Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 02:27:29 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Updates 10 03 10  (Read 42317 times)
Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 08:50:40 am »

There was a lot of discussion in regard to the new crafted armors as to who were the potential customers.  Well, I was a potential customer, I've never set foot in PoD and have been in Qvic once, but I have enough plat to buy a couple T2 pieces and know how to make more.

How?  By selling FG sets.  It is the one way that non-boxing, mostly solo players can make that kind of plat.  I buy lguk and sebilis instances and I farm all the other stuff in off hours or when no one else is in those zones, and I'll leave if someone else comes wanting the camp; in short, I don't interfere with anyone else.  When I went to bed last night, I had 3 full FG sets (which is enough for one more piece of T2 armor), and I could have filled out 2 or 3 more with just staffs, schw and lightstones, which I didn't think would be any kind of problem.  Now I have none, and am facing what looks to be an incredibly difficult couple of camps to finish any of those out. 

Whether it was intentional or not, you just took away (or at least made vastly, vastly more difficult) the one good way for people like me to accumulate plat and become customers for the other new stuff you've introduced.  You can't make that kind of plat farming gems or any other vendor drops.  Which is going to leave the new stuff to the people who are already way ahead.
Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 08:59:14 am »

And two Vox kills this morning and no staff.  At least that zone will be orderly.   
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 09:08:32 am »

I normally don't complain unless I have input, but today my jaw hit the desk..

Why add more farming to this quest... It's like you fixed one bottle neck and added 3...( fixed hadden added velks, vox, nag) Honestly I feel that all FG/CG mobs should be on a 30 min or lower timer that has 50% chance to drop item...

If your going to do that reduce the spawn time of the Dragons...People are killing without getting any of the items now..
[/quote]
And two Vox kills this morning and no staff.  At least that zone will be orderly.  

Also, I would take away the ability to bind in any FG/CG zones.
I've seen people in route like woot I got the spawn heading there no one in zone, poof someone logs on top of the mob spawn kills.. loots logs...

I see bottleneck after bottleneck, and a lot of the bottle necks create breaking rules IE Trains in custom zones..

If you want to bottle neck the CH/FG stuff more.. then make the 2.5 zone give up books better... I've seen and known people including myself spend more then 8 hours in there.. over hundred keys..

But
I feel like

/meh
Angry

Velketor Spiders Quest Item Silver Chitin Handwraps Drop Rate Reduced
Delete all Silver Chiten Handwraps from merchants and players
Nagafen Quest Item Drop Rate reduced
Ladyvox Quest Item Drop Rate reduced

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:16:00 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 09:18:48 am »

Spiders are about 1/100 for SCHW.

Vox/Naggy will probably get you 1 quest item per 2 kills, average, aka 50% chance, but there are multiple factors in that one.

Its really not that bad guys.

Need to know more about the Buff Durations, why they are acting the way the are, how people are doing it, which type of buff bot/buffs, what armor equipped, what level players are, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Abuse

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 09:54:29 am »

While drop rates are purely your discretion. Ithink its a terrible mistake to delete items from players inventories for no legitimate reason.  Those items were honestly earned and it in effect punishes players for no real gain to the server.

Fragile
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 10:12:34 am »

Only item I deleted from players was the SCHW which I first searched how many totaled in peoples inventory, and it was thousands and thousands of them. People originally got them easily from practically 100% drop rates. Players will probably need to spend about an hour average in Velketor to get some now for their guild quest. It was broken, and is now fixed as intended. Its really not that bad. Hopefully everyone enjoyed it while it was broken for the last few years as a freebie step in the quest.

Drop rates are not set in stone, and I will continue to review them and make them as intended. Anywhere from half hour, to a few hours, per item is acceptable. If item takes 1 minute, or 1 day, then I need to adjust it. Just be happy I didn't delete the items from Naggy/Vox that people already farmed. I think this is the first time I ever mass deleted out of users inventory.

I'll continue to read forums for feed back on the quest. Considering alternate items to farm per step in the quest.

Also working on creating a Noobie Guild Quest, which would be easier, faster, items that noobs can farm solo without needing to have any gear, that probably a naked 70 could do easily with just some travel and knowing whereabouts of the items. Would be more obscure areas and zones to travel too for fun.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 10:16:05 am »

Remove people that Bind themselves on top of the FG/CG spawns..

er not the people but the binds..

-Hate"
Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 10:23:55 am »

It might be an hour in Velks if you have the zone to yourself, though I've spent more than an hour in there this morning with very little competition and no drop yet.

But put 10 people in there all looking for it and it's going to be 10 hours (unless you're the unlucky one, and someone is always going to be unlucky, especially at a 1/100 chance).  Put 20 people in there and...

3 Vox kills, no drop.  No line at the moment.  That will change.  Relatively few people are aware of the changes. 
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2010, 10:38:48 am »

1% chance feels too low to me, especially since there just aren't that many spiders in there.  I also went this morning to see how the drop rate was and felt bad about it because there were a couple of people in there getting experience from the spiders.  Yeah, chances are they never would have made it all the way up to the top, but I still felt like I was taking something away from them.

Change the quest item, or move it somewhere else.  Make it something rare off a giant in burning woods or some other zone that absolutely nobody goes to.  Don't turn Velks into a campfest since people are directed there while leveling.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2010, 11:01:59 am »

Why add more farming to this quest... It's like you fixed one bottle neck and added 3..

Because the server has no content.  The only way he keeps people busy is by adding grinds.

Seriously.  400-600 characters share a few zones.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2010, 12:04:58 pm »

Never thought about it that way Isaaru.

-Hate"
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2010, 12:06:06 pm »

50k guild instances!

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 12:19:32 pm »

The drop rate for the SCHW is 5% (1/20) then has a 25% (1 of 4 items) that drop will be the item needed = 1/100 or 1%.

I could probably bump it up a bit, maybe 10-20% x 25%(1/4 items) 1/20 or 1/40.

Will probably have to make the dragon (Vox/Naggy) faster.

Also will probably need to add more instances.

I'd like to remove the guild / group instances from Guild Item zones, and just use the Public Instance that are cheaper, and possible even free, or near free, like 100 plat instead of 1000 plat to zone in, etc. So there would be 1 non-instance + 2 public instance = 3 versions of the zone for several people to camp same thing.

Will continue to tweak.

Anyone remember grinds on Live? Getting keyed? Getting Epic'd? Raiding ALL NIGHT hoping the guild leader will grats you on 1 item? Yup, thats been everquest. At least on EZ Server leveling up is faster, no penalty for dying, and possible to obtain godly items. Grinding is part of MMO's.

Enjoy!

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Microdia

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010, 12:41:20 pm »

If your not the only person in Velks killing spiders, it's going to be a huge bottleneck.  There just isn't enough spiders to support more than one person trying to get the schw.  If one person is trying to get the drop then there will also be no spiders left for the xp groups.  Maybe make it a zonewide drop?  That might fix it.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2010, 12:50:51 pm »

That might fix it.

It was never broke. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149