Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 09:19:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: How should Weapon Graphics be Used more tword?
Titanium, Compatability for All.
Secrets of Faydwer, So both SoF and SoD can view them.
Seeds of Destruction, Its time for a new Client, with a new look.
Weapon Graphics isnt a big deal to me.
MY EYES! YOUR 4.0 IS IN MY EYES!

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: General Weapon Graphics  (Read 8451 times)
Murrjok
« on: August 28, 2010, 09:55:45 pm »

For a While now i see a discussion about weapon graphics and i began thinking.

How Many Really still use Titanium anymore, SoF? Or has the majority of the population converted to Seeds yet? Ethier way, i am making this poll as a bit of a grounds for how many people.

Titanium has limited weapon graphics to pick from, most have seen it 100 times over already. But All clients can view them without being a rusty short sword.

SoF has a minor playerbase anymore Vs. SoD but still provide the majority of new weapon graphics still compatible with SoD.

SoD, Lets face it, its the up and coming client for Emu and soon the majority of people will be using it of how well the client works. And provides all of today's possible weapon graphics.

But this Also poses another question. Are Weapon graphics really that important? They do show a symbol as a possible power the weapon hold by Detail alone. But at the risk of additional unneeded Partical  effects. The SoF/SoD new item models show less particals and more of a base weapon graphic and are more easly controlled by the player Partical density setting.

You make the call... unless you cant read this cuz your already blinded by 4.0's.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 10:24:01 pm »

I switched to SoD from Titanium because it offered benefits like weightless money and extra bank slots.  The weapon graphics really don't mean all that much to me.
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 05:21:13 am »

i cant box 6 chars from the sod client to laggy

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 09:42:35 am »

Hmm strange because when I went to SoD I was able to box more.

Poop
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 01:18:59 pm »

If you have a multi-core processor SoD is much much better than Titty.  I like purty graphics myself but would use SoD more for the other features.  Hell the item display re-org is worth it alone.

krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 07:01:36 pm »

well the thing is i have a distince culling set to negtive in titan client, but in the SoD it doens't let me do that so am forced to look farther away (its my GPU thats holding me back because my good card burt out on me and i have to use some POS that barely works)

runehawthorne

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 07:46:57 pm »

I also posted this on the forum about the glowing epics issue, concerning the pally 3.0, if we used SoD client, this is just one of the awesome weapon graphics we could use. just sayin  Tongue
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 10:40:08 pm »

There's a weapon in that picture?

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 10:45:46 pm »

I vote SoD and I vote that special weapons (ie epics) should have particles.

Not my problem some people have crappy computers.  There are visual settings for a reason.

Murrjok
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 12:59:59 am »

You dont need Particles to have a cool look. The SoD weapon graphics have living graphics in some weapons, such as Lava flowing inside the weapon. and spinning parts. Alot less stress then particles.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 07:54:55 am »

You dont need Particles to have a cool look. The SoD weapon graphics have living graphics in some weapons, such as Lava flowing inside the weapon. and spinning parts. Alot less stress then particles.

Which is why I voted for SoD.  Those living graphics kind of replace particles.

Murrjok
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 07:19:46 pm »

Bump.

Vote MAOR!

( that means scroll up :3 )
Costa

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 06:55:03 pm »

I decided to roll a paladin just like everyone else.

I got him up to his 3.0 just after the model change and was entirely underwhelmed.

Consider the graphic for other melee classes. Warrior has the big beefy blades. Rangers have a pretty nice look. SK has the big mean looking black sword. Even Monks have something a little swish going on.

Paladins? Well. Not so much.

I don't care that it doesn't glow. I'd just like it to look meaner than Fine Steel. Even the 1.0 has a more impressive look.
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 04:02:22 am »

Even Monks have something a little swish going on.
Saw this monk at Lord Berg camp and I thought he had some bastion of thunder weapons. Those flubbers on his hands look like something my ghetto shaman on live bought from the bazaar for discount. =p

I wouldn't be in for new clients stuff, playing on other servers too and trying to juggle with more EQ installs and such might infuriate my Vista.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 07:26:46 am »

yeah lol "monks have a little swish" i think not ;p
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis