the part that gets me, what massive jump - if you haven't tried it how do you know there is a massive jump?

Sorry if this is taken out of context but, Crab, I could have sworn that you said it was a massive jump, yourself.

PS, do you have to smoke cigarettes yourself, to say they're bad for you? No. But The logic you're touting suggests as much.

Not quite, difference is scientific studies on cigs show that information. The only people to kill the 4.0 are not making the claims that people are wildly throwing around. They are throwing around information that has no basis on anyone attempting let alone killing - see the difference? Science (aka people that have spawned/tried/killed versus magic (people that haven't even spawned making contentions about what it will take to kill it)
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 09:17:55 am »

You guys are focusing more on the fact that we have yet to spawn the 4.0 so we cannot comment on it.
Excuse me but you should probably leave your e-egos at the door.

We are not idiots, we know that it is unnaccessable to most of the player base because we see what goes on.
We see the first forum posts that the 4.0 was completed by 3 groups.
We see the effects of the 4.0 by watching a group of 5 players clear HoH trash on a daily basis like it was crushbone.

We dont need to have a full group of 4.0's to know that it trivializes the rest of the content because you guys said it yourself.

The POINT of this thread was not who killed the mob, who spawned it or who has a bigger cock.
The point is SOME of us do not believe we should have content in the game that is unnacceable to all within reason.
And the 4.0 IS that.
Regardless of the fact that I have yet to spawn the stupid mob or even fought the fight is irrelevant. If it took the 3 top groups on the server to obtain it and it still takes 2 VERY well outfitted groups with 4.0's to do it with difficulty, then that pretty much tells it all.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 09:20:32 am »

You guys are focusing more on the fact that we have yet to spawn the 4.0 so we cannot comment on it.

We are not idiots, we know that it is unnaccessable to most of the player base because we see what goes on.
We see the effects of the 4.0 by watching a group of 5 players clear HoH trash on a daily basis like it was crushbone.

We dont need to have a full group of 4.0's to know that it trivializes the rest of the content because you guys said it yourself.

The POINT of this thread was not who killed the mob, who spawned it or who has a bigger cock.
The point is SOME of us do not believe we should have content in the game that is unnacceable to all within reason.
And the 4.0 IS that.
Regardless of the fact that I have yet to spawn the stupid mob or even fought the fight is irrelevant. If it took the 3 top groups on the server to obtain it and it still takes 2 VERY well outfitted groups with 4.0's to do it with difficulty, then that pretty much tells it all.

This first kill was me - by myself, and it was done with 13 (1 player over 2 groups) could I have done it with less - yes much less... So I do know what it took to kill it the first time, it's not the fight you make it out to be.

And your later item regarding 2 groups is again not based in fact, some people may use 2 groups with 4.0's but to assume that's what is needed is foolish. It can be done with far far less - again if you try, you'll know this.

And again this is eq - the top level content is always inaccessible to the entire server for a while - generally until new content opens up. That's how eq works and has always worked, if everyone only fought top level content what would be the point? What would the whole server do then. Anyone that wants to work towards it, can get there and much quicker then you think...
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 09:47:11 am »

Im done, Crab won.
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 09:48:06 am »

And the 4.0 IS that.

This first kill was me - by myself, and it was done with 13 (1 player over 2 groups) could I have done it with less - yes much less... So I do know what it took to kill it the first time, it's not the fight you make it out to be.

And your later item regarding 2 groups is again not based in fact, some people may use 2 groups with 4.0's but to assume that's what is needed is foolish. It can be done with far far less - again if you try, you'll know this.

And again this is eq - the top level content is always inaccessible to the entire server for a while - generally until new content opens up. That's how eq works and has always worked, if everyone only fought top level content what would be the point? What would the whole server do then. Anyone that wants to work towards it, can get there and much quicker then you think...

Out of curiosity, how much less do you think you could have done it with? Currently I can box up to 12, and I'm slowly gearing my characters higher up there and am wondering how many you think would be the bare minimum with reasonable gear spread among all the characters. Just to know if I could cut a few members for the time being a focus on a different set amount, say 10 or so.

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 09:48:30 am »

Thats me on the left btw.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 09:49:40 am »

Crab walks into Plane of Air and Hails the epic 4.0 mob and he shits out a loot.
Thats how easy it is.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 09:53:02 am »

And the 4.0 IS that.

Out of curiosity, how much less do you think you could have done it with? Currently I can box up to 12, and I'm slowly gearing my characters higher up there and am wondering how many you think would be the bare minimum with reasonable gear spread among all the characters. Just to know if I could cut a few members for the time being a focus on a different set amount, say 10 or so.

I'd rather not say how few it can be done with Smiley It's a spoiler and it's better to let people learn it on their own. I don't think you'll have any trouble if you gear your crew up.

Remember the first kills of Epic 3 weren't done with small groups either Smiley It's just the way it works - it gets easier as gear trickles down. This is how eq and ez has always worked. In fact I'd say it's gotten easier to get 4.0 then it used to be to get earlier epic's at the beginning and it will continue to get much much easier as people gear up.
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 10:01:44 am »

I'd rather not say how few it can be done with Smiley It's a spoiler and it's better to let people learn it on their own. I don't think you'll have any trouble if you gear your crew up.

Remember the first kills of Epic 3 weren't done with small groups either Smiley It's just the way it works - it gets easier as gear trickles down. This is how eq and ez has always worked. In fact I'd say it's gotten easier to get 4.0 then it used to be to get earlier epic's at the beginning and it will continue to get much much easier as people gear up.

Fair enough, I'm sure I'll end up giving it multiple tries when I feel fit, as I did with the 3.0's... Although it's not as easy as pulling a placeholder Cheesy

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 09:18:44 am »

As likely as I am to have rocks thrown at my head for saying it I kind of agree with Crab.

This is an EQ Emu and one of the nostalgia aspects of the game was long grinds to get things other people didn't have. When I played on live I was in the top end of the server. My guild was the 2nd to kill AoW, Emp Ssra, Rathe Council, and Quarm and on the server. We put in a lot of hard work/time to get those kills when we did. It would have been disappointing to have them be trivalized so soon afterwards.

On and off through several MMOs I have been a hardcore player and sometimes not. In either case I do like getting good gear but I can still appreciate people who spend more time on the game getting better stuff. Even though sometimes I will bitch about the level of work to get it.

I remember when 3.0s where kind of rare. Now I see people bitching that they don't have them after playing for like a week. I also see people training the LDoNs with their 3.0s with no respect for other players. I suspect part of the cause of this is people not having had to put in much work to get to that point and in a sense being spoiled.

I really would not want to see 4.0s so rampantly widespread as a I see 3.0s now.  I do bet though when more content gets added they will in effect be more accessible because of more powerful players assisting others.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats