Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:16:38 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: How do you use Wineq2?  (Read 15716 times)
sohami

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2010, 05:26:40 pm »

I installed WinEQ2..and I guess i'm confused in the usage. Is it passive... or do I have to launch it or what? I tried launching the exe and it said failed to connect to the patcher?

Just need a little direction here, definitely retarded trying to get this to work.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:42:02 pm »

update: im guessing its something that just runs in the bottom right bar.. which it is. but im not seeing anything different and still getting reset device crashes when I try to go into FS..

edit: i notice everywhere on the site the current version is 2.04. however when i DL and install from the site it always says 2.0. Its running on the task bar BUTTT when i go into option -> preferences EQ tab doesnt even come up.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:55:52 pm by sohami » Logged
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 07:09:32 am »

I was using winEQ but I just switched to ISboxer made by the same company.  I like IS boxer 1000 times better.  Might be worth checking out before you get all invested in Wineq.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 07:10:55 am »

Ha, I was thinking of just installing it, because I can't figure out how to use Wineq2.  Angry
Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 10:59:13 am »

Hi,

I think you have to register an account or something for winEQ2. I have an older installation that I will not upgrade so I can't really help you there.
It does run in the task bar. You want to set up profiles for EQ then launch them from the WinEQ2 right click menu.

I run 6 instances of EQ with this method and have no issues. If you can get it registered or whatever I suggest you give it a chance. I help you further if you like.

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 11:33:24 am »

Yup I registered and everything. (Otherwise it doesn't let you DL it)

You want to set up profiles for EQ then launch them from the WinEQ2 right click menu.

I think this is my next step, and what im failing to do. How do you set up profiles for eq in wineq2?
Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 12:13:29 pm »

Right click -> Options -> Preferences: +EverQuest -> +Proflies -> Select a profile, enter a name for it, point the path to your EQ exe, turn patch off. Bob's your uncle.

I set a key close to my movement key to allow me to switch quickly between windows. In the space of about 3 seconds I can have all 6 of my characters attacking or what not. It's been fairly effective so far but I'm about level 55 on EZ server so far.

Well it figures, I said I never had problems with WinEQ2 and now the site seems to be down... bummer.

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 12:25:29 pm »

Right click -> Options -> Preferences: +EverQuest -> +Proflies -> Select a profile, enter a name for it, point the path to your EQ exe, turn patch off. Bob's your uncle.

I set a key close to my movement key to allow me to switch quickly between windows. In the space of about 3 seconds I can have all 6 of my characters attacking or what not. It's been fairly effective so far but I'm about level 55 on EZ server so far.

Well it figures, I said I never had problems with WinEQ2 and now the site seems to be down... bummer.

My only issue with wineq is it requires their servers to be online to work.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 12:26:54 pm »

That's where i'll stop you. When i go into preferences Everquest doesnt even show up. Nothing is expandable at that point. Maybe its because im version 2.00..??  Huh
Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 12:45:35 pm »

Yes, the server having to be online does suck. This is the first time I can recall that it has gone down though. I did some searching and it seems the guy that runs WinEQ2 knows about the problem and is working on it.

As I said I have an older version which I refuse to update that doesnt have that issue. I tried the updated version a week or so ago and it did the same thing you are describing. I do think its connected to some account on their servers even though its free.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:04:28 pm by Nova5555 » Logged

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 02:18:51 pm »

The first time you run WinEQ2 you need to right click on the icon and select Run as Admin to allow it to patch.  After that you run normally and follow the above procedure.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 02:25:01 pm »

Oh god. I should have thought of that. Going to try it when I get home.

Why the hell does Windows 7 hate me so?
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 03:27:30 pm »

Oh god. I should have thought of that. Going to try it when I get home.

Why the hell does Windows 7 hate me so?

It doesnt hate you - its just so misunderstood.

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 10:08:07 pm »

Sweeet. finally got it running. even the trial version is pretty slick
Leick.Exhumed

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 10:30:30 pm »

I dont think i even use wineq.. and i can run 3 boxes on my laptop, prolly more if i had some patience.

I downloaded wineq a long time ago but i couldnt figure out how to use it. i dont even think its still on my comp.

Anyone run boxes on thier comp w/o wineq?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 304