Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 01:10:40 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Herbinger Freglor Spawn Rate FG Quest  (Read 5134 times)
Warbash

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2010, 05:22:36 pm »

Hi Hunter,

Not sure if this has been asked before but the Herbinger Freglor spawn rate and the KD drop rate seem quite a bit challenging. I have been at the camp for 5 hours and only had 3 named spawn with one kd and if you don't have a bard/ rogue its not all that easy to get to. Is there a way to up this and maybe decrease another of the required mobs?

Thanks for the consideration.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 05:55:33 pm »

He makes a good point.  5 hour camp with no drop is waaay out of character for this server.  This spawn really sjould be fixed.  I think everyone else here would agree.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 06:08:45 pm »

Dear Hunter,

I went to camp KD for one of my new characters last week. Since the KD is dropable I used my bard to enter the camp and kill the level 55(?) mob. I was there for 20(ish) minutes and Herbringer Freglor spawned. Wouldnt you believe he had the KD on em. I think this camp is far to easy and would appreciate the chance of him spawning and the chance of him dropping the KD to be decreased.

. . . Too much sarcasm for most im sure.

Point being with RNG their are extremes such as your case and extremes such as my case (which is a true story). I dont believe it truely warrants change. Although I agree with Bikaf im sure nobody would disagree to the spawn chance/drop chance being increased as it makes it easier all around (hell, I wouldnt even mind but I wouldnt be an advocate for it either).

Edit - Grammer & Spelling
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:10:45 pm by Mayo Deftinwolf » Logged

Relnon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 10:12:25 am »

I've been camping that bastage for a week now. An hour or two here when I can. I've only seen him spawn once and he didn't have the KDs.

Between the long spawn time, drop rate, and other people camping him into oblivion its a wonder any ever makes it into the fighter's guild.

Relnon - Shadowknight
Panteras - Bard
Sethrik - Shaman
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 10:13:25 am »

It might be a better use of your time to farm 50k plat and then buy one.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 10:33:50 am »

Yeah, thats kind of where I am at for most of the drops. Any of these spawn points are camped to hell, and usually by the same 3 or 4 people, non stop. Kind of reminds me of old EQ on Mith Marr, when the first of the Chinese coin farmers had 4 spots in Sebilis perma camped for gems. Literally they would rotate in shifts on the toon, and the same duo or trio would be there 24/7.

I dont begrudge anyone a profit, but I WOULD like to get some of the camp time every now and then w/o paying 100K for an instance.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 12:02:53 pm »

I farm kd's (among other things) but I buy instances.  If you can get together with a couple people in your guild it's well worth it.  I'm usually only in there for half of the 24 hours but I'll still get 3 to 5 drops, plus as many fungi tunics as my characters can hold.  If you can keep it occupied for most of the 24 hours you will come out way ahead.

And you don't have to hassle with anybody.

The non-instanced sebilis is, in my opinion, not worth bothering with.  It's been perma-camped since I started here and is probably going to be perma-camped by the same people far into the foreseeable future.  It's just a lost cause. 
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 12:48:31 pm »

Heh well, I went there one day last week, 1 player in zone (me), logged in my rogue to open the door, walked into the room, he spawned 5 minutes later with the KD..  so it's just all luck man.

It isn't going to change.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 61
  • Online Ever: 8678