Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 02:26:37 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: This is BS...  (Read 26692 times)
nafeasonto

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2010, 02:43:32 pm »

I was about to friggan imbue my 3.0 staff with an augment, and my GAME CRASHED IT CRASHED WITH my weapon in the bird bath and it's gone.  This no refund crap is BS.  What am I supposed to do?? HOW am I supposed to control a CRASH. 

This is really NOT happening. There needs to be something better then LOSING your weapon in the bird bath, if a DAMN CRASH happens.
Trinity

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 02:46:22 pm »

Maybe if it's epics they can be restored. Easy enough to check log and see if there is logging on this server that shows stuff like this. If not well sorry to hear anyway you lost your 3.0 that sucks.
Therous

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 02:46:35 pm »

i believe best way around this would be screen shotting you have the item, and the augment before trying to aug it, and then screenshot in middle of adding aug. or fraps the whole time you're doing it.
nafeasonto

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 02:53:19 pm »

I couldn't even screenshot in time.  That's how fast the game crashed didn't even have time to friggan think.
nafeasonto

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 02:56:54 pm »

Maybe if it's epics they can be restored. Easy enough to check log and see if there is logging on this server that shows stuff like this. If not well sorry to hear anyway you lost your 3.0 that sucks.

Well half the server saw I got my epic 3.0, and I am sure the server is logged daily so I am sure it's in those logs too. 
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 02:57:51 pm »

I'm seriously about to remove the bird bath if people keep crashing on it.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
nafeasonto

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 02:59:52 pm »

It's better them losing your EPIC 3.0 weapon dude.  Out of nowhere is just crashed, basically the message saying EQ has crashed.
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 03:01:30 pm »

Maybe remove it from the Nexus... I hear people saying the nexus crashes at times (although i've never seen it happen) and people can just use the FG/CG or Crafters Guild if they need to aug something... 95% of the time the person will be in those once they get an aug.

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Therous

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 03:02:49 pm »

how could you go about making an alternate way of augging stuff if you did that? there's alot of precautions we could do to prevent this and get the item refunded that is, if you'd be willing to do that.
nafeasonto

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 03:04:06 pm »

My friend is going to kill me all that work we did to get it.  or he did I should say.
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 03:07:57 pm »

how could you go about making an alternate way of augging stuff if you did that? there's alot of precautions we could do to prevent this and get the item refunded that is, if you'd be willing to do that.

The problem is that this just adds more new things to Hunter's plate for something rather minor. I think rather than suggesting that Hunter just 'makes' an alternative, maybe we as the community could try looking around for solutions. And I don't mean just put out random options like 'oh make it so we can aug using the magic box' but rather try to do some research and see what can/can't be done.

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Demin
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 03:08:52 pm »

When people start out on EZ and ask for advice, everyone always says to read the forums (which is so very true). There was a forum post that you could get epics refunded if you had screenshots.

I have augmented and deaugmented TONS of items and have never lost anything. What do I do?  First, I don't use the bird bath in Nexus. Too many people. Second, I put the aug or distiller in the bath FIRST, then I put the armor or weapon second and IMMEDIATELY hit insert or remove so that my item is in there for as short a time as possible.

In summary, in the short amount of time you have been playing, I already recognize your name from ooc (and not in a good way). Don't make your lasting contribution to EZ to have the bird bath removed because you were the final bitching straw that broke the Hunters back.
nafeasonto

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 03:12:22 pm »

When people start out on EZ and ask for advice, everyone always says to read the forums (which is so very true). There was a forum post that you could get epics refunded if you had screenshots.

I have augmented and deaugmented TONS of items and have never lost anything. What do I do?  First, I don't use the bird bath in Nexus. Too many people. Second, I put the aug or distiller in the bath FIRST, then I put the armor or weapon second and IMMEDIATELY hit insert or remove so that my item is in there for as short a time as possible.

In summary, in the short amount of time you have been playing, I already recognize your name from ooc (and not in a good way). Don't make your lasting contribution to EZ to have the bird bath removed because you were the final bitching straw that broke the Hunters back.

Why cause I am a newbie and i need some help on things? Whatever man.
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 03:17:37 pm »

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I lost a Warrior Epic 3.0 and two anger V augments.

I knew the rules about augs and what was required for refunds. I had neither so I went out and got another one.
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 03:22:29 pm »

ouch Gunther that's painful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis