Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 03:59:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Computer buying help!!  (Read 16028 times)
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 08:25:21 pm »

You don't know anything about my company or our practices or my expertise. To tell someone to disregard everything someone says seems childish. Especially when talking about someone you don't know.

I am curious to see what you come up with.

I didn't question or dishonor your company, your expertise, or your practices.  All you did was brag about a several thousand dollar computer AND your company to a guy with a $700 budget.  Pretty sure that whole post, except the part I left in quotes, was pointless.  Anyone can build a PC like that; congratulations.

I run a Q6600 @ 3.9 GHz on Air, which is faster than an i7 720Q (up to 4 processes of course).  I know a thing or two about computers.  My advice wasn't to ignore yours; I just cut out the bullshit.

Oh and I found this funny:

Quote from: Righteous
honestly we are the next best thing.

following by:
You don't know anything about my company or our practices or my expertise.

But you want us to trust you?

Leick.Exhumed

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 09:53:32 pm »

*Listening also*

Mine shit on me last night  Roll Eyes
Righteous

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 11:14:05 pm »

You don't know anything about my company or our practices or my expertise. To tell someone to disregard everything someone says seems childish. Especially when talking about someone you don't know.

I am curious to see what you come up with.

I didn't question or dishonor your company, your expertise, or your practices.  All you did was brag about a several thousand dollar computer AND your company to a guy with a $700 budget.  Pretty sure that whole post, except the part I left in quotes, was pointless.  Anyone can build a PC like that; congratulations.

I run a Q6600 @ 3.9 GHz on Air, which is faster than an i7 720Q (up to 4 processes of course).  I know a thing or two about computers.  My advice wasn't to ignore yours; I just cut out the bullshit.

Oh and I found this funny:

honestly we are the next best thing.

following by:
You don't know anything about my company or our practices or my expertise.

But you want us to trust you?

You know I really try to be a humble person but you are making that difficult.

If I wanted to brag all I needed to do was talk about my background. I am NOT one of those guys that brags and talks about me me me me. Otherwise I would have given much more details about my company and myself. The interest never arose so I didn't have to divulge any unnecessary information which is actually quite the opposite to bragging. Now I remain anonymous just the way I like it.

If you owned a company maybe you would understand how precious spare time and privacy is to a business owner. We don't get a whole lot of privacy or spare time.

I actually brought up that computer because it was the cheapest one I remember building within the last three months. NOT because I thought it was some great high and mighty machine. Most of the machines we build are in the 5k to 12k range for specialty companies and engineering companies. I also provided a link to dells website which was useful for showing that we are thousands of dollars less than our competition.

If someone wanted a pre built computer that would be a good way to give them an idea of how much less we are.

Why would I want to spend time pricing out something in his price range if he doesn't even want a pre built machine? Huh

By posting this way I saved myself a good hour because now we know he is willing to build his own.

I don't know what I did to bring your wrath down upon me. Once again you are being unnecessarily rude. Seriously take a chill pill. You really ought to lighten up or you will die a young man.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 11:56:23 pm »

LOL but anyway... the Q6600 is very old and not even made any more... it was a nice chip for the day but there are better now...

IMO if you are on a budget, and maybe you have a 775 board already, the Q8400 is a great chip for $170.  You can get a good P43/P45 board for under $100 and use cheap DDR2 ram, 4GB will run you well under $100.  Total cost (chip, board, ram) $350 or less.

If you want to spend double that... go i7-930 ($285) and a decent X58 board ($225) and 6GB of DDR3 ($175-200) total cost = ~$700.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:58:36 pm by walk2k » Logged

Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 12:40:14 am »

Just go to Cyberpowerpc.com if you want custom built machines for good prices the support staff are well trained as well, I have a machine still running that i played eq hardcore on for years and its now my media machine so its running after years of abuse.

I also build my own but when i bought this one i did not have the time and needed a new pc right then as my old one took a crap and i was in college at the time.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 07:05:44 am »

I don't know what I did to bring your wrath down upon me. Once again you are being unnecessarily rude. Seriously take a chill pill. You really ought to lighten up or you will die a young man.

You didn't do anything and I didn't attack you.  My post was my opinion and it was not directed at you negatively.  I took the most important part of your post and quoted it and told him to ignore the rest. 

That is no different than me simply saying, "Build you own, save some money, ignore the pre-made companies" now is it?

I am very chill.  I think you took my message the wrong way, or possibly as an attack on your company.  I'm actually a VERY nice guy and anyone who has spent some time with me on the server knows this.  I have been very busy of late, kind of like yourself, so I haven't even played in almost two months.  I still like to participate in the community though because it's important.

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 07:14:24 am »

Regardless of who-said-what, throwing out your company in an attempt to get business is lame in this context IMO
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 03:08:07 pm »

To get back to the OP.   This might be a dumb question but would these sites like newgg, Cyberpowerpc and other do black friday sales?  Would be it be worth it waiting till then to buy a computer? 

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 03:09:11 pm »

Yes, if you can wait for black friday you can find really cheap deals on everything PC
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 03:13:20 pm »

I would expect Newegg to have some awesome black friday deals this year as they have in the past.  It just depends on if the kind of items you're interested in are the ones on sale.  The selection is usually pretty varied, so you can probably find something that will fit your need.

I'd expect the rest to have sales around that time too.  If you want sites like dealnews and gotapex they usually have black friday deals a bit before the actual event.  There's also http://www.blackfriday.info/
Righteous

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 04:27:07 pm »

Regardless of who-said-what, throwing out your company in an attempt to get business is lame in this context IMO

Here is newegg.com

Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366    299.99

Me

Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366    272.00

I make three bucks I am not exactly going to retire or anything. I brought it up to help the guy not make money. Like I said before we usually don't do low budget machines because we are usually less than what even distributors sell for.

You guys are a tough bunch I feel worse and worse for ever offering any input at all.
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 07:07:44 am »

Well I appreciate all the input from you.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 07:25:15 am »

You guys are a tough bunch I feel worse and worse for ever offering any input at all.

Righteous, if you really can get parts cheaper than you would on a site, and you're really just geniunely offering help to the OP, I hereby apologize for being rash. It's just hard to tell sometimes because genuinity (especially dealing with advertising your business) can be hard to detect, and if it was there I apologize man. Smiley
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2010, 11:38:43 am »

Here is newegg.com

Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366    299.99

Me

Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366    272.00

I make three bucks I am not exactly going to retire or anything. I brought it up to help the guy not make money. Like I said before we usually don't do low budget machines because we are usually less than what even distributors sell for.

http://www.frys-electronics-ads.com/ads/2010/09/03/49606/Intel-Core-i7-Processor-950 in case you were interested.
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2010, 01:28:05 pm »

Thats a awesome price lol thanks Crab.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 209