Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:26:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Warrior farming fix  (Read 11235 times)
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 01:18:42 am »

Flames including Phrases like "QQ much" from a kid with a name like "FunkinMofo" gives me terrible flashbacks of WoW.

The name I choose to register on the forums is of no concern of yours. But I will say that I have probably been using this handle longer than you have been alive more than likely.
Linking the term QQ to WoW.....here is a heads up: some of us people who never played the crapfest that was WoW know that QQ also various other meanings. But it mainly boils down to is cry some more, and is usually used when someone suggests something ridiculous based off no real facts.

I play only 1 class, I don't make alts never do. I definitely don't box like 4 characters. Everquest is not Dungeon Seige, and not everyone wants to play boxing an entire group. For me I loose all immersion when I box so I don't do it.

Thats your choice to play that way. If you choose to handicap yourself in terms of raw DPS and survivability so be it. But to get into higher tier content you will most likely change your mind.

Wasn't complaining about the grind. I said the EZ server is very based on "farming" and if a couple classes farm 10x better than the rest they are going to be overplayed.

Of course people are going to use what works best in a given situation. You're choice of using the word farming suggests you come from another game as everyone I know who plays EQ uses the term grind for repetitive tasks.

Did you not read what I said. I said the drop rate is based on warriors being able to pull entire floors and instantly drop every mob, since this is what is going on constantly. So if your a class that cannot farm that quickly it's a complete waste of time to farm for it. I am saying that the drop rate could be increased since it would not be as easy to mass slaughter them.

Funny since there is a no train rule in Ldon that is clearly stated everytime you zone in to any level. So I highly doubt Hunter based any drop rates on a warriors ability to pull a zone.

I was a suggestion jeeze lol. I consider something a problem and tried to come up with a solution. That is what I thought this forum was for. If my solution sucks or what I think is a problem is not a problem, then just point it out. Don't attack me like some 13 year old forum troll.

Your initial post sounded like you had a bad day and were ranting. It no way came across as a simple "fix" idea as the only thing you said was warriors need a nerf. In no way did you provide hard data to support your reasons. Any higher geared class (t1-t2 especially) can go on a rampage in Ldon. You just happened to encounter warriors. I can say I am glad I wasn't in Ldon on my necro when you were there or perhaps I would have seen a Necro Farming fix post here in the suggestion forum because he can easily tank 10 mobs on any floor in Ldon.

I didn't attack you personally, you took it that way. I was attacking your post and your argument in an outlined manner. If you don't like terms like QQ or bitch and moan, do more research and post more data before posting a "problem and a "solution". Terms like that have been used for years and they fit as responses to your initial rant.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439