Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:40:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Plane of Air crashing  (Read 23163 times)
Gnaughty

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2010, 02:36:37 pm »

I wanted to reach out to the eqemu community for some help because a member of my guild from France as well as some others have had a problem.  They are experiencing crashes during fights in that zone, doesnt matter if its a T3,T4, or MCP boss they crash midfight.  Crab has even had this problem and we're all stumped as to why its happening.  The guildee from France his problem is especially strange because on every seventh boss he crashes like clockwork, well it used to be that way but since last week now its random and happening alot.  I know of one other member of our community who has lost several purple stones due to MCP fight crashes and that hurts.  I am not a computer wiz and I know Hunter does not have the time to tackle this issue so I wanted to appeal to some people out there such as Secrets or Akkadius to maybe figure this out?  PM me if you need additional information.  I dont in any way mean this as a rant, rather a problem I'd like to fix before the rest of the population gets to the T3 zone and start experiencing this themselves.  I has a big heart and have had these people ask me for help and guess what, Im a nursing major so I dont know jack shit about programming!  Have a nice one yall.

Poop
gimpy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 04:55:06 pm »

I am seeing the same thing.  Zone crashed last night with the boss at 3%  : / 
Demin
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 05:49:34 pm »

I have had several crashed in Air, with no rhyme or reason.  Sometimes the fight goes well, sometimes it will crash at 50%, 6%, 95%....Just no pattern to it from my point of view. Also, has happened in both instance and public.
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 07:27:30 pm »

It's never crashed on me, but I *only* fight T3 bosses with a limited crew.

I've only seen it crash on times when MCP or a T4 boss is up, which means the only difference are adds or death touch?

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 08:04:57 pm »

You dont matter Uxt.

Poop
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 04:28:45 am »

It crashes on t3-4 mcp with me with the same 6 man crew everytime so it has to be the zone and from what i can guess is it's either when someone is being rezzed in or a mob is aeing from what i can tell.
Balthor2
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 08:57:04 am »

Its Karma you ugly gnome ;p
Love me a gnaughty!
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 11:40:02 am »

I dont think its linked with rez, because when i farm T3, i dont have any dead and it still crashing on the 7 boss   Embarrassed
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 12:34:07 pm »

You dont matter Uxt.

That hurts, sir.

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 06:47:12 am »

Traya its linked to you being French and I know you dont understand what I mean so Ill explain it to you in mumble on Monday.  Uxtalzon I am reading this at 4a.m and that piture made me laugh out loud and almost woke the wife, very freaky boy you are, very freaky.  Balthor come back and share in the bounty that is T4, traya is burning robes and tunics and doing all kinds of french stuff to it, miss you.

Poop
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 11:09:33 am »

I would like to add our experience regarding the crashes in PoA, specifically concerning MCP.

For the last two weeks we have made numerous attempts at MCP with limited success, trying many different configurations to mitigate crashes.  Below is a brief summary of the attempts.

20 crashes (or 1280 red magical crystals)
6 successes

Here are the adjustments made based on feedback from Hunter and other players capable of doing MCP.

+ All systems are updated with latest spell_us file
+ Reduce players to 18.  Still crashed (we only attempt it now with 18 or less).
+ Reduce players to 12 Still crashed ( 6 attempts resulted in crash every time)
+ Isolated one player to tank MCP for 30 seconds without group engaging - no crash even when both aoe's land on single player.
+ Some players have formatted systems and reload software from scratch
+ Used different players from outside of guild (i.e.  is it just me or does it matter)

Other observations:

While a single player is attacking/tanking MCP and even if the area of effects goes off, there is no issues.   However, once MCP is pulled to the main force for all to engage, the moment the spell "NPC packmaster Curse" hits the main force the zone crashes.

This is not conclusive evidence that the aoe is the reason for the crash, but just one area within the code to review.  Perhaps, others who are attempting can verify or disapprove the experience thus far.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 12:10:35 pm »

Yes, good info. Let me know if a certain spell crashes the zone. Maybe I'd need to modify, or remove a certain spell. I'm pretty sure Shout Kills work fine.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Blighton <Leader of Red Dawn>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 04:24:36 pm »

I have also found issues while fighting MCP. Today however i was in T2 and Kronos spawned when i started to engage and as soon as "Packmasters Curse" hits it caused me to go LD/zone crashed. The issue has been tested many times and now i am very sure this spell is causing the problem.. If and when you fix/change this we will test it asap.

AKA
     Blighton My Goons Got Goons
          <Leader of Red Dawn>
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:01:11 pm by Kroe » Logged

I BLAME GNAUGHTY       I BLAME GNAUGHTY        I BLAME GNAUGHTY     I BLAME GNAUGHTY      I BLAME GNAUGHTY!!!!!!!!!
Demin
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 05:41:49 pm »

How many people are you using to fight Kronos out of curiosity? I wonder if its that spell hitting over a certain number of people that causes the crash.
Blighton <Leader of Red Dawn>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 05:48:17 pm »

I'm only using 6 character. 3 warriors and 3 clerics. it happens when MCP casts Packmasters Curse also. 12 to 18 characters on MCP.             

AKA
     Blighton My Goons Got Goons
          <Leader of Red Dawn>
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:01:41 pm by Kroe » Logged

I BLAME GNAUGHTY       I BLAME GNAUGHTY        I BLAME GNAUGHTY     I BLAME GNAUGHTY      I BLAME GNAUGHTY!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 79