Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:43:40 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: LDON instances "not ready" stole my plats!  (Read 11782 times)
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2010, 01:53:31 pm »

If you give the LDON instance guy 1/2k he eats it right away, and if you get an error about the instance "not ready for visitors" (wtf is that anyway?) you don't get your money back.

Can we do something about this?  Can the instance be checked first and if it's not ready give the money back?  Or just make it work like the other instances where you hand in the money first then click "enter" when it's ready?

Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 02:09:10 pm »

If you think that is unique to LDoN instances, you haven't been doing many instances lately.  I made a BoT group instance last night and finally gave up after 45 minutes of that message.  Someone said in OOC that they'd been waiting an hour for their instance to load. 

The same thing will also happen in an existing instance if you have logged out of it and try to log back in.  Took me about 10 minutes to get back into a Seb instance just a little while ago.

You can, by the way, keep trying.  If you're not in primetime, chances are that it will load eventually.  If you ARE in primetime, all I can say is good luck.  I've started treating these like gambling in Vegas: don't spend more than you can afford to lose. 
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 02:50:03 pm »

The difference with those other instances is you pay your money then eventually (hopefully) you can click "enter" and go inside.  The LDON instances take your money and teleport you right away, and then just eat it if the instance isn't ready.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 02:58:48 pm by walk2k » Logged

Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 04:13:13 pm »

Ahhh, you're right.  I haven't had a failure going into an LDoN instance (only been in a couple), so I wasn't thinking about the implications of how that system works. 
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 05:03:00 pm »

It seems like right now the server can't create ANY new zones, that includes non-custom like Freeport, Qeynos etc... just getting "not ready" and ported to bind point from the npcs..

Soprano

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 05:44:14 pm »

As I understand it, and I could be totally wrong, the number of allowable open zones are limited to the servers population.  If so, then maybe it is time to consider limiting the number of toons boxed from a single IP? Perhaps to 2 or 3?
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 06:06:30 pm »

No, based on the code that I have seen Hunter post, it doesn't have anything to do but with the code that was implemented behind the LDON instances.

EZ Server GM
Demin
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 06:09:53 pm »

The backlash on limiting boxing would be deafening.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 06:25:56 pm »

I Just bought a guild instance in Qvic - I thought i was super lucky that i zone in immediately!

When I got to the other side I was in another guilds instance and the time remaining on the instance was 34 hours.

Some wires are crossed on the server.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 08:04:47 pm »

LDoN Instances need to be fixed, they are some how using up all the available zones or resources or something. Hopefully we'll get a fix within a week. Just know that instances can eat your money so use at your own risk.

Thanks,

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 11:37:11 pm »

Ah that just sucks, I have faith you'll get r fixed as long as you can find time. 

Poop
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 05:09:51 am »

Today it wasnt just LDON instances. I spent an hour trying to get to ANY starting city....all gave the zone not available message. 5 mins later, same message. 3 mins after that...same. 5 more mins, same...well, you get the idea.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 09:24:51 am »

Today it wasnt just LDON instances. I spent an hour trying to get to ANY starting city....all gave the zone not available message. 5 mins later, same message. 3 mins after that...same. 5 more mins, same...well, you get the idea.

Any zone that is not a static zone has to bootup just like an instance.  Generally this is done instantly (just like instances).  If hunter says it's affecting all instances, this means it will also affect non-static zones.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 12:42:41 pm »

Yes, I'll get it fixed.

Also, we have 62 zones as static, and I can add more to the static list if we need, such as starting cities or other common zones that people go to that I didn't think of yet.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 05:15:22 pm »

Yes, I'll get it fixed.

Also, we have 62 zones as static, and I can add more to the static list if we need, such as starting cities or other common zones that people go to that I didn't think of yet.

I haven't seen you e-mail me, do you need me to help you get this running? I've been putting tongue and groove up in our office room we have been building this weekend. Just got done putting up sheet rock and spraying knock down. If you need me to do this for you I can, I just need to know.

EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678