Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 01:54:43 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 49
Print
Author Topic: Screenshots of People Who Need to be Banned - POST HERE  (Read 362940 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2011, 04:19:52 pm »

Or you could just man up knowing it's an unacceptable name and ask Hunter to rename you, due not knowing the rule set ... not everything people point out means ban, it means man up and get it fixed..

Hunter bans me, oh well. I'll reroll Frapsfraps Please Dont Ban Me Hunter.

You don't know anything about my playstyle, maturity level, skill set, etc. Yet you're willing to throw people out with that bathwater.

And you speak of your maturity level.. then post this?

Where does this type of response get you?

meh

see you in game hope you get a name change..
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:23:19 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 12, 2011, 04:24:58 pm »

Actually I do know something about you. Only one thing and it is generally the first thing anyone knows about anyone on this or any other server. I know your name. And your name indicates you have the maturity level of a 12 year old. That is the impression you put out there with your name.

Xiggie

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2011, 06:04:23 pm »

This is some of the most childish stuff I've read since my kindergarten reading time. How about instead of all you people bitch, moaning, and complaining about some other toon's name that you see in passing to Hunter - YOU take the initiative to inform whoever in game that their name is offensive, against server policy and warrants a ban. Maybe if more people took this approach to the Naming Policy then we'd see less people that are past Tacvi with offensive names. Or if for whatever reason you find any given name, or find yourself frequently offended by what people name their characters, then turn off PC names and ignore them so you never have to see their name again. Everyone loves the ban stick, and having a GM deal with their problems instead of acting like adults.

Trying to approach these people usually just ends up with hostile tells. They go out of their way trying to defend their characters name while bashing the naming policy.
As to the whole less people past tacvi with those names....doubtful at best. It is insanely easy here to get to the qvic/tacvi point while flying under the radar with a "unique" name. (Instancing, playing off peak hours, etc.)
One of the reasons this thread was started was probably due to the fact that trying to approach these people in game was an act of frustration at best. Being able to screenshot it, post it and email Hunter is far less trying and conveniently you don't have to deal with the idiots directly.

Glad I take a break from playing here during the summer months. Oh on a parting note Kylok, your asinine attempt at defending his choice of naming his toon truely doesn't conform to your claim that you quit P99 because of all the drama.

caowen

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 12, 2011, 08:46:48 pm »

I actually had to look up what the name meant and why everyone was complaining about Fapfap... Pretty gross name - especially since you know it was done purposefully to get a response... Please be a bit more mature... We are all here to play the game not aggro everyone... Or are some of us... reminds me of the song about the guy that thinks he is so much cooler online.  Probably some short harry guy sitting all alone in his mommas basement at age 45 or so...
Kylok

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 13, 2011, 05:36:30 am »

You people make me sick, I'm rerolling a warrior for my team as I type. The issue is done. Good day.

If this were an actual serious issue - it wouldn't be in rants and flames...

and the toon has not been banned.

and as an afterthought, I challenge you to find a direct quote of me saying that the name FapFap is in accordance with the naming policy. I pointed out some vague language and made a flimsy case of how vague words may be misconstrued. Just an example, not a defense.

To Xiggie - if you delete your offensively named paladin I'll delete my offensively named warrior.  Sounds fair enough to me. =D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:11:33 am by Kylok » Logged

Just remember... no matter where you are.... how old you are.... where you were at the time you checked the forum....
When you log in, Hatin' Trolls are coming for you! Yes oh yes they are, and they're hatin' from their cubicles and Basements!
But fret not! We have a spray for this!
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 13, 2011, 07:23:35 am »

Kylok,

Why do you think he never logs the paladin in period? I know why it was given to him then he realized it was a re-re name so he manned up and just did the right thing pretty much forgot the account info.

Get over yourself? Get over your hard on for Xiggie.. He wasn't even the original poster about Fapx3 or whatever.

Hunter really needs to put it in writing "don't be dumb."

oh nm he has.

USE COMMON SENSE

BTW, if you don't like the Rules that Hunter has set forth then leave.

BTW, if you don't like that Hunter has asked the server to Police itself then leave.

BTW, if you don't like what you are reading then leave.

BTW, man up send Hunter an email get named changed or just reroll, then stay.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:37:50 am by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
sylkkdaskr

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 13, 2011, 10:01:38 am »

/sigh

I don't know why anyone argues in this thread. Trust me, I understand you people who are just completely irate at the few who go above and beyond normal policing duties. Trust me, I get it. But if you also read the rest of this thread, there are many many others who have tried to get their point across, usually unsuccessfully.

As useless as it may seem playing on a free server, to some people their name (reputation in this sense) matters way more than you would expect. So you really are going to have to get used to that or, without sounding cliche, leave.

I do not want you to leave. I'd love a much more diversely populated server. And in all hoensty, I would much rather give someone with a mildly offensive name the benefit of the doubt before crying the sky is falling down.

Not all people who roll slightly immature/offensive names has the "maturity of a 12 year old". That is just a rediculous blanket accusation. Some of the off color jokes, comments, and even blatant hand raising that some people scream 12 year old immaturity more than someone with a trivial name.

No im not condoning rule breaking and I totally get the thought process behind the rules. But you CANT always judge a book by it's cover.

Ive been here a few months now. Ive seen people complain on this thread about some folks with offensive names, yet, I have yet to see those people training, trolling /ooc or any other misdeeds. That is not to say they havent, I'm just saying I personally have not seen it.

One of Kylok's points was to bring it to the person before running and telling on them. Seems reasonable. But I think sometimes people have gone too far into thinking their whistle blower entitlement supersedes trying to reason with a person beforehand simply because they have permission.

Trust me, when I get pulled over, I'd much rather get a warning than a speeding ticket. Sometimes I didn't see the speed limit because it was a new neighborhood, or sometimes, I just thought I would go under the radar because no cops would be around and I could get away with it. Do either of those scenarios make me a bad person? No. Yes I broke the law by speeding. Does it mean I'm going to rob a bank or take someones life, or drive drunk? Probably not. Some people, however, enjoy being.... "that" cop. You're just going to have to get used to that. Like it or not, I'ts going to be that way because that's how this server operates.

You will never have the same reputation as others. If the kid with the most toys says you can't play, justifiable or not, whether you agree or not, fair or not, he's going to call the shots because they are his toys. It's not his park, but his bat and ball.  Everyone is going to be more inclined to agree with him, her, them, because that's what keeps the server going.

I'd suggest just letting it go and just try to ignore the people you dont like or dont care to agree with. Most people box all of their own toons anyway so you wont be missing out on much. Sadly, its a vicious circle and keeps things the way they are. It's still fun, but isnt as fun as it could be.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:16:59 am by sylkkdaskr » Logged
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 13, 2011, 10:11:11 am »

/sigh
-place wall of text here-

It's not about being that cop Sylkkdaskr.. It's about 1 pass gives another gives another then all the goons will run around with names like IRAPEDYOURMOMSASSANDPEEDINIT FORFUNHAHAHA or IBLAST PUSSYFORFUN.

You nip the stuff in the bud early, Hunter has squelched people for less in game with just a slip of shit or fuck (stuff like that)

No one said BAN THE FUCKER, Just get his fucking name changed or make a new char damn.

Hunter wants close to a PG(ish) server as can be.. now RANTS and FLAMES.. different story (people shouldn't click here if they have virgin eyeballs)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:17:05 am by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
sylkkdaskr

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 13, 2011, 10:21:47 am »

/sigh
-place wall of text here-

It's not about being that cop Sylkkdaskr.. It's about 1 pass gives another gives another then all the goons will run around with names like IRAPEDYOURMOMSASSANDPEEDINIT FORFUNHAHAHA or IBLAST PUSSYFORFUN.

You nip the stuff in the bud early, Hunter has squelched people for less in game with just a slip of shit or fuck (stuff like that)

No one said BAN THE FUCKER, Just get his fucking name changed or make a new char damn.

Hunter wants close to a PG(ish) server as can be.. now RANTS and FLAMES.. different story (people shouldn't click here if they have virgin eyeballs)

I think you just want to argue. I put, in my wall of text that you omitted, the phrase "slightly offensive names". Yes that phrase is subject to interpretation, but one of the common trends I read throughout is "common sense". Common sense would tell you  IRAPEDYOURMOMSASSANDPEEDINIT FORFUNHAHAHA or IBLAST PUSSYFORFUN are beyond "slightly offensive."

I'm not here to argue rules, or whether something is right or wrong. I suggest you re-read my "wall of text" if you wish to make an argumentative retort.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 13, 2011, 10:25:59 am »

Nope

Just telling you.

That I will not just (see your quote) ignore the rules, I do however ignore people who just bother me total different things we are talking about.

I'd suggest just letting it go and just try to ignore the people you dont like or dont care to agree with.

Rules are Rules, Keep turning a blind eye things will get worse.

btw,

Who are you in game?

-Hate"
sylkkdaskr

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 13, 2011, 10:31:22 am »

I'd suggest just letting it go and just try to ignore the people you dont like or dont care to agree with.

Rules are Rules, Keep turning a blind eye things will get worse.

I believe you misinterpreted what I meant by that, or I may not have been concise enough. My fault. When all the smoke is cleared, and your toon is deleted, deleveled, name changed or rerolled. If you do not like how person A, B, or C decides they want to handle things, ignore that player.

Having read and re-read this thread many times, I've more than seen my fair share of people using "just ignore them" argument. It doesn't work.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 13, 2011, 10:33:37 am »

Grin I'm on same page now

-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 13, 2011, 02:02:02 pm »

Grin I'm on same page now

Actually.. eh.. you, um aren't. They are on page 26 and, umm, well.. you're on page 27.
Yes I know I am a dumbass, lol.

As for the challenge to delete the toon, I can't. It does not officially belong to me. I have however, as I indicated stopped using it. So in that sense, challenge accepted.

I know that it is hard to stop using a toon that you have worked to get to a certain level of gear. Especially when you first start out, it can take a while to get back to where you are. I would like to help out with that. In an earlier post I said the only thing I knew about the owner of fapfap is the name he chose. Now I know 2 things, no matter how you got there, you are chosing to do without your toon and follow the rules. I see that fapfap is in mostly tacvi and has his 3.0. I am not trying to sound like an elitist here but if you are interested I will get you your 3.0 and full tacvi. Contact me in game on Xiggie or Xandar.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 13, 2011, 02:53:35 pm »

Ill give ya FG set to help ya out

-Hate"
Kylok

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2011, 06:07:42 pm »

Thank you all for the responses and intelligent discussion on both sides of the argument concerning Fapfap. I logged the toon in last night to take all the cash off him and now hes going into hibernation until I can PL this new warrior. Byronosaurus and myself really, REALLY appreciate all the positive feedback we've gotten in the last 24 hours. We have 5 other toons that have 3.0's/tacvi gear (2 paladins, bard, rogue, monk) and a mage for PLing so getting back to 70 with 3.0s and tacvi gear and 500 AAs is really no big deal. We're quite happy being self sufficient and respectfully decline all offers to help replace this toon. But we really appreciate the offers! It really speaks to the actual common sense that Hunter encourages us to use =)

Thank you all and I'm glad this got cleared up =)

Kylok

Just remember... no matter where you are.... how old you are.... where you were at the time you checked the forum....
When you log in, Hatin' Trolls are coming for you! Yes oh yes they are, and they're hatin' from their cubicles and Basements!
But fret not! We have a spray for this!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 49
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057