Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 05:52:59 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Are WARs and PALs OP making other classes not viable?
Both WARs and PALs are OP - 13 (22.8%)
Only WAR are OP - 4 (7%)
Only PAL are OP - 3 (5.3%)
Neither are OP - 34 (59.6%)
Click here if you are too biased because you play a entire group of just WAR/PAL :-) - 3 (5.3%)
Both WAR and PAL are OP and so is <class> (comment below) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Are WARs and PALs OP? Vote away!!!  (Read 9900 times)
Moriah

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:55:13 pm »

Now let me make it CLEAR that I don't want nor expect things to change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me ALSO make it CLEAR that the point of the poll is NOT a poll about nerfing these classes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just simply asking: As is, are both of these classes OP and do they make other classes NOT viable?  I am simply curious as to the common opinion of whether others also think/feel they are OP or not.

Also feel free to comment all you want but please vote! Cheesy
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 05:01:15 pm »

Why do you want to know if you don't want anything changed? You don't want either one nerf'd or altered in any way..... so you made a public poll?

I think you already know the answer. This is more an /ooc question than a thread-worthy poll.

Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 05:05:32 pm »

Everyone knows Warriors are overpowered. Paladins are only strong currently due to their proc. If you lower the proc rate, that effects everyone across the board and it will just make everything worse.

My SK is strong due to his proc rate as well, only he benefits himself and not the group. If something were to change to nerf the proc rate, I would be very upset.

Personally, I would moreso look for ways to enhance other classes than bring more attention to the obvious overpoweredness of a few classes. Yes, that's why everyone plays them, hell that's why I have made a few myself.

/Shrug, it's just the same old argument, repackaged in a poll format.
Apology

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 05:51:51 pm »

You're asking a forum of players who predominately play warriors and paladins if those classes are overpowered.
How about next time you go into a bar and ask around about the merits of not drinking, or go to an NRA meeting
and ask if guns are safe.

You also don't define what overpowered means. Every player will come here with their own varying definition.
It's not even clear there is a relationship between being over-powered and the other classes being useful, as you
suggest, since the current content without paladins and warriors would be nigh impossible.

Apology, 70 Ranger. Jeddas, 70 SK.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 06:00:22 pm »

I want to know how far in the game are you??? Qvic Tav or hell Ldon.. Cuz i know if you are t3++ then you will never think warriors and pallys are op... find out whats in the game before you post..

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 06:09:15 pm »

If it wears plate, it's useful.

If it doesnt wear plate, it's on /stick to loot rots.

Welcome to EZ server. The sooner you understand this, the sooner you're gonna be able to sleep at night.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 07:29:17 pm »

The warrior and paladin class are not overpowered, the remaining classes are simply underpowered and in need of improvement.  Checking the forums you will see comments from Hunter about the other classes getting enhancements in future updates.

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 02:26:18 am »

Gawd these people make me cry.  Cry

Poop
Balthor2
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 02:30:53 am »

Seriously Gnaughty.
Stop asking for class X to get nerfed because your enchanter is next to worthless.
Instead come here and make a post with ideas to improve teh_sux classes.
Blighton <Leader of Red Dawn>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 02:40:45 am »

I BLAME GNAUGHTY       I BLAME GNAUGHTY        I BLAME GNAUGHTY     I BLAME GNAUGHTY      I BLAME GNAUGHTY!!!!!!!!!

I BLAME GNAUGHTY       I BLAME GNAUGHTY        I BLAME GNAUGHTY     I BLAME GNAUGHTY      I BLAME GNAUGHTY!!!!!!!!!
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 02:59:32 am »

lol ur everywhere with that

barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 08:26:14 am »

Seriously Gnaughty.
Stop asking for class X to get nerfed because your enchanter is next to worthless.
Instead come here and make a post with ideas to improve teh_sux classes.

Dude what are you talking 'bout, my chanter pwnz.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 10:02:09 am »

Bastards

Poop
Balthor2
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 07:45:52 pm »

I luv my enc.
I remember when I use to charm the warrior and shadowknight guild master and make them duel each other.
Shame Hunter thought it wasnt funny and made them immune to charm.
Those were the days.
Or you could put him next to the practice dummy and he would agro anyone that attacked the dummy.
Spuds

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 10:12:06 pm »

lmao

when everyone plays a warr/pal combo there gonna vote there not overpowered. I play a warr/pal/pal plus sham,rang,mnk,druid,sk,rog,cler. But my meat and potatoes are my warr/pal combos. Thats how this game is played you combo the best players you can to either role play, get a ton of gear, both or whatever. Before palys were viable everyone played war/war/cler/cler so it just depends on when a class may be retuned. I currently like the way the server is honeslty most caster classes are boring and dont need to be as viable as other classes.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 246