Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:18:11 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Rot Bot for Qvic/Tacvi  (Read 15799 times)
Loyal

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2010, 03:33:28 pm »

I propose adding a rot bot in Qvic and Tacvi. However, I think that it should cost about 20k per transaction.

I figure if you have a price per turn in - it wont be used to speed through the progression for people who are just starting to get to this level as most people at this point dont have 100K+ to drop on a rot bot.

Instead it could be a way to alleviate the issue of having to go back for that one piece that seems like it will never drop - meanwhile your group has progressed well beyong one of these zones.

I have a few characters that are holding tacvi/T1/T2 molds because I cant get the Qvic peice to drop for me.

What are your guys' thoughts? Should the price be a little higher maybe 50k?

Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 09:53:46 pm »

+1

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 07:29:40 am »

I AGREEE

it isnt the "hassle" of getting a full toon fully geared, its really just that last piece or two (usually legs or BP) that just take hours of farming of not getting the one item you need.
Lilknobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 02:49:18 pm »

I agree.  It holds quite a bit of people back just having to farm these zones over and over again.  At least with a Rot Bot it would clear the zone up for other people and maybe have less instances open of these particular zones.
♫§µÄdÖBlÖÖd♫
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 02:40:05 am »

I kinda disagree with this because I do realize it is called the EZ server but farming that one drop is a lot more like the original EQ that I am used to even paying for it I believe this would just be way too easy and a lot more like wow.. But that's just IMO if  people want it more power to this topic :-)
Pazz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 05:56:55 am »

I agree. whiles Tacvi isn't all that bad, Qvic can be super annoying, i.e. worst place I had to farm on EZ so far!
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 10:28:36 am »

I kinda disagree with this because I do realize it is called the EZ server but farming that one drop is a lot more like the original EQ that I am used to even paying for it I believe this would just be way too easy and a lot more like wow.. But that's just IMO if  people want it more power to this topic :-)

I actually agree with you to a point. I enjoy EZ server so much because there are aspects of it that do remind me of Classic EQ. However, speaking as someone who only gets about 10 hours a week and with all my chars finishing T2 I hate that i have to spend many hours going back to get that one missing piece.

To be honest this suggestion would just turn extreme bad luck into purchasable good luck. In order to utilize this Rot bot you would still have to spend enough time farming Qvic to get 2 other pieces of the same slot.

Lilknobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 04:45:48 pm »

Ya know, that double loot weekend did help out a lot for gearing up people.  Maybe having "events" like that more often would be more supplemental.  It could go either way, that would make it almost too easy.  Anyone care to help elaborate?
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 06:14:44 pm »

I disagree. 

As a newbie coming into this zone I have found it incredibly difficult to get groups going in QVIC in general.  A rot bot would make this worse.  Let me explain.  Last night I spent 40 mins in OOC calling to start a group (I ended up needing to box and only got one other person to come with me).  When we got going we found other people who were in the zone and not interested in grouping (they weren't interested in any sort of share arrangement with the loot).  Let me add here that personally I prefer game play with real live people as opposed to a boxed army (I will always replace a boxed toon with a person if I can). It seems to me that a lot of people are seeing both QVIC and TACVI as "inconvenience" zones and are looking for ways to speed through this game content.  The cumulative result is that the social aspect of game play (ie. grouping with new people; making new friends; helping one another; etc) is being lost in favour of getting to T1-4 zones ASAP. 

The times I have played in this zone where groups were working have been the most reminiscent of old school EQ.  And to date - the most fun. 

If you add a rot drop bot you're going to simply promote people plat farming and buying the equipment as opposed to actually playing the zone as it was intended.   

My thoughts anyway.
Strix

♫§µÄdÖBlÖÖd♫
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 02:24:49 am »

I disagree. 

As a newbie coming into this zone I have found it incredibly difficult to get groups going in QVIC in general.  A rot bot would make this worse.  Let me explain.  Last night I spent 40 mins in OOC calling to start a group (I ended up needing to box and only got one other person to come with me).  When we got going we found other people who were in the zone and not interested in grouping (they weren't interested in any sort of share arrangement with the loot).  Let me add here that personally I prefer game play with real live people as opposed to a boxed army (I will always replace a boxed toon with a person if I can). It seems to me that a lot of people are seeing both QVIC and TACVI as "inconvenience" zones and are looking for ways to speed through this game content.  The cumulative result is that the social aspect of game play (ie. grouping with new people; making new friends; helping one another; etc) is being lost in favour of getting to T1-4 zones ASAP. 

The times I have played in this zone where groups were working have been the most reminiscent of old school EQ.  And to date - the most fun. 

If you add a rot drop bot you're going to simply promote people plat farming and buying the equipment as opposed to actually playing the zone as it was intended.   

My thoughts anyway.
Strix

Yea I agree with this. Would be kinda bad for those people who do only want to play 1 character.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 08:39:43 am »

I prefer game play with real live people as opposed to a boxed army

sorry to say this man, but this server is not for you. I tried the single char route and it's just not going to happen. You can get someone to group with you every here and there-but when it is its like someone just running you through something.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 09:58:36 am »

Most of the people asking for rot bots are ALREADY IN T1-T4 but a simply missing one or two Qvic/Tacvi pieces on one (or a few) of their 6-24 toons.

Rystan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 04:59:21 pm »

I prefer game play with real live people as opposed to a boxed army

sorry to say this man, but this server is not for you. I tried the single char route and it's just not going to happen. You can get someone to group with you every here and there-but when it is its like someone just running you through something.

So you're effectively saying that EZ Server is a solo server?  Hmm.  That raises a whole bunch of questions around the game content.  Specifically:
1.  Why bother with guilds if it's a solo server? 
2.  Why allow a chat feature for players to interact?
3.  Why does Hunter have welcoming text in zones like QVIC telling you to group with multiple players to survive?  Should he just tell you start boxing?
4.  Why isn't scripting allowed for boxing on this server (if as you suggest - this is a solo server).

Actually - if it's going to be a solo server why not just start putting rot bots up in every zone? 

Sohami - you're right about a LOT of people having this attitude on the server.  That doesn't mean that there isn't room for the social player.  Perhaps in the early days of the server (when the numbers were smaller) it was mandatory to box and play solo.  In recent times, I've seen a lot more groups forming with newer players and people becoming a lot more soical in this game.  Really - it's not like most of us haven't already seen end content when we played on the live.  I personally didn't come back to this game because of it's great ability to captivate as a solo style game (you're quite nuts if you think the narrative is actually that engaging). 

Seriously - Do you really want to be the little boy sitting alone in the dark playing with himself?

Rystan
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 10:29:08 am »

1.  Why bother with guilds if it's a solo server?

This is most commonly 2-10 people in a guild that box several, several characters to do content above what they could with their solo box army. So, its like grouping^2. Know what im saying? You would have a point here (and i wish you did honestly) but guilds will rarely take a solo toon. Because there are a lot more uses for someone who can box 2 wars, a cleric and a couple rangers.

2.  Why allow a chat feature for players to interact?

Interacting is different than grouping. Dont get me wrong, the server is very "social friendly" but when it comes to content its just rarely the case.

3.  Why does Hunter have welcoming text in zones like QVIC telling you to group with multiple players to survive?  Should he just tell you start boxing?

intent doesn't always mean reality. I read it as "group with multiple boxes to survive here"

4.  Why isn't scripting allowed for boxing on this server (if as you suggest - this is a solo server).

Not sure what you mean by this one

In conclusion, I would be on your team if you caught me when I started here. I tried the solo route and it's just not realistic to get a couple buddies and take on a zone. It just isnt. 95% of people here have their own army, and their "group" is their guild.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 11:46:31 am »

To address the connection some people have made with Rot Bots alienating single box play I dont believe you have me convinced that it will really do so.

By adding a rot bot - I dont believe any single boxers are going to go out and create a bunch of boxes because there is now a rot bot. Nor do I believe anyone who wishes to group with others will stop grouping with others just because they are going to want to loot the rot.

I would go so far as to say people may be more encouraged to group together if there is a rot bot because now two plate classes looking for the same piece wont have to worry as much about losing the roll if their piece drops.

Rystan - Most boxers are little boys sitting in a dark room playing with 1-3 of their friends.

To be honest I was put off by your entire post. It is always unfortunate when someone comes to a thread and posts a bunch of non-sense that adds little to no value to the discussion at hand. Just because someone's playstyle and process of enjoying a game isnt the same as yours - doesnt make it any less legitimate or worthy of a reason to play.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 359