Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 07:14:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: SoF  (Read 18794 times)
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 06:46:18 pm »

The problem is the newer clients DO NOT HAVE the older zone files, you would have to download them, and replace them, this isn't something the server can do for you automatically.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:23:50 pm by walk2k » Logged

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 01:32:36 pm »

HI TREVIUS
I have an issue here.  Since october 2010 I play the titanium-version of EQ on EZ Server.  So far so good.
Since a couple of weeks I installed Seeds of Destruction and learned that there are some interesting gear in the zone "Loping plains", a pure Secret of Fayer zone.  Probem is, I CANNOT enter this zone, because there is NO DOOR (in the caves of "steamfont mountains" !   For you info, I'm playing with a beastlord - level 60.

What can I do ?

Kind regards,
ALRAZOR

1.  I read something about revamped zones... ??
2. Should I change server to access SOD & SOF zones ??
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 05:17:11 pm »

Dude, read this carefully.

This is a CUSTOM SERVER that has been running for a few years and has an older database.  That means that it doesn't have all the zones that live does.  Many of the zones that are available have been heavily modified and do not resemble live AT ALL.

Nobody here would have ever mentioned the Loping Plains zone because IT DOES NOT EXIST HERE.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 07:27:42 pm »

It exists, however it isn't running. You can choose which zones are online and which ones are not as a server OP. Also, even if it were running, Hunter would have to add a portal location for it with the noncustom zone porter, or open the zonelines from other zones

TheBloodmoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 07:45:46 pm »

Reed, quit confusing him.  Lol...

The easiest answer is that you can't go to Loping Plains on this server.  You can't get the armor you are looking for on this server.  I don't even know why you'd want it.  The gear you can obtain on this server just by following the CUSTOM progression is vastly superior.  Just forget about it...

To do what you are wanting to do, you need to build your own server.  Visit the EQEmu website to learn more about how to do that...
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 01:58:14 am »

HI TREVIUS
I have an issue here.  Since october 2010 I play the titanium-version of EQ on EZ Server.  So far so good.
Since a couple of weeks I installed Seeds of Destruction and learned that there are some interesting gear in the zone "Loping plains", a pure Secret of Fayer zone.  Probem is, I CANNOT enter this zone, because there is NO DOOR (in the caves of "steamfont mountains" !   For you info, I'm playing with a beastlord - level 60.

What can I do ?

Kind regards,
ALRAZOR

1.  I read something about revamped zones... ??
2. Should I change server to access SOD & SOF zones ??

Alrazor, I am not associated with EZ server, though I do drop by the forums on a semi-regular basis (just so ya know).  EZ server is only Titanium content as far as I know, and I don't think Hunter has any current plans to expand to later content for now, because he prefers to support Titanium players.

No Live-Like server has content past Titanium yet, so if you are trying to follow information you found on a website like allakhazam.com, it won't apply much in most cases for content past Titanium.  Also, on custom servers (such as EZ), content is made custom, so EQLive information is irrelevant in most cases.

In other words, you will not necessarily be able to access Loping Plains on most servers, and even if you can, it doesn't mean you will find Defiant Armor there.  Though, it just so happens I do have a custom version of Loping Plains on my server, Storm Haven, where you can attain Defiant Armor via a progression quest line.  Maybe you are confusing information you read about my server somewhere with EZ server.  We are pushing post-titanium content pretty hard now (4 SoD zones, 7 TBS zones, and 5 other post-titanium zones all open currently with more in the works), so maybe you are just a bit confused on which server you were reading about.  Not advertising about the new content on my server here, just hoping to clear up Alrazor's confusion on the subject.  Seems he has been posting in multiple threads here and not quite understanding what is being said in reply.
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 05:09:40 am »

Hello Trevius,

Thanks for your support.  Indeed, previous replies from other people were a bit to technical for a EQ-dummie like me.  I understand much better now.  Perhaps in the near future, some servers will support fully SOF & SOF-zones.

Of course I'll take a look on your server STORM HAVEN.  Can I found there some info/manual  to level up quickly ?

Kind regards,
Alrazor
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 125