Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:11:16 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server Rules  (Read 250945 times)
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2010, 06:27:58 pm »

I've never seen a person get banned for looting a corpse once the timer ran out where others are able to loot it.

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2010, 06:29:00 pm »

Just because a couple of flamers/ranters say it, doesn't make it true.    We will see if I get banned.  I know I am not a ninjalooter, and would never intentionally take advantage of someone else's work.  But it doesn't mean I wont loot corpses that are rotting that nobody has intentions of looting.

That's perfectly ok, the only way to know if someone has intentions of looting though is to ask them. As long as you ask and get permission you can loot away, but if you don't ask and get told it is ok, then how do you know they have no intentions of looting them?
Engels

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2010, 06:56:28 pm »

but if you don't ask and get told it is ok, then how do you know they have no intentions of looting them?

By using common sense?  Another one of the "rules".
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2010, 07:00:44 pm »

but if you don't ask and get told it is ok, then how do you know they have no intentions of looting them?

By using common sense?  Another one of the "rules".

Sure but if you are wrong in your "common sense" assessment you risk being banned. Hence why it is better not to assume anything.
Engels

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2010, 07:12:06 pm »

Thats your opinion man, Im not saying you're wrong or that I am right.  I am just saying that these rules are not as clear as you think they are, and as long as people play with respect for others, I dont think everybody should be overreacting like this, "OMG I DESTROY ALL THE LOOT I DONT WANT B/C I H8 NINJAS!!"

The key is to just play with respect, and if a mistake does happen and someone's loot does get taken, just work it out like mature adults.  If someone got LD'd and I accidently ninja'd their loot and they came back in and said wtf, I would undoubtedly apologize and offer my assistance to help them kill the mob again.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 07:31:21 pm »

Thats your opinion man, Im not saying you're wrong or that I am right.  I am just saying that these rules are not as clear as you think they are, and as long as people play with respect for others, I dont think everybody should be overreacting like this, "OMG I DESTROY ALL THE LOOT I DONT WANT B/C I H8 NINJAS!!"

The key is to just play with respect, and if a mistake does happen and someone's loot does get taken, just work it out like mature adults.  If someone got LD'd and I accidently ninja'd their loot and they came back in and said wtf, I would undoubtedly apologize and offer my assistance to help them kill the mob again.

I think your argument that no ninja looting isn't clear is ridiculous, it has been defined many times by the gm. Your failure to recognize that is nothing more than stubbornness, it isn't an opinion item if the gm has defined it, it's simply a rule. You can risk your toons getting banned however you like, but you certainly can't hide behind no ninja looting isn't clear enough for you when it happens.

This is the exact quote out of the rules - word for word out of the gm's mouth, how can it be any clearer?

"NO NINJA LOOTING
Don't loot mobs that don't belong to you unless the person/group that killed it gave you permission."

What part of "Don't loot mobs that don't belong to you unless the peron/group that killed it gave you permission" seems to be unclear, or allows you to loot it when the corpse timer unlocks?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 07:35:10 pm by Crabthewall » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 07:40:23 pm »

NO NINJA LOOTING
Don't loot mobs that don't belong to you unless the person/group that killed it gave you permission.

People are stretching the rules again, and soon I might have to mass ban people to set examples to people about breaking rules. Its not too hard to understand. If you didn't kill it, you don't got rights to it. Expired timer does not give you rights to loot.

You can and will be banned for Ninja Looting.

If you don't want to get banned for looting a corpse after the timer expired, then you'll need to protect yourself with a screenshot of the person that killed it giving permission to loot it. Make sure the screenshot clearly shows the person that killed it is giving you permission, which mob it is, and the date/time it happened. Otherwise, you could get banned for looting a mob you didn't kill.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Engels

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 08:53:03 pm »

I concede.

I guess I just don't understand why the corpse timer is like this if people have to ask permission to loot rotting trash mobs.  But you're the boss.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2010, 09:09:56 pm »

I concede.

I guess I just don't understand why the corpse timer is like this if people have to ask permission to loot rotting trash mobs.  But you're the boss.

Dude lrn2EQ before you bitch.

There is an infinite plethora of reasons why a corpse wouldn't have been looted prior to the corpse lock timer going up (considering it's such an insanely short amount of time.) For example maybe the group is dividing loot? Maybe someone died and has to run back? I could go on an on. The timer is there so if a group bugs and a person that's supposed to get the loot can't loot it he/she doesn't have to wait a half hour to get it, or so that alts or people with PERMISSION can access it for the same reason.

The only time you should EVER loot a corpse that you didn't kill is if:
A. You were supposed to.
B. You asked and they said yes. NOT "you asked and they didn't reply after the first 2 seconds"
C. There is NOBODY around and you wait a decent amount of time to ensure they aren't coming back (if you know who killed it ask directly to shorten the time)
D. It'c coming down to like 5 minutes left on the corpse and even then if there's someone nearby you should ask.

This isn't a fucking free-for-all. It's called common courtesy. I'm well aware 99% of the human population is unaware of this concept but it still exists.

So please, from now on people don't "Herp derp it's at 27 minutes left they must not want it!"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:12:24 pm by zomgDanyelle » Logged

Blood of the Akkadian
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2010, 09:14:55 pm »

I guess I just don't understand why the corpse timer is like this if people have to ask permission to loot rotting trash mobs.  But you're the boss.

Ths game has thousands of lines of code why should Hunter or any of the other Devs (all of whom don't get paid)  have to do extra work because people can't follow rules.

What I can't understand is why is it so essential to have a way to benefit from the work of other random people. Tons of people have progressed by killing mobs, getting help killing mobs, or asking for items that werent going to be used.

And how freaking hard is it to just ask. It certainly takes more time and energy to kill stuff.

Also if you ever played live you would know there were timers there but Ninjalooting is still a bannable offense.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:21:39 pm by Thyl » Logged

Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2010, 11:21:06 pm »

NO NINJA LOOTING
Don't loot mobs that don't belong to you unless the person/group that killed it gave you permission.

People are stretching the rules again, and soon I might have to mass ban people to set examples to people about breaking rules. Its not too hard to understand. If you didn't kill it, you don't got rights to it. Expired timer does not give you rights to loot.

If you don't want to get banned for looting a corpse after the timer expired, then you'll need to protect yourself with a screenshot of the person that killed it giving permission to loot it. Make sure the screenshot clearly shows the person that killed it is giving you permission, which mob it is, and the date/time it happened. Otherwise, you could get banned for looting a mob you didn't kill.

Thanks for making it crystal clear Hunter, this way people have little reason to do anything but follow the rules you have clearly laid out for them. This will hopefully keep people from making/running into trouble.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2010, 12:19:52 am »

NO NINJA LOOTING

Thanks for making it crystal clear Hunter, this way people have little reason to do anything but follow the rules you have clearly laid out for them. This will hopefully keep people from making/running into trouble.

i agree,
thanks hunter
Engels

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2010, 01:11:10 am »

Dude lrn2EQ before you bitch.

This isn't a fucking free-for-all.

Take it down a notch, you guys are attacking me like I have done something wrong.  After all curse words are against the rules.  All I have done is played the Devil's Advocate to your opinion and obviously upset you, but that was not my intention.

I just started on this server a week ago and have worked hard to gear up and progress.  I have not had any issues with anybody in game, and I have enjoyed my time over here thus far.

Just because I don't agree with one certain issue does not mean I have mal-intent.  I disagree with a number of political issues in America, but I consider myself a respected law abiding citizen.

But ban me for disagreeing with you if that is your wish, because you have nothing else on me than a difference of opinion.  Im sorry to have ruffled your feathers, but this is a public forum in which people state their opinions on matters.  I have said all along that I am not saying you guys are wrong nor am I saying that I am right, Im just saying what I feel, and if that is punishable, then ban away.
Gunthar

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2010, 05:41:05 am »

The only time you should EVER loot a corpse that you didn't kill is if:
A. You were supposed to.
B. You asked and they said yes. NOT "you asked and they didn't reply after the first 2 seconds"
C. There is NOBODY around and you wait a decent amount of time to ensure they aren't coming back (if you know who killed it ask directly to shorten the time)
D. It'c coming down to like 5 minutes left on the corpse and even then if there's someone nearby you should ask.

This isn't a fucking free-for-all. It's called common courtesy. I'm well aware 99% of the human population is unaware of this concept but it still exists.

This is the best posting I have seen on this thing!

But what is with someone shouting XY is rotting on ABC. Is this now an allowance for other to loot that corpse or is it still better to ask again per tell?

A nice feature would be to have if consider a corpse that the slayer is listed also. This to give the people the possibility to ask for looting rights.

Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2010, 08:58:31 am »

This is the best posting I have seen on this thing!

But what is with someone shouting XY is rotting on ABC. Is this now an allowance for other to loot that corpse or is it still better to ask again per tell?

A nice feature would be to have if consider a corpse that the slayer is listed also. This to give the people the possibility to ask for looting rights.

Yes, thats how people announce rots for others to come grab. But I would still once you get there and maybe are looking at the corpse ask the player who annouced the rot if its ok to loot the item. In some cases another person would have asked about it before you did or maybe a guilde or friend who has priority might have asked if they can get it. Usually they will announce that the item has been claimed in the same format as they announced the rot but it's good to ask incase you missed it.

Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats