Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 11:20:55 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: best epic weapon combo for DW pet ?  (Read 5358 times)
Zeval31

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2010, 03:11:51 am »

Hi there,

I have been toying around with a necro and enchanter and was wondering what you guys consider to be the best dual wield epic weaps combo for a pet ?

I thought Singing short sword / ragebringer to get bard haste (when it procs) and item haste on the pet but that didnt seem to make any difference.
Would love to give two SK's as well for the life tap, but they are 2h... I've read somewhere here that people where able to make them 1h for pets but I can't find it back.

So far by best bet was earthcaller /ragebringer, because the slow proc is always handy.

Also my recollection from live is that the pet only took into account the delay of the weapon, but not the damage. A DW daggers  ench pet was my favorite on my main Enchanter back then, was hitting very very fast with haste.

what do you guys think ?

EDIT :
PS : I'm talking about 1.0 epics for the pet, and I'm playing in the classic areas (up to velious). have no plan nor time to go to the customs stuff like LDON and such at this stage.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:18:31 am by Zeval31 » Logged
Thalia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 04:09:03 am »

Would love to give two SK's as well for the life tap, but they are 2h... I've read somewhere here that people where able to make them 1h for pets but I can't find it back.

All you have to do is hand the sk or pally 1.0 to the epic vendor to get it to be a 1hs weapon instead of the 2hs
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:13:13 am »

I would recommend trying SK for lifetap for your pet, and pally 1h for group heal.

However, that is probably the best survivability, for dmg I would stick to ragebringer/ singing SS.
Zeval31

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 02:49:33 am »

I toyed a bit yesterday withe the enchanter pet, and it can't dual wield both paly and Sk epics in their 1h forms, whatever the order you hand them over.

I guess it makes sense since they are both labeled primary only.

So maybe paly epic in right hand and ragebringer/singing short sword in off hand is the solution
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 11:29:29 am »

SK/Ragebringer (Rog) is what most people use.  You don't need to change the SK into 1H the pet will use it just like it is (yes duel-wielding with a 2H weapon).  You have to keep a large stock of them though since they poof when you zone.  That's why most people just use the Fireswords when they complete CG.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 383