Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 08:12:16 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: New server hardware  (Read 21609 times)
Secrets

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:47:13 am »

8 aoe attacks + whole sanctus seru zone (783 mobs) = no zone crash, and a lot of loot!

EZ's Server box never felt better!
Qty (2) Intel® Xeon® processor X5550

Qty (2) Intel® Thermal Solution STS100C

Intel® Server Board S5520HC

Intel® Server Chassis SC5650DPNA with 600Watt Power Supply

Intel® Integrated RAID Module (SROMBSASMR)

Qty (2) Seagate* Cheetah* NS.2 450GB SAS HDD’s (ST3450802SS)

6 GB DDR3 Memory 6x 1GB

Samsung* 22X DVDRW SATA Optical Drive

40GB Intel SSD

Intel Remote Management Module 3

Intel 6 Bay Hot Swap Expander Backplane

Windows 2008 Server R2 Standard

New hardware coming soon.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:03:01 am by Secrets » Logged
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:29:22 pm »

ALL HAIL GM SECRETS!
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 03:06:38 pm »

So does this mean, Warriors wont crash zones anymore? cause that would be amazing news to hear

Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 03:08:36 pm »

what was servers previous config? I don't remember,would be interesting to compare. Can this lead to bard ddd being multi-mob again? Smiley

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 03:13:27 pm »

Thanks Secrets for helping me with the install for the EZ Server on our new hardware!

The database is running on a Solid State Drive so the server should be faster than ever.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
OGFemme

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 04:56:29 pm »

So does this mean, Warriors wont crash zones anymore? cause that would be amazing news to hear

Yes, zone crashes still occur with AE's.

Don't believe me? Can send me a /tell in game and I'll gladly show you in PoFire with my Warrior.

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 05:09:38 pm »

Femme, please don't spread FUD unless you are sure of your information. I killed 150+ in PoF with my warrior at one shot and hit rampage no issues, zone didn't lag/reboot while the server was under load.

Secrets/Hunter also provided this image which shows Hunter killing every single mob in PoF at the same time without an issue.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 05:25:04 pm by Crabthewall » Logged
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 05:58:37 pm »

Just as a matter of testing i pulled one of the LDONs from entrance to gatekeeper and killed everything without the zone crashing.

ahh very nice!

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 06:34:38 pm »

Well this is a good update indeed. Great improvement Secrets and Hunter

OGFemme

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 06:52:48 pm »

Femme, please don't spread FUD unless you are sure of your information. I killed 150+ in PoF with my warrior at one shot and hit rampage no issues, zone didn't lag/reboot while the server was under load.

Secrets/Hunter also provided this image which shows Hunter killing every single mob in PoF at the same time without an issue.

I'm not saying the new hardware upgrade did nothing. All I'm saying is that the opportunity of crashing a zone is still there.

However, as for T3/T4 - I have no idea why we are still crashing up there. Basher appeared on /w all to be with us, maybe he can shed some light if the server side has any datail/info about it.

I am thinking that when we use #hatelist, it pulls from the server so much info for 24-30 toons to be called up and when multiple players use it at once, it leads to a lock up. Which is why we have so many crashes - mostly around a boss's death.

2 Nights ago in Nexus, I told my guildies in vent that it seems converting a huge amount of coins to copper and moving it to bank quickstyle also crashed the zone. I replicated that 2 more time that night. Tried now and obvious performance upgrades seems to have fixed that.

OGFemme

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 07:19:24 pm »

FUD?

Couldn't upload it here because I'm not an internetz genius

edit: o, that was only like 30 mobs btw... Whisky is weak ;(

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 07:27:32 pm »

FUD?

Couldn't upload it here because I'm not an internetz genius

edit: o, that was only like 30 mobs btw... Whisky is weak ;(

Sorry I must be missing it, I don't see a zone connect message in those pictures indicating a zone crashed?
OGFemme

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 07:31:02 pm »

How many times do we hear PoFire crashed over the months but we never see a zone reconnect... Like I said, just pointing out: Crashing a Zone is still possible when over pulling.

I was using Rampage + Aug V x4.
I think the Aug 5 when it kills a bunch of mobs all at once, that's when it causes a zone to hiccup/lockup

yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 07:35:40 pm »

Anytime that a zone connects (zone.exe, statically or dynamically) you get a zone connection message.  If your client crashed then that is a different issue.  Time for a hardware upgrade, broski.  Does Newegg ship to Nicaragua?

Here is the issue.  Whatever you dip shits are doing in T3/T4 to crash it needs to stop time now.  Saying that "oh with XYZ I can still crash PoF" to cloud the issue and direct attention away from your intentional crashes of T3/T4 is childish.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 07:52:47 pm »

How many times do we hear PoFire crashed over the months but we never see a zone reconnect... Like I said, just pointing out: Crashing a Zone is still possible when over pulling.

I was using Rampage + Aug V x4.
I think the Aug 5 when it kills a bunch of mobs all at once, that's when it causes a zone to hiccup/lockup

You are confusing your client crashing with the zone crashing. If a zone crashes you will see a yellow zone message.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 260
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)