Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 08:53:09 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: guild instance poofed  (Read 9294 times)
Boraxo

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2010, 07:14:25 am »

I created an lguk guild instance last night at around 8:00 pm EST and it was gone this morning.  I know we've had guild instances last overnight before; I'm also pretty sure than no one was logged into it during the server reset (I had camped out in Nexus). 

Do you need to leave someone there to keep it going, or is this just a bug? 

In any case, I'd like to know what I have to do to get the remaining time back. 

Thanks.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 07:16:49 am »

Must have had to do with the server reset.. guild instances are supposed to last 24 hours.
Balthor2
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:03:20 pm »

All my instances poofed at server reset today
Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 03:38:18 pm »

Ok. I also heard a couple people in game saying the same thing, so it looks like it was server reset.

Question: what's the procedure? pm hunter?  e-mail hunter?  100K was almost half my life's savings; not trivial to me.

Thanks.
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 03:55:40 pm »

I feel for you but I would chalk this one up to bad luck.  Judging by the policy on items lost in the aug pool I am guessing there won't be refunds.

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
Zirish

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 05:54:56 pm »

Well I just created a guild instance in Qvic, cleared it one time, gated to get buffed again, when I came back it said create guild instance and my guild members was still in the guild instance.  Leather legs dropped to and that's the last piece I needed.  I have leather tacvi and t1 just needed qvic and now that they drop this happens...

I camped out and even left the guild and came back still didnt fix it...anyone else ever had this problem?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 05:56:28 pm by Zirish » Logged
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 07:20:57 am »

I feel for you but I would chalk this one up to bad luck.  Judging by the policy on items lost in the aug pool I am guessing there won't be refunds.

Money lost in poor/failing instance coding != losing aug in aug pool
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 08:52:05 am »

Money lost in poor/failing instance coding != losing aug in aug pool

?

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 08:54:31 am »

meaning they're not equal.

losing 100k to a guild instance is a lot worse imo (with doing nothing wrong) than losing an aug in an aug pool due to carelessness.
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 08:57:51 am »

meaning they're not equal.

losing 100k to a guild instance is a lot worse imo (with doing nothing wrong) than losing an aug in an aug pool due to carelessness.

Or losing a 4.0 epic that you are auging when the zone/server crashes.  Still not equal?

The point is if you were in Hunter's shoes and had a replacement policy for plat or items just imagine how many emails you would have to deal with when a zone or server crash happens.

Check all the log files to make sure that no one is lying.  Then give refunds.  It's a ton of work.  Yea it sucks but the chance of losing pp if an instance fails is not nearly as bad as not having the waypoints at all.

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 10:08:11 am »

I garauntee he would replace a 4.0 epic lost in aug pool.

But otherwise, I guess i stand corrected. Both suck. If its of enough value though, IDK. hard to say. at the end of the day, hunter should hire more GM's to do shit like this.

could definitely see people leaving due to losing a 4.0 or what-have you.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 10:12:49 am »

From the discussion in the thread where hunter introduced instances for Nexus/CG/FG - I would disagree.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 10:17:18 am »

Epic Vendor records into a log of items you handed it and what items it gave back to you. That could be tracked but depends on my mood if I get spammed with claims. Probably the only thing I would reimburse.

The Incomplete Epic Books get logged when you give to the NPC, but not the items inside it, so thats why there is no refund on Epic Pages that were still in the incompleted book. A pop up window and client msg warns users of this if they have such book in their inv when they hail the Epic Vendor.

Token to hand in to the Waypoint is a good idea, probably better than the credit system at this point. But that would not stop instances from closing. If your Guild Instance is closed, then there is a chance that a guild member closed it. They are created and logged with a qglobal that self expires after 24 hrs, although reboots might affect the instance from coming up again, so I dunno. I'll have to look into that. If it is a bug in the code, then I'd need someone to help me re-write the code that if player still has instanced paid for, but instance is not up due to reboot, then create instance for free based on time left on qglobal value etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 10:36:06 am »

But otherwise, I guess i stand corrected. Both suck. If its of enough value though, IDK. hard to say. at the end of the day, hunter should hire more GM's to do shit like this.

could definitely see people leaving due to losing a 4.0 or what-have you.

Hunter has made comments that he likes to keep his server close to the vest.  He's not going to bring in GM's who have access to the dbase and code.  (which he would have to give in order to allow people to check logs and reimburse lost items)  Since it's a free server, we all have no expectation of service.  I too could see someone bolting after randomly losing something that they invested considerable time to obtain.  But that's a chance we take playing here.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 10:49:21 am »

Hunter has made comments that he likes to keep his server close to the vest.  He's not going to bring in GM's who have access to the dbase and code.  (which he would have to give in order to allow people to check logs and reimburse lost items)  Since it's a free server, we all have no expectation of service.  I too could see someone bolting after randomly losing something that they invested considerable time to obtain.  But that's a chance we take playing here.

I suppose. But honestly, that's lame.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057