Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 05:03:54 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flames of the Valiant Crashing Instances?  (Read 5423 times)
Dawgrin

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2010, 11:02:08 am »

Ever since I have started using my Paladin Epic 3.0 clicky, Flames of the Valiant, I have noticed that in certain instances, it seems to cause the instance to crash.  I have seen this happen in Tacvi and Plane of Dragons guild instances.  Basically what I see is once I click my epic, after the first time it procs on a mob, I (and anyone else in the instace) get disconnected.

It does not happen EVERY time, but it does happen frequently enough that I do not think it is just coincidence.  In fact while fighting Boss 2 in Tacvi this happened 4 times in a row.  After I stopped clicking my epic, I had no more crashes.  I tried clicking it again on Boss 7 and the instance went down again.

Has anyone else seen this happen to them using the Flames of the Valiant?

Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:50:26 am »

never had this happen, but i only used the epic clicky once and that was over a year ago. There is absolutely no reason to use it, you proc ur actual 3.0 proc less often (they share the same proc, i.e you can't proc both per swing) also you don't heal for 40% more even tho the buff says that. that is if you have the focus of healing buff on.
Just be wise and don't bother with the clicky

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 12:20:08 pm »

I believe this has happened to me before as well.

At the time I thought Qvic was just very unstable as I was crashing more frequently than it should have. Looking back at that horrible day - It is one of the only times I actually clicked the epic.

Dawgrin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 08:19:51 pm »

There is absolutely no reason to use it, you proc ur actual 3.0 proc less often (they share the same proc, i.e you can't proc both per swing)

I thought that innate (on the weapon) and casted procs were on different timers so that you could have one of each on without affecting the proc rate of the other
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 09:12:33 pm »

maybe they're suppose to be, but i've parsed this many times over.  Everytime a "proc buff" is on i proc less often w/ the normal weapon procs.  Have yet to see any proof showing that you can proc more than once per swing (according to my parses) if i swing three times in one combat round (triple hit) hit/miss no matter i max at 3x procs, no more ever.

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 09:14:54 pm »

I always use my pally epic click. Havn't had a problem. Maybe you are pulling too many mobs?
Dawgrin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 09:46:01 am »

I always use my pally epic click. Havn't had a problem. Maybe you are pulling too many mobs?

In the instances where this has happened to me I was engaged with only a single mob (In Tacvi).
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 05:12:12 am »

never had this happen, but i only used the epic clicky once and that was over a year ago. There is absolutely no reason to use it, you proc ur actual 3.0 proc less often (they share the same proc, i.e you can't proc both per swing) also you don't heal for 40% more even tho the buff says that. that is if you have the focus of healing buff on.
Just be wise and don't bother with the clicky

I'm sure i'll get flamed but this is why msot of us dont bother with forums, The discussion is NOT wether parsing is correct for proc % accuracy, but rather DOES the pally epic crash zones. And yes it does, much to my dismay, I was going ld all the time and someone in occ told me stop clicking your pally epic, hen i got tell hell from people asking me if i jsut crashed bot, I said I guess i did, after 5min of discussion I realized it was probably my clicky, I stopped clicking it have never gone ld since.

There is an issue with paladin epic 2.0+ flames of valiant clickie crashing zones. Why, I don't pretend to know or understand, but it needs to be fixed.  As for people getting nerdy and posting off topic about %'s and values and pars runs they have calculated in their spare time, you all need to stay focused on topics, so people can get help and get issues Resolved. This board is starting to sound like the Allakhazam & Illia's boards of old days. I would look for info about a spawn location or drop rate, only to find the entire site fileld with flames and rants about who was right about offhand dmg or haste values or groups structures. Stop getting brainy and stick to the basics here.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 05:20:33 am »

I've crashed zones with it as well, when I am the only person in the instance fighting 1 mob.  It doesn't crash every time, but I've tested it enough to eliminate every other possible cause.

The monk epic clicky seems very similar at least for the proc it adds, but it has never caused a crash for me.  I dunno if that helps, but whatever the differences are between them is probably the cause.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 142
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)