Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:20:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Gnome Shadowknights  (Read 12908 times)
Curry

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2010, 03:52:52 am »

Hate em.

Think of Darth Vader (episodes 4-6, none of that Anacrap). Badass theme plays whenever he shows up, cloak flowing about, pitch black armor, overall awesome beyond measure.

Then think of Ewoks. Furry noisy little runts that pretty much made you feel embarassed of what was going on in the latter parts of episode 6.

If you combine the two, it doesn't make Ewoks cooler. It makes Vader look uncool. Like they turn the armor pink, shrink him down to 25% of his size, give him a squeaky voice that constantly goes "derrrhurrrrr durrrrrr!" and he stumbles on his cloak. It's as if they chop off his gentleman's vegetables and put an apron on him and send him to cook vegetarian-lunch.

Gnomes = Ewoks.
Shadowknights = Darth Vader.

Gnome Shadowknights = /cry.

Don't click off the illusions I cast on you little chumps, think of Darth Vader.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 03:54:48 am by Curry » Logged
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 04:47:28 am »

lol

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Zealpath

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:32:43 am »

gnomes PERIOD are ugly.
i used to get in arguments with gnomes whom entered my group.. hate gnomes >.>

Zealpath
Eviltron
Skulking
Juneau
Goodsynth
Watcher
Holik
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 07:06:31 am »

gnomes are awesome! I bet gnaughty could kick your ass! hehe but seriously yeah they're certainly ugly tho
Thalia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 01:39:49 pm »

No you want to see ugly go look at the troll, ogres and the eudrites.
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 02:43:04 am »

No you want to see ugly go look at the troll, ogres and the eudrites.
Turn Luclin models off, 2/3rd of problem solved.
Regardless, ogres/trolls/erudites are relatively evil and threatening as races. Big nasties and wicked wizards. While gnomes are just chubby bookweights.
Concho Pete

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 03:29:29 am »

In the end, Vader was a emotional mush pot.  Not me, I stabbed my mama in the eye with my epix!

Don't be hatin' on my Gnomish good looks.  Good things come in small packages, send your ladies MY way!
Lyricz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 11:26:26 pm »

gnomes PERIOD are ugly.
i used to get in arguments with gnomes whom entered my group.. hate gnomes >.>

That's what I call, mental illness.

Haters Gonna hate.
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 05:44:33 am »

Just for the record the OP isn't about what gnomes look like, it's about gnomes being able to be SKs. Think this change came around luclin, and it was like the whole SK-class got kicked in the groin.

It's like Jarjar Binks had come out at the end of EP1, shanked that sith-guy with red-face-tattoos (who's name I can't remember), put on some black robes and started swinging a red lightsaber around furiously fighting the jedi with a chorus going "oooiiiiiiioaaaaahhhh" in the background. Them sith would be embarassed to the point of no hope.

And if George Lucas were to find this thread he'd probably adapt these ideas to some crappy sequel. Darth Binks and Darth Ewog? /groan
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 10:22:36 am »

Darth Maul.
Concho Pete

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 06:08:12 pm »

Just for the record the OP isn't about what gnomes look like, it's about gnomes being able to be SKs. Think this change came around luclin, and it was like the whole SK-class got kicked in the groin.

How so?  Gnomes already had the Rogue and Necro guilds that were down in the pits of Ak'anon, away from the goody two shoe Gnomes, so it's really not that far fetched for them to extend their evil shortness into the SK realm.  It's not like High Elves were thrown into the SK mix....now THAT I could see someone getting all LARP-aggro over.   But Gnomes....don't see it.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 06:11:20 pm »

LARP-aggro   

I lol'd at this - which made people in my office look at me oddly.

Curry

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 07:01:41 am »

How so?
They're on the same pile as asslings imo (you know, the lads who have goofy music and guys dressed up in a wild-west-theme). I never recall seeing a gnome necro ingame, NPC or PC, being all "gahaha I will eat your souls peons!". They were just goofy stumps with potbellies and skulls on a stick. Something you'd see on halloween and smirk at. Gnomes were never threatening necros in any way whatsoever, while the gnomes warriors were something I thought were just uber-geared rogues.

And as SK I used to have tons of pride, hating on paladins being an essential part of the lifestyle. Gnomes suddenly running around with Inny's Curses was just humiliating to the class as whole.
Concho Pete

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 06:53:12 am »

Sounds like you aren't comfortable in your own skin.  As far as I recall, Gnomes, no matter what class, have the same spells/abilities as their cohorts of the same class.  Why not hate on the Euridite SKs? Or even Humans, since half of them were goody-two shoes?
2 damage, 2 damage, 2 damage!
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 07:18:28 am »

on a roleplaying aspect, gnome anything is kind of a fail! But its fun for some people. Shit, i loved my gnome mage.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 359