Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:22:27 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: The Case for a Wal-Mart Economy  (Read 9588 times)
Soprano

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2010, 08:33:10 am »

The economy of the EZ server, as it exists today, consists of:

- Fighters Guild/ Casters Guild items
- Epic page runs or Killing Bosses
- Loot Rights in higher tier Zones
- Power Leveling

In short, we offer a great deal of services and very few items... oddly, not unlike the U.S.

I would like to suggest that we perhaps open up the items from Dulak as tradeable. 

- They provide a market for those who would like to gear up their toons that are going through RoA
- It will add some merchandise to the current, and very tiny market, that exists
- It gives new players who are coming up through the custom zone leveling process for the first time a chance at obtaining gear as well as getting a foot hold into the servers economy
- The zone has a level cap, (which I would recommend lowering it to 55), so it won't be overrun by higher level farming
- People will not need to stay in Dulak looking for a full set of gear and can move on to other zones
- These items are in no way game changers
- We could actually have a real shopping experience beyond just CG/FG items

People have already started using the bazar and setting up toons for selling items and the general response has been very positive.  I make this recommendation with the hope to see us expand the market to new items that fill a puropose and provide us with lower end, and more affordable items.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 09:41:28 am »

Undecided

Again, yes let me validate your post so you don't think this is a flame. Having a strong economy would be great.

Below are my thoughts

- Goes against the anti-afk script being put into place.. Why have goons er I mean toons logged on in bazaar it will still bog down the server.

- What like 500 people ( so that's like what 250-350 real people the rest are boxed).

- The server is EZ enough already if you want fast cash farm gems.

- As for the new and upcoming players, even nubs can make it to 70 and have over 50k within a day or two without even trying hard. 

I personally don't think having the bazaar active at this point in the games life-span will be a plus. Basically if Bandwidth improves I'll change my mind.

Mind you I'm also not complaining about current server performance, I box 6 with no issues even high peak.

Also, I keep 1 100k instances up almost full time.. not counting qvic/tacvi/pod/tt/mow so.. there is plenty of cash to go around without the bazaar.

Again if and when server performance improves, I would like to revisit Bazaar and the likes.

Fugitive

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 11:32:04 am »

Agree with OP.

Would be super nice to be able to twink and have that feeling of economy gear-wise, at least for those levels. Would be sweet.

i know i stayed in dulak really, really long trying to get a pice of gear for every slot
Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 12:49:34 pm »

I came from the live servers just a few months ago and one of the things I miss the most is the bazaar. It can be a good resource for people frustrated trying to get that one drop. Bandwidth issues aside, I'm all for it.

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 04:17:57 pm »

I kinda like Dulak the way it is now.  If the gear was tradable, even if each piece is lore, it takes potential drops away from people that need it and gives it to people who will hoard it in case they want to make another toon someday.

A lot of the gear people really want comes from the named mobs in Dulak.  If the level limit is lowered to 55 then it makes those much harder to kill.

I've been as frustrated as anyone else running around looking for that breastplate that never seems to drop, but when I finally got it I had a great feeling of accomplishment.

Don't get me wrong, I like the bazaar too, but in this case I'd rather farm the gear that first time myself.

Everwes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 08:22:21 pm »

I see both sides. My first toon, ages ago (a month and a half), I leveled through Dulak.  I have no interest in collecting items in Dulak anymore.  When I level a toon I pl them as fast as I can.  Many are like that.  I just can't see hoarding being a giant issue and I don't see items from there generating much pp as there is no reason not to get o 70 once ou have others there.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 08:57:05 pm »

I also dont think hording will be an issue because I doubt there would be a very strong market for these items. They are mostly useful for people just starting the server and working through their first group of characters.

They are even pretty useless for most people doing ROA. When I ROA my warrior stays naked the entire time.

revloc02

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 10:25:45 pm »

I would like to suggest that we perhaps open up the items from Dulak as tradeable. 

- They provide a market for those who would like to gear up their toons that are going through RoA
- It will add some merchandise to the current, and very tiny market, that exists
- It gives new players who are coming up through the custom zone leveling process for the first time a chance at obtaining gear as well as getting a foot hold into the servers economy
- The zone has a level cap, (which I would recommend lowering it to 55), so it won't be overrun by higher level farming
- People will not need to stay in Dulak looking for a full set of gear and can move on to other zones
- These items are in no way game changers
- We could actually have a real shopping experience beyond just CG/FG items

This is a good idea. Lay aside the bazaar issue about it eating up bandwidth (it really is a separate issue anyway), the items could be sold through /auction. It's a good idea for all of the reasons listed (well thought out--kudos). Capping Dulaks at level 55 or 60 I can see both sides of that, either way is probably fine. I saw someone say make Dulaks gear trade-able but Lore--also a good suggestion. I hope this idea works out.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 11:00:51 pm »

How is it a separate issue. If the bazaar took off it would directly effect server bandwidth.

Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 11:16:00 pm »

How is it a separate issue. If the bazaar took off it would directly effect server bandwidth.

+1.

With all the boxers, I could see 20-50 vendors in bazaar at all times.  As more and more things become drop-able and trade-able (that are worth a crap), this number would go up.

Even though idle players don't affect bandwidth as much as busy players, it still affects it.  As it is the server is near cap and adding another 50-100 daily wouldn't be wise.

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 10:12:13 am »

(Sarcasm)
Well, if you want to limit content for the sake of bandwidth, just stop the T5 project. Heck let's get rid of T3 and T2 as well, since those do suck alot of bandwidth.
(/Sarcasm)

The Bazaar and the Economy is Content. Content is the golden goose. You don't kill the golden goose because it eats a lot of grain. If Hunter did that, the server would still be at 50 people max.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 10:14:39 am »

(Sarcasm)
Well, if you want to limit content for the sake of bandwidth, just stop the T5 project. Heck let's get rid of T3 and T2 as well, since those do suck alot of bandwidth.
(/Sarcasm)

The Bazaar and the Economy is Content. Content is the golden goose. You don't kill the golden goose because it eats a lot of grain. If Hunter did that, the server would still be at 50 people max.

Wat?

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 10:38:14 am »

(Sarcasm)
(/Sarcasm)

I believe you have a point - albeit perhaps a little misconstrued.

The bazaar is more like the lame Golden Goose who is 1/10th the size of your other golden Geese and happens to lay Golden eggs that give minute satisfaction compared to the other Golden Geese on the farm.

It is content but everything gets a priority. Since Bandwidth is a current Issue it would make sense to move on with the primary content while allowing the bazaar to wait until a future date to deal with.

I don’t suspect you will see anyone quit over not getting a fully functioning Bazaar with a flourishing economy (batteries not included).

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 10:53:29 am »

^^ Agree

Basically people just want to log out for the night and when the log back in magic PP in the inventory.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 10:56:57 am »

(Sarcasm)
(/Sarcasm)

I believe you have a point - albeit perhaps a little misconstrued.

The bazaar is more like the lame Golden Goose who is 1/10th the size of your other golden Geese and happens to lay Golden eggs that give minute satisfaction compared to the other Golden Geese on the farm.

It is content but everything gets a priority. Since Bandwidth is a current Issue it would make sense to move on with the primary content while allowing the bazaar to wait until a future date to deal with.

I don’t suspect you will see anyone quit over not getting a fully functioning Bazaar with a flourishing economy (batteries not included).

+1 Yes I did totally borrow that from Isaaru

Very good points made

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96