Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 01:19:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: The Hushed Bankquet  (Read 18626 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 07:46:04 am »

If this continues to be a problem, we can try to make it an instance zone, but limited number of available instances that you can choose.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 07:54:05 am »

hopefully once p99 goes back live we wont have this problem, but either way hunter, ur the man
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 01:33:44 pm »

If this continues to be a problem, we can try to make it an instance zone, but limited number of available instances that you can choose.

Most awesome idea ever. This is why Hunter GMs.

Please, make it so. This would solve everything and people would still meet, but with even 2 or 3 instances, this would fix this problem entirely.

b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 09:47:59 pm »

So I logged in today (3rd day of going for my warriors 2.5 due to zone overcrowding) and again find the Hushed Bankquet overcrowded as normal. 8 ppl in zone, Impossible to get my 2.5 for yet another night, I want to get to qvic already and this is all im waiting for. For those who dont believe me, here ya go check out the screenie.
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 09:49:20 pm »

Poor murfman Sad
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 09:52:56 pm »

lol i guess the beholders are the only kind of crowd control were going to get xD
yt2005

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 10:06:05 am »

Having a pet is both the least frustrating way to get keys and the most irritating to others.

Spawn a pet (or, if you're a non-pet class, grab a dragon tooth that spawns a pet for you)

Make a bind like this:
Quote from: Hotkey
/target a_barrel
/pet attack

Go to the room with the 3 (or is it 4?) barrels, stand next to the locked chest and spam away the bind. The /target command will even highlight barrels not in your line of sight, and the pet will go through walls to attack them.

There are 6 or 7 different barrels that you'll be able to target and zero chance of being caught and sent back to the nexus. The best part is that you don't have to "save up" keys or anything like that since you can continuously try each one against the locked chest you're standing next to.

You get decent barrel-breaking-per-minute, and is foolproof and brainless: once you're in your spot, you can just spam-click the mouse or hotkey; no turning, no manual targeting, no need for quick reaction time. You don't even need to be looking at the screen, you can just keep clicking or pressing while watching a movie

...which leads me to wonder, are there "camping" rules in the hushed banquet, or can you do something like this and own a fair portion of the zone?
sebekl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 10:10:18 am »

Having a pet is both the least frustrating way to get keys and the most irritating to others.

Spawn a pet (or, if you're a non-pet class, grab a dragon tooth that spawns a pet for you)

Make a bind like this:
/target a_barrel
/pet attack

Go to the room with the 3 (or is it 4?) barrels, stand next to the locked chest and spam away the bind. The /target command will even highlight barrels not in your line of sight, and the pet will go through walls to attack them.

There are 6 or 7 different barrels that you'll be able to target and zero chance of being caught and sent back to the nexus. The best part is that you don't have to "save up" keys or anything like that since you can continuously try each one against the locked chest you're standing next to.

You get decent barrel-breaking-per-minute, and is foolproof and brainless: once you're in your spot, you can just spam-click the mouse or hotkey; no turning, no manual targeting, no need for quick reaction time. You don't even need to be looking at the screen, you can just keep clicking or pressing while watching a movie

...which leads me to wonder, are there "camping" rules in the hushed banquet, or can you do something like this and own a fair portion of the zone?

I would not suggest doing this. This is just like using MQ2 to send pet through walls. just my 2 cents. dont know how hunter would feel about this but seems like an exploit to me.  I do use the dragon tooth but I am in the room that the barrels are in and click on them. 
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 10:32:08 am »

There is a room with 6 barrels that can be gotten by the pet without using mq2.

the hotkey is:

/tar a_barrel
/pet attack
/autoinventory

With modern keyboards you can make it so the number 1 key is pressed every 1 second and then you can AFK.

Remember that the you will target any barrel in LOS and the pet will attack the barrel if it is in its LOS.

Hushed Banquet is not that hard folks.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 10:41:23 am »

Make a bind like this:
/target a_barrel
/pet attack

Probably one of the reason Hunter didn't support the use of MQ2 to begin with.

I would not suggest doing this. This is just like using MQ2 to send pet through walls. just my 2 cents. dont know how hunter would feel about this but seems like an exploit to me.  I do use the dragon tooth but I am in the room that the barrels are in and click on them. 

yt2005

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 05:36:32 pm »

This is just like using MQ2 to send pet through walls. just my 2 cents. dont know how hunter would feel about this but seems like an exploit to me. 

Probably something that should be clarified ASAP. I'm sure I'm not the first and won't be the last person to think of this.

Can we get an official ruling as per the legality of using /target to target enemies behind walls?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 09:19:39 pm »

Hunter already said the ONLY things you can use MQ2 for is Map and /stick.
That is all.
Ghost targeting and stuff to send in a pet or anything to that effect will get you banned.

Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2010, 12:04:54 am »

Hushed has always sucked. Here is what you do.
Collect keys. Collect more keys. Then get some more.
Find a chest and feed it keys. My number is 10.
I have walked away with a book every single time in 10 keys or less.

Yes you have a lot of people in the zone so you get less keys per run but its whats called RNG (random number gen for clueless folks) and pure luck.

I have gone over 20 hours straight on a long weekend with no keys. That really sucked. I was really pist. Shy might remember my rants about that weekend.

Other days I have gone in and collected 20-30 keys in a clear. Pure luck and cream in the pants.

So you zone in and you /who and see 4+ people in the zone. Not all is lost. just run around and see if anything is up near zone in, see if anyone is near zone in. Decide if its worth it to wait for a respawn cycle and try to get a few keys before moving on or try to move deeper and jump past someone to get a chance at keys.
Then just come back later.
Chances are if you need the 2.5 you are not max AA so go work on that for 20min-1hr then try again.
adamalh
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2010, 10:59:45 pm »

I've brought multiple characters through the Banquet.  Some of them were quick, some were not.  I do have a rant about it though.

Pathing.  The NPC's path very poorly.  Especially up and down ramps/stairs.  I can't count how many dozens of times I've been "seen" by an NPC that wasn't visible on my screen due to the NPC A: pathing through the wall or B: pathing through the floor/stairs.

/rant off
marbach1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2010, 01:36:40 am »

my bard is 2 keys for 2 books =D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats