Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 12:43:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Uhh, random unknown mob attacked me...  (Read 7835 times)
Evever

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2010, 12:45:44 am »

So while wondering in LDoN (3), I pull a few mobs (Like, 3-4) and I randomly get KO'ed by this thing... Wearekragerx, had no time to see what it was, but it was critting me for 2.2 +... Here is a couple screenies.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/sinclipse/EQ000000.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/sinclipse/EQ000001.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/sinclipse/EQ000002.jpg
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 01:12:38 am »

there are a few mobs on ldon3 that cast an unresistable charm..
Wearkragerx was probably charmed and attacking you
Evever

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 01:17:22 am »

All I know is whatever it was, plowed my face like a cheap prom night date....
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 05:08:14 am »

the master Flowkeeper charms  Grin

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 07:13:11 am »

Yeah, that is a player name... he's in my guild.

Nice hits bro!

Sorry if it ruined your trip. Master Flowkeeper makes that zone fun. Don't know how many times I've been charmed by him with my monk or better yet my warrior with aoe weapons. 

You can also get charmed near Trakanon in Old Seb, and in Sirens Grotto.
waerekrager

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 11:23:54 am »

im guilty as charmed.....  lol i sent treebark a tell explaining and apologizing hehe.  <---- im now an unknown mob!!! woot lol
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 12:24:47 pm »

A couple of bad guys (or girls) in Mistmoore charm too.

One of my favorite EQ stories goes like this...
This was the 1st year of EQ, before any expansions etc..  I was with a group in Solb camping kobolds.  There was one player with a rather notorious repuation who decided he would come near our camp and take one of the named kobolds we were camping, solo...  I wasn't happy about it but didn't feel like arguing and figured there was plenty of mobs for everyone.  Anyway the named he wanted to kill was the Noble.. who charms.

Well... about 5 minutes later we are in the middle of a pull and this guy (a warrior) comes running into our camp, with a TRAIN of kobolds behind him.. and HE STARTS HITTING MY CLERIC.  LOL yep he got charmed by the Noble.  Soooo my group starts killing the Noble, and in the middle of all this get a tell from him "why u killin my noble" ..  Roll Eyes  Grin  Grin  Grin

I was like "lol dude you ran in here and started hitting my cleric, you're lucky we didn't kill YOU instead".  Tongue

Vincenso

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 12:52:46 pm »

Another fun story... it was kind of an exploit at the time but it was fun.

Used to play on RZ and shortly after Kunark came out me and a few friends were screwing around with the new iksar race. (remember they had that advanced innate regen).  Anyhowmy roommate at the time had an enchanter.  So one day my iksar warrior goes LD and my rommate decided to try and try and charm me, it worked.  And seeing how we were on a pvp server we decided to see how long it would stick.  It seemed to last a while and we could contiune to keep the person charmed.  This turned into quite the pvp strategy.

With the iksars regen, we were able to dominate lake of ill omen for like a week straight killing people left and right before it was finally fixed.

I know it sounds bad now... but at the time it was a lot of fun lol

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 02:40:22 pm »

Back in the Day I made a DE rogue with all chain armor and leveled him to 20 or whatever.

His name was AmmbassadorDvinn

Or something close to it.

We would log em off where dvinn spawned. BTW this was in the time that Crushbone throne room was where it was at! We could always log in and press walk and just walk from his spawn point to the entrance and wherever we felt like going.

Usually the throne room group would try to pull us. When that didnt work the entire group would follow us where ever we went trying to attack and nuke us.

It was the second best time i had on EQ live. Second only to the time that i got ripped off buying a cobalt bracer (douche gave me the bracer dropped off vox). My friend offered to PL the guy who ripped me off. He just ported him to skyfire and got em to the middle of the zone and had him attack the drakes.

Ohh that joys of EQ

Balthor2
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 03:36:29 pm »

Yup I miss the old days of classic eq. Probably why I get so annoyed at people that like to claim they played from the start but have no fucking idea where guk is or how to get to naggy.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 05:12:31 pm »

Yup I miss the old days of classic eq. Probably why I get so annoyed at people that like to claim they played from the start but have no fucking idea where guk is or how to get to naggy.

I did play from the beginning and still hate getting to Naggy LOL.
I remember our naggy raids were horrors. fight fight fight, then buff the groups and we would log to the chat rooms.
Our server was cool, we did mostly pickup raids for Naggy/Vox with sort of DKP, it was a blast!
Everwes

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 05:27:22 pm »

My first toon was a mage, started the week that eq went live.  When I hit 50 they announced it server wide.  I traded a mana stone for a smr, duh! And I remember on our early naggy kills we instructed people to run out to where the healers were for a heal, but of course, no one knew about mt, or holding aggro.  Our early tanks were rangers, lol.  It was fun before it became a science, but it is fun now on ez with my team of five and mowing down t1 mini's and sometimed named. 
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 07:07:47 am »

named one in dulak (not a captain) charms as well.

Aname
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 05:18:19 pm »

im guilty as charmed.....  lol i sent treebark a tell explaining and apologizing hehe.  <---- im now an unknown mob!!! woot lol

Congratulations!  LOL
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 06:00:04 pm »

We once found a hugely fun bug with the Priest of Discord. We would take a low lvl enchanter and go charm a bat or firebeetle or something. Come back into the town and order it to attack the PoD. Of course the PoD would immediately kill the charmed mob and then come after the enchanter, however, on his way to you the guards attack the PoD. The guards usually killed him, but not till after he took out nearly all of them. We used to get crowds standing around thinking the world had come to an end, lol.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 61
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)