Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:39:58 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13
Print
Author Topic: Assassin Quest  (Read 84601 times)
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2010, 01:00:22 pm »

**Quick edit. Did the math @ 25 lvls + 25% increase per lvl and it came to 105,879hp (rounded to nearest 1) if lvl 1 is 500hp. Will do some number crunching with lvl 1 being 300hp and 400hp to see what those results add up to. Doing this out of sheer boredom at work so I don't mind if none of this gets used =P

KK so here's the numbers I came up with:

- 25 levels starting w/ 500hp @ lvl 1 =     ~106k hp. Too much
- 25 levels starting w/ 400hp @ lvl 1 =     ~85k hp. Maybe too much?
- 25 levels starting w/ 300hp @ lvl 1 =     ~64k hp. Sounds about right!

So in short, you'll be cutting down the runs by almost 200 or so, and decreasing the hp by 15k and stats by however much.

To be fair here, the person with rank V in this thread has done this (at least) 16 times to have achieved that. They don't even want to continue, especially with the VERY large leaps between upgrades later on. At least this method would spread them out a little more evenly, with the last upgrades taking considerably longer to achieve.

Starting at 300hp with the 25 lvl version I suggested, you wouldn't even break 10k hp until lvl 17. This would NOT make it "so easy" to grind through that it would be everywhere on the server, but would make it a lot more possible for those players who reeeeeeally want it.

As for boss difficulty, I'll leave that up to someone else to suggest =P my brain hurts now.

And yes, I do realize this would require a complete revamp of the whole quest process, and therefore I do not expect it to happen. I'm just trying to take part in the discussion because like I said, I want to dabble in everything I can get to in this game, and if I'm reading posts and hearing /ooc chat from experienced players about the quest being not worth the effort and time required, I'm a little disheartened to even try.

@ Hunter:

I find it to be a little more than a buzz kill that you took the time and effort to create something like this, which is MORE content for the players, only to have it shot down and nobody wants to even try it because they've done the math (or got a couple ranks and THEN did the math). I'm a strong believer that while certain content should be hard-earned by the player, it shouldn't be so difficult as to be virtually ignored by players with RoA 100 and UC because it's "too much grinding/time." Hell, I'm reading old posts and talking to people who say the UC is "too much grinding/time."

If some people are disinterested in even getting a UC due to the grind required, why multiply it by 10 and expect even a persistent player to attempt rank 10? The UC has an extremely versatile and useful focus effect, as well as some unbelievable stats. The Assassin's Quest Range item focus/right-click is still being constructed (I assume from what I've read), so it really is kind of unfinished. The only thing that we'd be wanting it for is the HP and perhaps the regen. I see there's also 79k MP on it, so now it's a Wizzy manaburn item too =P... but there aren't any insanely must-have buffs, focus effects or modifiers attached to this item to create a bloodthirsty hunger for obtaining it. The UC is actually superior to this in my mind based on the focus effect alone.

I dunno, I just keep throwing out ideas, opinions and viewpoints, but I'm just one person and I believe you're better at judging the wants/needs of the greater population. I'm gonna shut up now.

/rant off
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 01:28:38 pm by Mechules » Logged

Padme

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2010, 02:42:16 pm »

Your a tool want to see a raid.. go to live or p99... we don't have the population...

I understand your wants, a lot of people are grown and just play a little in spare time... with a quest that will take a long time to complete and your all bent out of shape cause its boring...yea get more people there that wont get the item...

Unless it gets coded for every one that sees the kill message wtf is the point for a dps race to get the quest item through 6 uc chars full auger they will max dps every time...

So wtf about the other ppl as your group or my grp rakes the quest item every kill...how's that fair to the rest of the ppl who's dps isn't great or haven't got maxed goons like you and I...

The quest needs to be groupable by 6 to with heavy charms and 3.5s.

I want to see this quest attainable by others not just rage, foh, fp,Bh,demo, fol and and any other heavy 4.0 guild I missed...don't get your feelings hurt...

This already long quest for a fking awesome weapon doesn't need to be longer... yes enjoyable but not longer....

This was from phone ill edit grammar and stuff later...

Flame me if you want. /shrug

I wont flame you, and i m sorry if i hurt you with my post  Sad
I think i understand what you mean, this item need to be doable by a lot of people and not only a group of 6 full T4 and aug/epic4.0 and aug/UC/RoA100 , but these item dont need to be boring as hell with 512 run, i just suggested a "raid" should be fun, but not a raid like it is on live or p99, well forget it, it was not a good idea.
I dunno which thing can be changed to make people want to do this quest.
But like Mechules said it :
The UC has an extremely versatile and useful focus effect, as well as some unbelievable stats. The Assassin's Quest Range item focus/right-click is still being constructed (I assume from what I've read), so it really is kind of unfinished. The only thing that we'd be wanting it for is the HP and perhaps the regen. I see there's also 79k MP on it, so now it's a Wizzy manaburn item too =P... but there aren't any insanely must-have buffs, focus effects or modifiers attached to this item to create a bloodthirsty hunger for obtaining it. The UC is actually superior to this in my mind based on the focus effect alone.

and each time you achieve a lvl, you just made only half of the next level dont make people want to continue.

Anyways, thanks to Hunter for the test and trying to make it better, so to respond to this :

I want to make these bosses 1-group-able and the whole group gets a reward / credit for the kill. If it takes more than 6 players to down the bosses, then I'll consider making them easier. Good thing I'm just experiementing with 1 boss for now. I'll continue to tweak them.

Actually its hard, rough, but doable with a group of 6 full T4, epic 4.0, RoA 100, UC.
Letting all the group get the reward for the kill is nice, but i wont kill him 512 times  Roll Eyes
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2010, 03:19:23 pm »

I agree with you totally it needs to be fun but a grind...hard to do both the more we brainstorm here daily and what we can get hunter to bite at will improve the quest.

Thanks for hanging thru my post..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2010, 03:26:54 pm »

I want to make these bosses 1-group-able and the whole group gets a reward / credit for the kill. If it takes more than 6 players to down the bosses, then I'll consider making them easier. Good thing I'm just experiementing with 1 boss for now. I'll continue to tweak them.

Actually its hard, rough, but doable with a group of 6 full T4, epic 4.0, RoA 100, UC.
Letting all the group get the reward for the kill is nice, but i wont kill him 512 times  Roll Eyes

*him and another 9 bosses x 512 lol. yucky

So right NOW it's "doable" with a group of 6 FULL T4, 4.0, RoA 100 and UC toons.

Fan-frickin'-tastic.

Only about a year of grinding UCs, RoAs and PoG on 6 toons til I can grind for another year of getting 1 of these "uber" range items.

Not to be a buttplug or anything, but RoA is soloable. It's easier if you use multiple boxes or have a friend to help, but it's soloable. UC is soloable (1-25 on all charms more so than 26-50). It's a ton easier if you box it, but you can do it with 3-4 characters or less (just grinding HoH avatars? pfft).

Assassin's quest seems to require boxing 6+ characters, requiring either more boxes (or more players) to attend. It also requires substantially more time than the RoA and UC combined as it is currently.

All for a shiny 79k hp.

=)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:29:00 pm by Mechules » Logged

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2010, 03:41:51 pm »

Well at least every character gets item from the drop which is way better than it was intended at first. 79,000 hit points is a lot so it should be hard to achieve but doable.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2010, 05:50:56 pm »

Well at least every character gets item from the drop which is way better than it was intended at first. 79,000 hit points is a lot so it should be hard to achieve but doable.

Yes. Every character in the full T4, RoA 100, UC, 4.0 group.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2010, 10:05:49 pm »

You sound so grumpy about this.  It's high end content with a high end reward.

Nobody is forcing anyone to do this quest.  If it's too much then people won't do it and maybe it will be made easier.  If not, oh well.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2010, 10:08:59 pm »

I havent tried it, is it really that freakin hard for 6 toons to do?

Poop
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2010, 10:36:02 pm »

The 4.0 used to mana drain where everyone was OOM in 10 seconds, blind, death touch, aoe and have adds.

This is a nice change.
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2010, 11:25:40 pm »

You sound so grumpy about this.  It's high end content with a high end reward.

Nobody is forcing anyone to do this quest.  If it's too much then people won't do it and maybe it will be made easier.  If not, oh well.

For a high end reward, I'd just be anticipating a little more pizazz than "79k hp. Most hp in the game. Whoopee." I'm looking for "OMG WTF YOU GOT MAX LVL? ENJOY THIS CRAZY BUFF! WOOHOOOO!" you know? A little more flair.

I'm not so much grumpy as I am disappointed to see something that Hunter actually put thought into to give us a good range item be so monotonous though. I mean... I'm not sure if all of you have paid for an MMO at one point or another (probably), but for a game to tell you to repeat the same quest over and over and over (x512) to receive the final item in the series seems... dare I say... not fun. You'd complain a lot more if you were forking over the $15 a month, even though many players on this server already fork over more than that as it is (voluntarily, of course). There's literally no fun to be had while doing it. So to sacrifice a year's worth of fun, just to say you have 79k hp more than the guy sitting next to you is.... well... insane.

Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2010, 11:33:51 pm »

Yes, with a normal setup. But i'm thinking if you had 5 pally's and 1 war UC'd, RoA 100'd and T4'd then it might be doable, anything less than 3 healers you'll see the light...errr "Loading, Please Wait"
Balthor2
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2010, 12:31:05 am »

The clowns like Rostam got their wish.
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2010, 03:16:08 am »

Yes, with a normal setup. But i'm thinking if you had 5 pally's and 1 war UC'd, RoA 100'd and T4'd then it might be doable, anything less than 3 healers you'll see the light...errr "Loading, Please Wait"
You dont need 5 pal + 1 war, you can do with less, but thats right, with not enough heal, loading please wait  Grin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2010, 03:19:57 am »

Considering dropping difficulty from 4.0 boss down to a T2 boss.

Also double hp per rank starting at 500, then 1000, 2000, 4,000 etc so do the math would make more worth.

Don't forget. No rots + group all gets the item + 1 item on corpse.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2010, 03:29:50 am »

Considering dropping difficulty from 4.0 boss down to a T2 boss.

Also double hp per rank starting at 500, then 1000, 2000, 4,000 etc so do the math would make more worth.

Don't forget. No rots + group all gets the item + 1 item on corpse.

lol At first I thought you meant you were dropping the difficulty of the 4.0 boss down to a T2 boss, thinking to myself: incoming sarcastic post. But then I re-read it lol

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053