Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 05:32:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: A new way to Sell items  (Read 12278 times)
Murrjok
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:30:02 pm »

THE BAZAAR!!! Unheard of!!

But Seriously it works, and for FG/CG items it would be nice, Maybe Artisan seals? Dairy Spoons for RoA? Who knows the possibilities!

Get a Satchel and start selling YAYYAYAYAYAYPIGNAS!!!

warning-offersubjecttochangewithoutwarningofferonlygoodinthebazaarpricenotalwaysequaltopersonofsellerresultsmayvarrypingas.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 06:33:23 pm by Murrjok » Logged
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:04:43 pm »

would be nice to see the bazaar active on a emu server, however there just isnt enough items to sell alot of items that are worth anything are ND.

however am starting to wonder if hunter would make the t1 aug peices dropable that would boost sells a bit

tacl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 07:27:42 pm »

would be nice if people just used /auc to sell things instead of /ooc.
Thalia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:07:29 pm »

there just isnt enough items to sell alot of items that are worth anything are ND.

There are plenty of items that can be sold in the baz fg/cg items, i just today took a chance when i saw someone say in occ that someone was selling something in there to check it out and was able to buy some kd it was nice not having to spam ooc with wanting to buy just for 1 item.
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 08:41:03 pm »

Would be nice if there was an NPC that you could hand in all the FG/CG tradeable items into and in return receive a token that you could sell off rather than each item at a time... Kinda like how you use to have to hand in bags to an NPC to be able to sell them since you can't put containers in containers. Then either make the tokens tradeable for the items back, or make the FG/CG NPC's able to receive the token and take them straight to the 'Trakanon's Idol' part of the quest.

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 09:03:48 pm »

Would be nice if there was an NPC that you could hand in all the FG/CG tradeable items into and in return receive a token that you could sell off rather than each item at a time... Kinda like how you use to have to hand in bags to an NPC to be able to sell them since you can't put containers in containers. Then either make the tokens tradeable for the items back, or make the FG/CG NPC's able to receive the token and take them straight to the 'Trakanon's Idol' part of the quest.

Oh thats a good idea, I like that one alot then people could just buy the tokens for there alts or new friends that just started playing.

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 07:23:55 am »

I suggested bazaar like on my first day. Loveed the selling system, but the economy is just not big enough to keep bazaar up and running IMO

Take a couple items from every tier and make them droppable IMO. Make a decent economy and THEN put the bazaar out there so it stays maintained. I actually really like the idea of making a couple things droppable in each tier because you can farm the plat/whatever it takes to trade/get a few (one or two maybe) pieces of the next tier armor/weapons to help you break into said next tier.

And it would be fun to see super old RoA gear/FG items for large platinum amounts Smiley
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 09:44:03 am »

Sounds great on paper, but Hunter's already working on an AFK script to bump out the folks just standing around.  A bunch of toons in the Bazaar selling would only add to the server overpopulation. 
Murrjok
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 10:23:36 am »

This AFK script will possibly limited to zones he chooses. The AFK " Script " i dont think can be server wide. Just whatever he places the script in.
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 11:33:26 am »

True, but I wasn't referring to whether or not the code would affect the bazaar, but rather the contradiction of deliberately using a zone to keep more toons logged in when we're already dealing with lag from overpopulation.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 01:34:54 pm »

True, but I wasn't referring to whether or not the code would affect the bazaar, but rather the contradiction of deliberately using a zone to keep more toons logged in when we're already dealing with lag from overpopulation.

Quoted for truth

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 02:15:41 pm »

Didn't even really think about that. Excellent point. Still think the bazaar is a great idea though, epecially the making a couple items droppable in each tier.

But the server population would need to be dealt with first. The 6am daily restart would certainly help w/ the bazaar population though.
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 06:50:48 am »

Hello Ez just wanted to say after using the bazaar for 2 days as Zzellergin i have had a overly joyous response from people enjoying not only the convenience of the bazaar but enjoying the experience the bazaar brought to live. To all those that support this growth with your plats or taking up arms and making a trader yourself I for one Thank you. Now lets get back to what we love most the slaughter of 100's of 1000's of mobs and tacos.  Tongue

:--NOTE my two lines of chat are in AUCTION chat now and u can turn that channle off in your filters under options i hope this helps. =) I also only post once every 30 mins once a round of spawns are done in my instances due to  having new items for sell. =)----*

~Cracken
GL of Classic Composers

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:09:03 am by Cracken » Logged
Demin
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 07:18:21 am »

Well, I'm glad to hear that the bazaar has been working out for you in your plat making endeavors, but Zzellergin's constant spamming of two full chat lines in OOC has single handedly made me turn that channel off.  SOD isn't letting me use /ignore, so I will have to figure out which .ini file to edit.

Selling stuff in OOC is fine, but a wall of the same text every minute is overkill, imo.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 07:32:13 am »

I like the idea of giving my stuff to an NPC to sell for me,set my prices and go play ! I always hated the bazaar cause ya had to have a bazzar mule,which takes up an instance of EQ and one of my logins.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 153