Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:15:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Rot Bot for Qvic/Tacvi  (Read 15793 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 11:51:22 am »

+1 Mayo, Sohami

I deleted my Post that was in response to him yesterday cause I couldn't covey it well enough. Because you hit it right on the head.. Not everyone's play style is the same period.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Rystan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 11:06:15 pm »

Hi Sohami - Thanks for the frank reply.  Really, your answers to those questions actually mirror my own experiences with the reality of this server.  With that said – I think we can both agree that this is NOT a solo server (Solo by definition means alone).  Groups of 2 – 10 players working together on content (regardless of boxing) make this a social game (and a social sever).  We use the chat feature to allow us to make those connections (and for other purposes).  Please correct me if I’m wrong here but I suspect you actually met those players (that you play with regularly) in lower levels of the game by grouping with them (and being social).   

Where am I going with this?

To clarify, Stix's original point (as quoted by Sohami) was this:
“I prefer game play with real live people as opposed to a boxed army”

To which Sohami responded:
 “sorry to say this man, but this server is not for you. I tried the single char route and it's just not going to happen. You can get someone to group with you every here and there-but when it is its like someone just running you through something.”

The corollary of all this is that I'm confused about the following:
Why is Sohami telling a new player that they are not suited to this sever when suggesting that they prefer to play with humans - especially when he appears to clearly agree that:
a.    it's not a solo sever, and;
b.   is (presumably) in a guild where he groups with 2- 10 other boxers to do higher end content every time he plays? 
Strix states in his post that he ended up boxing to get through QVIC with another person.  Given Sohami's responses above – I fail to see how the two are actually any different. 

Perhaps the only difference is that Strix appears to be calling for people in OOC whilst Sohami only helps guild members?

It seems like a slippery slope to me when established (well-connected) players on the server start suggesting to newer players that they play elsewhere and try to justify it with ill-considered gobbledegook.  If Sohami actually had a point to make to Strix its lost in the apparent nastiness of the sentiment. 

Rystan
Rystan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 11:25:05 pm »

If you add a rot drop bot you're going to simply promote people plat farming and buying the equipment as opposed to actually playing the zone as it was intended.    

Mayo - We really need to separate the issue.  Personal sentiment aside - the issue is NOT "alienating single box players".  Not sure how you got that idea.

As I see it - the issue is that the rot bot will support single box play OVER grouping and playing the zone (see Strix's quote above).  Perhaps its the 20k price tag per item that's the issue?  Really - there would be nothing stopping a single box player from farming FG/CG items to gain enough plat to simply skip that zone (or any other zone that you put a bot up in).  I've been able to sell full sets of that stuff for 400k and it only took me 6 hours to farm.  Do we really want to put more pressure on those items?  

I actually like the idea of the rot bot in PoD - that concept could work really nicely.
Rystan
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:36:40 pm by Rystan » Logged
Concho Pete

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 02:42:24 am »

So instead of buying the items with plats, have then purchased with cards or coins, LDoN style.  This way, people still need to group/play the area, but also have an alternative to farming a drop.   Seems win/win to me.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 08:08:23 am »

I actually like the idea of the rot bot in PoD - that concept could work really nicely.

For the record I want to point out in your non-edited post what was in place of this text was something to the tune of:

If we put a rot bot in Qvic then think of the precedent that it will set of the other zones.

Ignoring that.

I would like to ask why you think a PoD rot bot doesnt affect PoD in the ways you are saying a Rot bot (that has more strings attached) would effect Qvic?

I will give you a little help as to why I think a Rot bot (And Dragon Class) in PoD is different from Qvic, since my guess is you arent in PoD yet. PoD takes more time and is much harder. The Rot bot (Dragon Class) cuts the time it takes to be in T1(T2) by an immeasurable amount. The Qvic rot bot would cut your time in Qvic by much less.

If you feel 20k is too low I wouldn't mind changing it to 50-100k personally. The only issue I see with that is that it will turn a lot of people off to using it (including the intended audience). So then why have hunter spend the time doing something that only me and two other people will use.

Really - there would be nothing stopping a single box player from farming FG/CG items to gain enough plat to simply skip that zone (or any other zone that you put a bot up in). 

It wouldnt really be "skipping" the zone as they would still need to go there and get two pieces to actually use for the rot bot. (please re-read my previous post about purchasing good luck).

I also want to point out that nobody should be concerned with other people rushing through content. The Rot Bot isnt a requirement you can certainly experience all the of the zones without rot bot's by choosing not to use it.

I disagree. 

As a newbie coming into this zone I have found it incredibly difficult to get groups going in QVIC in general.  A rot bot would make this worse.  Let me explain...

If i were a single box player and I perceived changes to the game to be geared at making it harder for me to play as a single boxer. . .I would feel alienated.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 08:29:09 am »

Basically it sounds to me like, people want to force groups without the legwork of making friends, making enemies, working together. Or they are just hoping for that high level guy to come in and run the zone and letting them gingerly loot behind.(which I don't mind doing see below).

Before you flame me, ask around how many low level zones I visit and randomly group with players to give them a push forward...(daily)

People have their own play style, this is not live. People log on to do their own things, chat, raid with others, raid with selves, complain, and whatever..

People think boxing is some easy thing that makes it all better..

How many toons do you I have to level up, how many 3.0s did I have to farm, how much pp do I need to buy FG stuff or camp it for how many toons?

.. Rot Bots will not hurt groups, people that don't get out there and make friends daily hurt grouping.

What have you done today to make Norrath a better place?

PST in game if you need help with something.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 08:31:30 am »

I used something similar to a Rot Bot on my server.  People loved it.  You could exchange 3 pieces of dropped set gear (like cobalt) for 1 piece of your choice (same slot).

For instance: Druid, SK, and Pal legs for Warrior Legs

It helped progression BARELY and stopped people from getting burnt out doing one monster endlessly (which in turn stops lower guilds from being able to kill him and get the experience/strategy).

Rick

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 07:23:08 pm »

Rot bot would be great in both these zones.  It gives noobs a chance to catch up with everyone else faster and allows the vets to gear alts a lil quicker.
Rystan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 07:24:10 pm »

You could exchange 3 pieces of dropped set gear (like cobalt) for 1 piece of your choice (same slot).

+1  
-- In addition, drop the charging out of the model as it would be clear that players have played the zone extensively enough to have just had “extreme bad luck”.  There appears to be no point in charging players for this.

For the record I want to point out in your non-edited post what was in place of this text was something to the tune of:

If we put a rot bot in Qvic then think of the precedent that it will set of the other zones.

Ignoring that.

You’re funny.

To be clear – I didn’t really enter this discussion as an opponent to your idea.  My post addressed to you was simply a courtesy to separate the issue of my posts with Strix’s.  It was also to clarify where the last discussion point was before it got hijacked by people trying to bully a new member off the server.  I used mainly Strix’s words in the wording – adding my own thoughts to his post (as they occurred to me) to provide you with the opportunity to address him.

My position on your issue is stated above.

Rystan
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 09:47:14 pm »

Rystan,

to me, solo still means 'solo' if you're boxing your own group.
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 02:04:07 pm »

Whether you are playing with real people or boxing your own mini army, a rot bot for qvic/tacvi would help everyone. There have been times when all I seemed to be getting was cloth or leather while trying to find plate for my pally, war or bard. Having the option to turn in X of one type for class specific stuff would have been a godsend. (We have all had days when our luck with loot is nothing short of abyssmal)

*Note*
Yes, I can vouch for Fugitive's kindness in regards to helping others. He let my bard tag along on another run he was giving just so I could get the missing patterns and gems needed.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 359