Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 08:43:31 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Qustion  (Read 6804 times)
Aamindor

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:34:36 pm »

Me and a friend are camping the tower boss in qvic. we have a group of 6 2 mains and 4 alts. We only want 3 tokens, 1 for each main and 1 for cleric. My main, the warrior, only has 20k hps; so i hold the camp for the 3 spawns because it is not easy for me to clear up. some guy in shout says i am holding it for 17 rounds and my 17 alts. I know i am not so i dont care what he thinks, but can i get banned for holding up progression and camping it for my 3 chars ?. He said in shout that some guy was banned for that.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:38:05 pm by Aamindor » Logged
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:43:12 pm »

from what i understand no, isn't this the reason for instance version of zones?  Honestly I'd say you're ok.  Even more so now that you posted the ordeal.

Zero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:44:03 pm »

Fuck that guy. This is (How you are doing it.) How it was meant to be done.
Aamindor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:03:35 pm »

Thanks. I can understand if i was holding the camp all day or something. When i get higher end will be making more plat and beable to make 100k instances.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 11:04:50 pm »

Technically you can hold a camp all day.

Qvic is only 10k.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 11:47:22 pm »

I believe as long as you are camping them for the tokens and not just destroying them to be a dick - you are in the clear.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 11:48:55 pm »

I believe as long as you are camping them for the tokens and not just destroying them to be a dick - you are in the clear.

this
Everwes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 11:51:01 pm »

It would certainly seem more considerate to me to make an instance for 10k, since Qvic drops massive gems, than to hold up anyone else from getting their tokens.  Just my humble opinion.
Balthor2
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 11:54:17 pm »

Man you are good to go. You are not holding it for an excessive amount of time and are actually doing the content at the level it was meant to be done.
Hell if I ran across you in there and you said you only had 20khp I would probably park my cleric there with you while you camped it and tell you jokes and shoot the shit.
Its not often you see true low lvl / low geared characters around anymore.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 12:23:11 am »

Man you are good to go. You are not holding it for an excessive amount of time and are actually doing the content at the level it was meant to be done.
Hell if I ran across you in there and you said you only had 20khp I would probably park my cleric there with you while you camped it and tell you jokes and shoot the shit.
Its not often you see true low lvl / low geared characters around anymore.
respect.
This.
bufferofnewbies

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 05:56:06 am »

Mom, Balthor is making fun of my 28k hps again!

Alhbie Eurhuckelberry <Brans Flakes> -- Erudite Paladin
Branlenio <Brans Flakes>-- Gnome Mage
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 10:14:20 am »

It would certainly seem more considerate to me to make an instance for 10k, since Qvic drops massive gems, than to hold up anyone else from getting their tokens.  Just my humble opinion.

This is true. However, in the same breath the instances were designed for the people who would like to pay a little cash to avoid this exact thing.

There is nothing wrong with camping a boss to progress your group.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 03:12:53 pm »

I tank qvic with a ranger with 22k.

Well ok, not the bosses...  Cool

Rules are "you can hold a camp if you are not AFK".  That's about the only rule - if you go AFK and someone wants to kill the boss they are supposed to give you about 5 minutes (after the boss is spawned and sitting there) to come back, after that it's fair game.

HOWEVER rules also say play nice and don't grief.  Holding a camp 24/7 and/or destroying the loot will end up with shit getting nerfed - this is what happened with LDON.   Not to mention the hit to your reputation ,which is the only real currency you have in online games...

READ THE RULES HERE! - http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=8.0

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057