Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 08:57:49 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Roadblocks  (Read 5087 times)
Rick

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2010, 03:31:12 am »

So I started a Bst on this server about 7 days ago and have been enjoying so far.  After getting him to 70 and duel 3.0 and a 2.0 for the pet buff I realised I wasn't going anywhere without boxing toons.  Since then I started Boxing a warrior and a cleric.  So far i've got duel 3.0 on the warrior and 3.0 on the cleric and now I'm pretty much to a standstill.  No one groups for Qvic and trying to gear the warrior to even tank 1 mob in Qvic has been almost impossible.  The 3.0 Bst pet is a way better tank than my warrior even with the 4 pieces of Qvic gear and LDOn gear.  The past couple days ive been in POD trying to fam the mats for angry nerd augs with the Bst pet tanking the yard trash.  Have I taken the right path?  Should I be working on something else for my warrior atm?  Seems like if your a noob on this server your already to far behind the power curve and no decent guilds want you cause your not "geared" enough.  Any advice would be great.
Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 03:43:58 am »

Get your macro heals ready, and anyone who doesn;t use em your ignorant IMO
Rick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 03:52:29 am »

Healing really isnt the issue in Qvic, with 3 mobs my warrior barely last the 2.5 seconds it takes to cast a heal. Plus I have had no trouble keeping a Bst pet alive tanking POD non boss mobs, my healing setup isn't the problem.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 04:01:10 am by Rick » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 05:04:26 am »

It sounds like you went and got your epics and left everything else behind. You need to work on finishing out ldon gear for your toons and then pound out some aa's. Your warrior is going to be a better tank in qvic simply because of taunt and stonewall/defensive. When you are tanking the bosses make sure to burn down the adds as fast as they spawn. Don't let multiple sets of adds get up as they will chew you right up. Plus it is hard to heal when you have adds up.

ksand66

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 05:15:19 am »

also you didnt say what level the wars roa is, if indeed he has one. if you can get that to twenty or so, then qvic becomes a lot easier, simply because he will have enough hp that the cleric can heal him before he dies. charms also help, but if you are simply looking at bang for your buck, roa is the way to go imo. if worse comes to worse you can always ask for help in qvic, there are people out there who will help just for the sake of it, and every qvic piece you get the easier qvic becomes obviously
Rick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 05:35:46 am »

Yea, i've been lucky enough to have people run me through Qvic but I hate asking for help.  Ive also spent about 300k pp buying runs.  I hate the fact i have to ask others for help, its one thing if they offer but asking seems wrong.  As far as epics go yes I made them priority 1 just because i figured it would make it easier to get in a decent guild showing I dont need runs for basic items that can be got without a guild.  My warriors is mostly LDON mixed with a few Qvic pieces.  ROA advice is something i'll start hitting i guess.  As far as AA's got my Bst is maxed, warr/cleric have about 700 each.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 07:21:07 am »

So I started a Bst on this server about 7 days ago and have been enjoying so far.  After getting him to 70 and duel 3.0 and a 2.0

Makes me kinda sad, heh.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 07:45:20 am »

Been there...

Got through it with a little help from my friends. Got my warrior some PoD gear and came back to Qvic for the win.

I now do Qvic with Pally 3.0/War 3.0 duo.

You are at the crucible that separates the men from the boys who go home crying that Qvic beat them up. There are a dozen or so threads about this on the forums.

Be creative. Ask for some help (and keep asking). Buy some warrior rots from qvic/tacvi/PoD. I farmed several sets of FG/CG to trade to get me through it. Also found some nice people to help for free.

Hang in there. It's a big challenge to overcome and it's worth it.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 10:59:19 am »

I had a tough time with Qvic until i got my ROA to 20+ and a few guardian chamrs.

Dont waste your time in PoD since the level of difficulty for you will make the juice not worth the squeeze. Anger Augs arent going to do much help for you in the way of tanking at your point.

RoA's and Charms are the substitute to grouping and if you are going to solo (boxing) the content then you need to put in the time to level these two items.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 287