Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 01:42:34 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: The Hushed Bankquet  (Read 18628 times)
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2010, 04:40:06 am »

Ok, so i've been in this damn place for over 4 freakin hours, barely any keys, and not to mention ass tons of guys popping in, and taking the barrels i've been waiting to respawn, this place needs to be INSTANCED!!!!! its horrible not only having to deal with the beholders (who seem to have an infinite aggro range for me) but also with the other players coming in an jackin barrels. enough of my QQ, had ta get that out, time ta get out some pew pew, oh if u dont wanna instance it, make it so we can kill us some beholders xD
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:22:02 am »

I already had a post for this here:

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=24.0

I asked if we could simply get the barrel time lowered, because anyone else in there with you jacks the barrels and don't even bat an eyelash. Point in fact, on my shaman Billeh, a warrior consistently would follow me around and jack the barrels before I could hit autoattack. It peeved me off to no end. But if the times were lowered, I'd figure we could just space out when we go in, by doing a /who all hushed or etc.

Regardless, this is the only bottleneck at the moment I can think of that seriously needs some tweaking.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 07:17:54 pm »

</rant on>

MMOs are about bottle necks imo. Who can work around and waste most amount of time to get ahead of their peers. If it was easy to get all your epics, what sense of accomplishment do you have after completing them?
Make everything a 10min timer like, for example, in PoTimeA. All the bosses spawn super fast. Then you have new folks complaining about how hard it is to keep up with spawns and dying all the time. In the mean time, you have people figuring it would be quicker to lvl and epic a character in 2 hours or so, than to make friends. thus creating an even bigger gap between veterans of EZ and new blood.
Don't get me wrong, im all for boxing. I frequently box every character i have in my signature at the same time.... And am a freak and epic'd them all/ working on epic'ing them all. But not everyone is like me.
I think the Hushed Banquet is the worst part of the epic, but it does add "flavor" to the quest. Rather than collect item X 10 times, and turn in you get to take a new approach.
With that, taking the time to sneak around, wait for the Beholders to cycle around is tedious. But its always the stupid lame BS stuff you do that afterwards you feel good about completing

</rant off>

Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:44:03 pm »

/RANT ON

That's a bit of generalizing. I'm not asking for any other timer to be adjusted. Nor am I suggesting we make everything "EASY"

Dropping of Barrel time would mean almost next to no change. It'd still be thousands of barrels a key. It'd still be thousands of key for a locked chest to spawn a book. (I'm exaggerating, of course) but the point remains if three or four people are in that zone, waiting for them all to go ahead and not fighting over barrels is  nearly impossible. It creates a sense of "I've got to jack this barrel before he does or I have to spend another four hours doing this."

This zone is the only zone atm I have any type of gripe with due to this fact. The rest of the game I don't mind waiting on timers, I usually just pick up an anime and wait the timer out. Can't do that in a "Stealth" mission with beholders and barrel respawns, because you have to actually play it actively. In this type of situation, with only one linear path in the zone, if someone gets ahead of you, you're screwed for another 15-20 minutes. I can't even wait on a respawn because if I do, someone ELSE might get ahead of me. If this is not enough to change respawns, B33t is right. Make this instanced. It seems to me if it'd be personal instances, it'd still be a grind to get the book, but no ridiculous wait time that I could have been having fun with my friends by then.

/RANT OFF

Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 08:16:19 am »

seriously.

It isn't that hard.

Dodge Beholders and break open barrels to get keys. Turn in keys to get your book.

It isn't Field of Bone easy but it is pretty easy.

Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 09:57:29 am »

Seriously.

It is that hard, when there's four to five people in there, and there's 0 barrels and you're barely lucky with getting 1 key every 10-20 barrels because in between everyone else is jacking barrels. When there's other people, which when I play there always is, it's nigh impossible unless you spend four to five hours consistently doing it.

Perhaps this was designed to be a bottleneck, I don't know. But this IS a huge bottleneck, waste of time, what have you. This is the only part of the entire EZ server that is like it. It's retarded how long you have to wait just for a shot at one key with three people in zone.

I'm not talking about dodging beholders to get keys to get book. That is indeed easy, I'm talking battling 2+ people in there for the barrels to get the keys, it's retarded. That's all.

Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 10:43:13 am »

Use a pet.

Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 10:52:43 am »

Theres ways around it by either moving to the end of the zone into the safe room and waiting for the barrels there while watching a movie and then save up the keys and use them when you have a bunch. If you are racing from one zone to the other you will have an issue.

Tacvi can be more annoying when people just sit in there waiting for the repop.
plane of dragons can be more annoying by people camping the shards and just sitting there.
T3/T4 is annoying cause jydyta is there.
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 12:57:47 pm »

First off...this is the rants section.  People come here to vent and blow off steam.

Second...any/all issues with game play have some validity because everyone has a different idea of what the game should be.  Hunter checks em out and acts on those that strike a chord with him.  (ie he sees something in a new light and think 'hmmm...that wasn't what I was intending here.'

As to this particular one, I don't consider it to be a huge issue.  Every other epic quest requires a fair amount of time to complete.  This one, if you're REALLY lucky, and be completed in 10 minutes.  On the flip side, if you're really unlucky it can take many hours.  The perception is, this is one task and it's taking hours and hours.  But since it's literally a one and done, I don't think that kind of disparity is unreasonable.

But as I said earlier, that doesn't mean my perception is right and someone elses is wrong.  My gameplay experience matters to me, and I'm ok with this one.  Blackee's is important to him, and he's not.  Both points are valid.
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 02:49:34 pm »

First off...this is the rants section.  People come here to vent and blow off steam.

Second...any/all issues with game play have some validity because everyone has a different idea of what the game should be.  Hunter checks em out and acts on those that strike a chord with him.  (ie he sees something in a new light and think 'hmmm...that wasn't what I was intending here.'

As to this particular one, I don't consider it to be a huge issue.  Every other epic quest requires a fair amount of time to complete.  This one, if you're REALLY lucky, and be completed in 10 minutes.  On the flip side, if you're really unlucky it can take many hours.  The perception is, this is one task and it's taking hours and hours.  But since it's literally a one and done, I don't think that kind of disparity is unreasonable.

But as I said earlier, that doesn't mean my perception is right and someone elses is wrong.  My gameplay experience matters to me, and I'm ok with this one.  Blackee's is important to him, and he's not.  Both points are valid.

u r wrong!

Tarq

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 03:10:07 pm »

T3/T4 is annoying cause jydyta is there.

lol
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 03:58:34 pm »

see i dont mind the beholders i dont mind havin to be stealthy (its kind of fun) what bothers me, is i zone in, hey im the only person here, but the barrels have been hit, they pop in about 5 mins an some new guy zones in and starts running around, ends up catching up to me and running ahead, u r then FUCKED, might as well rezone and go back to the beggining and wait for a repop again. All i care about is it being INSTANCED, i dont want faster repops, its a solo zone, so it should be thus, SOLO. but, thats what i belive, i really think its a good point and hopefully a couple more people back me up on this. It wouldnt change anything, other then having to wait on other people.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 08:05:00 pm »

Kinda goes along with the whole, dont be a douche unwritted rule.
It comes back at you in the end if you're a jerk though. Tosser for example is a good player and alot of people like him, because he helps everyone and isnt a total tool. For that, he often gets tells from people doing T1, T2, T3 content (sometimes anyway) asking if he needs item X or spell Y....
If you're one of those people taking all the barrels and screwing over people, cant expect any kind of respect later by anyone

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 08:05:59 pm »

everytime i've been there and im neck and neck with someone, i ensure i take half the barrels and leave the other person half. if he doesnt break them, hey whatever. they're his barrels to do whatever with. takes longer to finish but at least you're not a dick

b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 07:42:46 am »

thats what i try to do if someones in there with me, my normal thing with the barrels is hit 1 leave 1 just in case someone does come in while im running my way through
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 40
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)